The CAT room!

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 05:43 pm
I wonder what Slappies land on when tossed from a ten storey building?

'Twould be fun to try.

Shall we do it in cat suits?

Meow!

What's with the grass eating?

Yeah, I know, good for their smegging tummies. But - it HURTS!

Miranda was just in here, after her morning graze. Suddenly she gives a really distressed cry - then another - I worry - her fur goes up - she cries more - she chucks up her morning graze, noisily and in evident discomfort. Then strolls away nonchalantly, and has now curled up happily and gone to sleep on Oscar.

Why subject herself to that EVERY morning? Only, I don't usually get to see so much of it, hence my alarm.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 08:27 pm
Grass eating gets rid of what hurts. What did Miranda eat before she grazed?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 08:48 pm
Miranda - as I said - does it every morning. On an empty tummy.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:22 pm
I feel so much better now that I have a place to talk about my kitties.....

We had a bit of a dilemna in this Irish household.

Lacey, for the most part, is a normal cat ~ she behaves like one ~ gets into everything, demands to be petted when she wants to be petted.....but she's mush, too ~ will take a petting whenever she can get it.

Paddy is a cat like no other I've ever come across. Until Lacey arrived, he didn't know how to jump and play.....now it's hard to keep him from jumping onto high places. And he is forever chasing Lacey, tackling her and basically giving her a hard time. (Paddy is declawed, Lacey is not ~ I believe this is what has kept both of them alive.)

Anyway.....Paddy's foodbowl is in a high traffic area of our home ~ if you're near it, Paddy will voice his opinion, very loudly, that you should stop what you're doing to sit down and 'help' him eat. He's not interested in eating at all.....but, for some reason, this is what he equates affection with. Sometimes he doesn't eat at all.....but will only accept lovin when he's in this special area.

So, Mom decided on an experiment. She moved Paddy's foodbowl into her room a few days ago.

Not only has Paddy thrown-up an unusual amount of food, he still cried loudly when we passed 'the spot' where his foodbowl used to be.

Paddy is neurotic ~ I'm convinced of this. He's not a normal cat.

So, his foodbowl is back where it was.....and we're back to appeasing him everytime we pass. Small price to pay.

If the cats are happy, the entire house is happy.

End of story.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:28 pm
Rae - what a wacky cat!

Ok, the shoot the cat story: my cat is diabetic, he needs shots of insulin. I've spent a lot of time and money keeping my little precious happy, I feel I'm due a little levity here and there.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:32 pm
Whacky cat, indeed, littlek, but we love him.

Honest ~ my first thought when I saw your 'shoot' comment was that you were going to give him his insulin shot. I know how much you love that cat.

Take all the levity you need ~ I commend you for being so dedicated to the furry creature.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:40 pm
Thanks Rae

I find it hard to believe that anyone here could think I meant to hurt him. Crikey! I like animals better than humans.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:42 pm
Of course, kudos to you all for caring!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:44 pm
Welcome, k.

Don't become too accustomed to dealing with the furry critters ~ you need to get out there and show the rest of the world what a lovely person you are!

That's it. No more lecturing for tonight at least..... :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:45 pm
Aw, Rae, I haven't been doing my mantras.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:48 pm
Alas.....I know. But I've been keeping you in my thoughts all the same.....hope you've been paying attention to the clues.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 10:51 pm
Rae, thanks for the vibage (does that word work in anyone else's mind but my own....?). I have not, I don't think, been paying attention. Maybe I'm just not in the right space, whatever that might mean.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 10:59 pm
Pay attention, littlek!

'Vibage' works for me too.....

Made of the stuff I send you, mentally.....

I think I would have been a better pick for the lead in 'Bruce Almighty' ~ they'd have had to change it to 'Rae Almighty'.....but, them's the breaks!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 12:04 am
er, rae - how about if you try moving the foodbowl an inch or two a week towards a more reasonable area - so the cat never really gets to realize?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 04:08 am
Good evening Cat People!

Nice to arrive back in the Cat Room & find so many FASCINATING catty stories to cheer my day. Very Happy (I've been indulging in hours of garden frenzy Mad Razz as a distraction from thoughts of returning to work - a new job - tomorrow. Shocked )

So it's nice to be comforted by cat stories - always a great diversion! - and avoid thinking about tomorrow a bit longer.

I like Deb's plan of all of us dressing up in cat suits & throwing that arch cat tormenter Mr Slappy, off a tall building! Twisted Evil Ready all?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 04:15 am
Right then! Twisted Evil

Get ready osso, roger, nextone, sumac, littlek, farmerman, Joanne, BoGoWo, LibertyD, Rae & Dlowan!!!!
We're gonna teach that Slappy a lesson! Twisted Evil (Tho maybe we're too dang nice to throw him off a building? BUT WE'LL think of something, Slappy! Doncha worry about that!)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 04:29 am
We're not that nice! I wanna see how Slappy lands! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 04:49 am
OK, margo!
I've got your cat suit ready! Laughing
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 07:34 am
There, I warned you slappy;
you are now in dire "cat straights"!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:09 am
Rae Paddy is just pointing out that he was there first and is top cat.

Ours were exactly the same - We had Timmy (a stray tuxedo cat and MINE) for 5 years before the girls brought Casey home .... a little fluffy long haired tortoiseshell scrap with terrible diarrhoea who had obviously been thrown out because of it.

Timmy was great with her most of the time but whenever they had a mad half hour playing it would always get a bit rough with him carrying on too roughly and her miaowing a pitiful (and very theatrical!) way for us to stop him - which of course we did. He never hurt her - just made his point that he was top cat.

Casey's personality was a real Marilyn Monroe flirt - she played people to get what she wanted. Timmy was more independent and a one person (me) cat. He was highly intelligent, could open doors and work things out - Casey was ... well .. dim is the only honest word! except that as she got everyone to do everything for her - maybe not so dim as my husband insists - she was his favourite.

If Casey was cuddled up with me on the sofa and Timmy walked in he would glare at her and she'd slide down of the sofa looking for all the world as though she was pretending ...her? sit with Vivien? ... no way ... just happened to be nearby ... honest ...

They both lived to 17/18.
0 Replies