The CAT room!

Wy

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 03:09 pm
When can she go free? Is it to keep her from jumping? My Wobble came home from surgery and we both took a long nap (I'm always willing to nap) then a bite to eat, a little litterbox, and back to bed. I let her do what she wanted the next day -- from all reports she spent it on my bed -- and she's been fine.

I hope your baby recovers as quickly and as well.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 08:09 pm
Fixing it yet again. This thread has pagination problems.

Louis says MEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW

Which translates roughly into "Do not put me in cages I didn't volunteer to get into. I hate f---ing cages. If you put me in that cat carrier cage again I will rip your eyeballs out and eat them off my claws like the tasty little treats they are".
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:00 am
I hope your baby recovers quickly, Debra.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:53 am
Debra,

How is your baby doing today? Has she calmed down? Is she eating and drinking?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:32 pm
I let her out of the kennel late last evening. We were instructed "no running or jumping" for 5-7 days after the surgery, and my man was very nervous when I let her out. He's afraid she's going to rip open her incision because she's such an active cat. But, so far so good.

She's eating, drinking, and appears to be back to her happy-go-lucky self.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:36 pm
Wonderful Debra_Law! I am so happy to hear that! Thanx for the update! And get well hugs from all the kitties here!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 11:10 am
We had a lot of snow the last days. And our cats are indoor cats. Now I opened the window in our bathroom a bit. It is skylight thing, built into the roof of the house. Mysan stood on her hindlegs to reach out of the window and grab some snow. Like a little kid she grabbed an icy piece and ate it :-) She had lots of fun reaching for more and more snow.

Nisse waited until I closed the window, then he jumped up to have closed look at the snow covered window. When I opened it again he ran away. Little coward... ;-)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 11:14 am
LOL. I can just see Mysan grabbing the snow and eating it! Just like a child does with a fresh snowfall. Guess Nisse just likes it warm and cozy?!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 11:21 am
Absolutely, Momma Angel. He is curled up on his favourite pillow just now...

While we were in the bathroom, some snow slipped down the roof. Nisse ran out like a flash while Mysan stayed at the window watching...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 11:37 am
They are so much like children. Each so unqiue with their likes and dislikes and their personalities. It's such a joy to watch those personalities develop.

Well, I have made a decision. The Himalayan IS GETTING NEUTERED STAT! This cat is trying to whoop everyone's butt and if I see that tail shake at one more wall, he's liable to get a diaper put on him! He's taking this "diva-cat" thing just a bit too far..............................................
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 11:48 am
I think that's a good decision, MA. He is absolutely beautiful but that's not all that counts... And there too many kittens around anyway.

I get a bit worried about all the outdoor cats now that the avian flu is spreading in Europe. This will give a green light to a lot of people who don't like cats anyway... These people worry me a lot more than the avian flu itself.

I'm off for my birthday dinner now!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 08:06 pm
and a happy birthday to you

Critters give you a nice present??? Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 08:10 pm
Happy Birthday urs53!http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Holidays/Party_Balloons/3D_balloons.gif
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 09:18 am
Thank you!

Nisse and Mysan were very sweet, let us sleep late, did not puke... What else can you ask for?! :-)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 02:58 pm
happy birthday Urs - the image of the cats and the snow was lovely Very Happy

yes, I worry about Paddy with avian flu as he is a real outdoors baby - he'll go stir crazy if he's kept in. Rosie wouldn't worry.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 03:32 pm
Vivien, does Paddy go far? My sister's cat Hexe would go crazy, too, if she had to stay inside. But luckily she mainly stays in the garden. Still, I am worried...
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 02:05 am
Yes, he travels a fair way the little monster. And worse, he's a little hunter despite his collar and bell - so any sick bird, he'd catch. Very worrying if .... when .... the avian flu makes it here.

He goes absolutely nuts to go out, nagging and nagging us, jumping up on the arm of the chair and then pointedly going to the door chirruping and looking back over his shoulder - he'll keep it up for ages if you try to ignore him Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 03:15 pm
Oh, that would be difficult then, Vivien. I hope they will be safe.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 04:31 am
Remember this guy?

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/10/dcp00193rs.jpg

Well, I've had it. That's it! I have had it with this cat! Tomorrow, he goes to the vet and gets neutered. This Himalayan is driving me insane.

He is registered with papers and I was hoping to find a nice female Himalayan for him and maybe make a few dollars for my cat shelter.

The first time he snuck up on another cat and let out the scream from hell, I laughed. I even laughed up until about the sixth time.

Now, His Royal High Butt thinks he owns this place. He fights every cat no matter what sex or size. He sounds like a peacock with that whine of his. He is spraying everything. This is the third night this beauty has kept me up and I've been tempted to neuter him myself.

So, tomorrow, HE is going to become an IT and then maybe we will have some peace around here.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 05:35 am
Himself came home with a new collar for Paddy a few weeks ago - a pretty green with little white daisies on with yellow centres Shocked Rolling Eyes

I said he couldn't put a little boy cat in that!

he came home collarless this week and is now sporting this pretty collar as he'll decimate the bird population without the bell. All the neighbourhood cats will be sniggering behind their paws at him Rolling Eyes
0 Replies