Would you go out on a date with celebrity?

Piffka

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 09:45 am
ossobuco wrote:
Get a life, girl. All these folks are only more people.

Or get high-definition TV... then the spots really come out and you will get over it. Life is not really air-brushed.

However, if I WERE to go out with a celebrity, it would be Dustin Hoffman. He'd probably be bored with me though and what fun is that?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 09:52 am
wandeljw wrote:
Chai is well known to readers of The American Journal of Physics for her analyses of mathematical models related to nuclear fission. I do not blame her for avoiding the subject on A2K.

well, the cat's out of the bag now!

actually, I don't talk about nuclear physics, but I do a lot of listening.

The science threads around here are ones I don't say much on, but really enjoy reading.

I enjoy reading anything about science, even if I can't understand some or most of it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 03:59 pm
nimh wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
Hmm.. Im a woman who would hate to talk only about celebrity b/s on a date. [..]

But, with a celebrity, I am willing to bet that they wouldn't want to talk only about themselves for the entire conversation .

OK, am I crazy or is it not necessarily a question of "celebrity b/s" to think you could have an interesting conversation about music with someone who's actually a musician? Same like you can have an interesting conversation about plate tectonics with someone who is a geologist? .

I guess I need to clarify what I call celebrity b/s-

Essentially whos dating who, who has taken what drug, who is a crack pot , who isnt..
that is what i mean..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 04:05 pm
huh, Jen's new post is missing.

pffffffft

It was kinda interesting.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 08:13 pm
Hey, Piff, I had a drink in an irish bar on a quiet Sunday afternoon with dustin hoffman's ex roommate and the roommate's girlfriend. We talked for hours, but not about DH - that took about a minute.. Smile

To everybody else, repeating myself, I've been acquainted with scads of celebrities or near celebrities. Some of them are very interesting and I've liked what conversations we've had, and some I've met on work terms, with any long conversation not a realistic matter, but I wouldn't have minded talking, and some are most obnoxious, or seemed so. Like I said before, people.
0 Replies