The CAT room!

cjhsa

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:29 pm
1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.
2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.
3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape).
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a 'power wash and rinse' which I have found to be quite effective.
6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.

Sincerely,

The Dog
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 02:26 pm
Cinder hates when I give him a bath, but he is still a little kitten.. He is such a good boy tho, I put him in the water and He will try to get out once or twice (without scratching me tho) and then he just sits in the bah, meowing loudly, but he doesn't fight me... just deals with it! Whenever I leave the room he follows me, so If I take a bath he will sit on the edge of the tub and watch the bubbles, but he won't dare go in! He hates going into the tub when it it empty, let alone full (weird)... or if I take a shower, I open the curtain and there is my Cinder!! I really wish I had a scanner, I'd put a picture of him on here!!!

He had his first encounter with snow the other day.... I brought him out on his harness and leash and he jumped into the snow and came running back to me... wish I had a camera!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 03:53 pm
Everyone needs a scanner Crazielady420!!! or when you take pics and get them developed, ask them to put it on a CD so you can share them! Smile
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 07:33 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
Everyone needs a scanner Crazielady420!!! or when you take pics and get them developed, ask them to put it on a CD so you can share them! Smile

I can't even afford to get my pictures developed let alone buy a scanner! Crying or Very sad

BUT we have one a work, I just have to be sneaky when I use it! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 07:39 am
Charming present waiting for me on the back doorstep this morning: a stone cold dead mouse! Shocked Why do cats have to GIVE you these things? <shudder>
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:56 am
I am brokenhearted!

Rae moved to her own apartment on Sunday, and she left Lacey until Monday so she could have time to pick up some kitty supplies. Poor Lacey went into Rae's empty room, and with a shocked look on her face "meowed, 'Where did everything go?' ... she then proceeded to lay in Rae's closet.

Rae came on Monday and picked up Lacey, which left me bawling for a good two hours until I could get involved with pulling off the wallpaper in my bathroom to take my mind off of my lost little kitty.

I am still crying as I write this! I know, it's totally ridiculous, but I can't help it!

I'm going to take Paddy to visit Lacey as soon as I get an invite!

BTW, Paddy slept after Lacey left for a good part of the evening ... I could see he was really grieved:(
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:30 am
oh dear .... you'll both miss both of them Crying or Very sad . At least they are near and you'll see plenty of them.

just think how much more affectionate Paddy may be when he has you all to himself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:45 am
Aw, Misti! How very sad! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:54 pm
Misti **hugs**

You remind me so much of my mother and what she must be going through knowing that after I returned to the same town as my mom (after 8+ yrs), I will be leaving again in few months.

It's only then I really understand how much I need her. Sometimes I take that for granted.

I wish I could deliver you a few kitties from the shelter. I'm sure I could get them for free if I asked the manager (since I worked there). Visiting them can't be enough??? Sad
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:55 pm
Back off little squirt.

http://img234.exs.cx/img234/6427/clc34cu.jpg

I SAID ....back off.

http://img234.exs.cx/img234/6416/clc8kh.jpg

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img234.exs.cx/img234/571/clc29cl.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 06:59 pm
This is just not my cat's day. Another "leave me alone ...you monster" that happened today. Laughing

http://img29.exs.cx/img29/6184/y07ly.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:15 am
Good to know whose boss, Joa! :wink:
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:49 am
Misti, I'd be crying too. Not ridiculous. You and Paddy will adjust eventually.

msolga, What a lovely gift. A stone-cold dead mouse. I think they do it out of love. Feh, pooh.

Joa, Thanks for the wonderful photos. They made me smile.

Mikey hasn't done anything worth reporting in the past few days. Maybe he's getting old.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:54 am
Yeah, I reckon feh, pooh, too, Roberta! Evil or Very Mad I nearly stood on the poor, dead wretch. Ugh.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:55 am
If she looks funny (for the record), my cat gets shaved once every 3-4 weeks. Just my preference, and she purrrrrrrrrrs... while it's getting done. Kinda something she's realized is a part of her life now.

most people say they can't tell, even after a fresh shave. Smile
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 08:18 pm
Sweet Misti, it must seem lonely around there.

{{{{{ Misti }}}}}

As some of you know, I read the cat posts occassionally because you all write the best stories of your cats and because I miss having a cat. The other night I found this funky and funny site called My Cat Hates You. Here is a link:
http://www.mycathatesyou.com/cats/2004/03/

I've been thinking of getting a kitten, but I'm not sure about traveling in the camper with a cat. Fred, our parrot and Sally, our dog, are fine with it; but a cat, Hmmm...I don't know. Has anyone had any experience camping with a cat? This is an RV so we don't actually camp outside. I also know that some cats enjoy riding in a car. One of my cats loved it and would jump in just like a dog. Anyway, suggestions?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:21 pm
Thank you all for your sweet and kind expressions. I am better now because I hear Lacey is happy and so is Rae. We still miss Lacey, but honestly I think Paddy is in his glory, he loves being 'KING OF THE CASTLE', the big oof that he is!

Just now, he rolled his huge body over to my chair, raised his chin up to be scratched, then purred like a ........... well, you know!

Diane, I think cats love riding in cars/RV's, and would
love to hear that you're getting one, because they are so entertaining and so darn lovable, they just steal your heart! ! My only concern would be for FRED....... Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked

Keep us posted girl, kisses to Sally, she's such a charm!

By the way, Paddy and me are going to visit Lacey and Rae on Saturday!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 02:54 am
Diane - Siamese cats will walk on a lead - I've met several people out on walks with them over the years and they took them anywhere/everywhere - but dlowan is the one to check with as she has 2.

My parents had a very indulged alley cat for many years who went on caravan and cottage holidays with them. They had a 16foot touring caravan and always took her with them - my dad even fitted a cat flap so she could go out exploring at night! He'd take her for a walk in the mornings and evenings (not on a lead - they just mooched along together, her exploring hedgerows and once coming nose to nose with a weasel or stoat - my dad's heart nearly stopped!). She hated the car though and would protest for the first couple of miles and then give up and resign herself to a journey.

Another time my dad was sitting with his back to a stone wall in the sun, watching Pippin exploring, when suddenly she flew over to him and climbed up inside his sweater - a few seconds later he heard someone on horseback approaching - she'd heard well before him.

I think if you want to do this you'll need to acclimatise the kitten to the RV from the very beginning, taking it out almost daily so that it accepts it totally - our previous cats have hated the car and been terrified travelling.

Good luck
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 12:03 pm
http://www.sonic.net/~sunshell/project/pagetwo/Dobyteeth.jpg

Bark! Bark! Bark! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 12:23 pm
this is the cat thread - Twisted Evil not for self portraits cjhsa
0 Replies