Is Your Place of Work Closed For Easter? Good Friday?

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 11:16 am
The grocery stores here are having a mad rush today - they were closed yesterday and will be closed again tomorrow. Three days of shoppers in one day - it was craaaaazy out there.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 11:19 am
I'd thought today (at 8 am) that people had nothing to eat at home and from Tuesday onwards nothing is allowed to be sold - shops were cloced yesterday and don't open before Tueday (but that supermarked is open until 10 pm tonight).
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:02 pm
sozobe wrote:
Yep, what JPB said. As soon as I started working in positions that held any kind of authority I learned (the hard way) that you can't please all of the people all of the time. So if you really think you're doing the right thing, just nod and smile and go ahead and do what you think is right. I mean, listen for valid criticisms, and if there are any, take them into account. But anyone in a position of authority gets a whole lot of criticism, valid or no. And you gotta learn to let the invalid ones roll off your back... or go batshit.

So true, so true.

Hang in there Squinney!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:23 pm
walter wrote :

Quote:
I'd thought today (at 8 am) that people had nothing to eat at home and from Tuesday onwards nothing is allowed to be sold - shops were cloced yesterday and don't open before Tueday (but that supermarked is open until 10 pm tonight).

foolishly of us trying to go to the shopping centre today Laughing
as walter said , starvation must be setting in soon (global warming Shocked ) .

we were smart enough to turn around and go home quickly . we should be able to live off our body-fat for a few days .
hbg
0 Replies