Gallstones

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:23 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bullshit on the no fever no infection... I didn't have a fever when I was admitted to the hospital and slid into a coma... it took 8 days of intravenous antibiotics to get my body un infected enough to open up.... quit screwing around....

For real? Shocked
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:23 am
sozobe wrote:
How far along are you, again?

25 weeks (little over 6 months)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:24 am
Oh and also, did it come and go? Just come on suddenly and then fade away?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:24 am
I agree with everyone else. Get it checked out. Maybe that's what it is, maybe it isn't, but it's not something to goof around with.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:27 am
Dammit...it is so hard to get work off...I have to take off time once a month as is for my ob appointment and now this? We are so busy right now, I can barely take time to pee during the day.

I guess the worse case scenario is that I make myself really sick and am out for a week or more...that would piss boss off more than 2 hours for an appointment....

**sigh**

I hate it when you are right.

Dammit.

It's just that everyone keeps telling me that I overreact and am making myself sick and that it's all in my head....you know the drill. And being pregnant makes me paranoid so part of me thinks maybe I am making it worse than it is....and I feel silly for going to the doctor. Especially when my ob told me the first time that it was just pulled muscles.

Which I am pretty damn sure it ain't now.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:43 am
Bella - Yes, Bear is serious and so are the rest of us.

Yes, he belched without relief.

Now, GO!

What are you doing still sitting there?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:52 am
squinney wrote:

What are you doing still sitting there?

Working. Laughing

This morning I have the glorious ability to work and check A2K at the same time...something I haven't been able to do all week.

The other question I have....did it hurt to scrunch your body up (like when you bent over?)

I feel kind of silly going now because it's mostly gone (the pain). How do I tell him where it hurt yesterday? Confused What do I say?

As you may be able to tell, I am really hoping that someone will come along and say "it's " (insert non-deadly, yet annoying affliction here)", don't worry about it!!!"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:56 am
Yes, I can tell, and that's exactly why I'm not saying anything! :-) It sounds somewhat familiar but I'm afraid if I say anything about, "well, when I was pregnant.." you'll say "OK whew" and not do anything and I just have no way of knowing. Only your doctor can tell. Ask him/her!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 10:07 am
you are pregnant? and you are gambling that your insides might be infected and feeding that infection directly into your infants bloodstream while in utero?

are you f**king crazy?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 10:38 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
you are pregnant? and you are gambling that your insides might be infected and feeding that infection directly into your infants bloodstream while in utero?

are you f**king crazy?

I wouldn't call it gambling with anything. I don't FEEL sick like you tend to feel with infections so there would be no indication to me that I was sick. As well, a few weeks ago when I was in to see my ob about this, he was sure it was pulled muscles so again, no indiation that this was an infection.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 10:39 am
okay. well, don't take a chance. better safe than sorry.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 10:41 am
I am feeling worse and worse today (stomach is upset now and there is some tenderness back on my right side) so I think I will be heading in to see the doc. Either you are all freaking me out and I am worrying myself sick or I really am sick.

Either way, you are all right....better safe than sorry.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 10:47 am
Quote:
Either way, you are all right....better safe than sorry.

Bella Dea- It is a win-win situation. If it is something, than you will know about it, feel more in control, and be able to take steps to correct the problem. If it is nothing, your anxiety level will abate, and you will feel better.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 10:48 am
Bella--

A close friend of mine ignored symptoms for weeks and weeks--and damn near died.

Consider yourself a Holy Vessel and go see the Temple Staff.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:16 pm
What are you waiting for? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:52 am
Well, the pain was almost completely gone by the time I got in and they didn't do any "real" tests. Just told me it was more than likely pregnancy pains or indigestion. Confused

So....if it happens again, I have to go in while there is the pain so I can show them exactly where it is and justify an ultrasound or scan or something.

Whatever.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:00 am
What a pain (no pun intended). That's so frustrating. Did you ask them about gallstones specifically or did you get the chance?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:01 am
Not really because it wasn't my regular doctor and there was an air of "let's get this moving" because they had "squeezed me in". I went to see my primary but he was out sick (how ironic) and so I saw someone else in the building (there are 4 doctors in that particular practice.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:05 am
Ugh. I hate that. It's one of the things that keeps me from going to the doctor unless I feel like I'm dying -- and sometimes even then. They don't take you seriously and just want to get you back out the door. It makes you think that, if you had gallstones or some other serious ailment, they'd never figure it out. I'm sorry Bella. We were all hoping you'd at least get some peace of mind out of the visit.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:45 am
I'm sorry you had that experience. Sometimes you have to get pushy to get the service you require. At the end of the day, even at the doctors office, you're the customer.
You should have been thoroughly checked onstead of glossed over.

How do you feel now?
0 Replies