The CAT room!

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 01:34 pm
lol

someone else told me you could tell i was saying something to the cat because the dog has an "uh roh" look to his face in the second pic. hahahahaha
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 01:00 am
Joahaeyo

You have a cat, too? Surprised Very Happy And one with a mind of its own, by the loook of it! Laughing Your home sounds like fun! Never a boring moment!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 04:48 am
Paddy has taken to watching David shave every morning with his feet on the edge of the basin and his face as close as he can get, watching. Then he sits in the wet washbasin after he finishes ?????weird cat Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 04:48 am
Paddy has taken to watching David shave every morning with his feet on the edge of the basin and his face as close as he can get, watching. Then he sits in the wet washbasin after he finishes ?????weird cat Rolling Eyes

Joaheyo don't they just love the silliest things?
0 Replies

kita

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 06:06 pm
Tell me though... does he have his own "bath" in the wet basin?

We had a cat when I was growing up that always used to get into the (empty) bath while it was still warm and have a good old wash. Someone said that the extra dampness helped the washing process ?!

I constantly have muddy footprints in the bath and basin 'cos nobody seems to believe that the water in the bowl is fresh... they have to see it coming out the tap with their own two eyes. One would swear I was trying to poison them. Odd! Plays havoc with your morning schedule: one in the basin, two queued up in the bath Laughing
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 06:47 pm
kita, lol

same here!!!

when i take a bath, i have to LOCK the door (we all know cats can open doors) because if I don't, someone JUMPS right in like they're some flying squirrel.

she doesn't get bothered by the bubbles OR see how warm/hot the water is. she just likes to get in and start paddling. get out. SPLASH right back in.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 07:17 pm
These stories are sooooooooooooo funny ... I haven't seen my cats jump into the tub and I doubt that Paddy would because he hates water. However, Lacey is a brave little critter, so she just might do it. I'm gonna have to try that one:)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 07:24 pm
I like your new avatar misti. how cute. Is that one yours?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 07:33 pm
No, that's just a cute avatar I found in the gallery.

Here are mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/PaddyLaceyavatar.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:32 pm
AWEEE!!! You should use that as your avatar!!! How precious.

I totally got my kitty by accident. I worked at the pound for more than a year and never brought home an animal ...but she just found her way into my life!!! At the time, I disliked cats and never wanted to own one ...esp. one that shed. I had "planned" on getting a La Perm (non shedding).

Anywho, everyone always says she's ugly. Laughing Laughing

I wish I had a pretty oreo one like yours!!

I think I want a ragdoll next!

for the record and before I start looking like this "animal girl" (haha) ...I don't plan on getting one until someone from our present home goes to pet-heaven. Smile
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:44 pm
Jo, thank you, I will try to get a photo of both of them together so that I can use it as my avatar. I think that one would be great if they weren't so far apart.

I also despised cats up until my Rae came to live with me, I actually got a cat for HER because she missed her cat when she left her ex husband. So I wanted nothing to do with this cat, it was going to be strictly hers ... ha ha, that lasted a few days until he found my heart and crawled right in.

How wonderful you worked at the pound, I would have to take every one of those kitties home if I worked there, but of course that's impossible.

I don't think there's an ugly cat on this planet. Can you post a picture of her, I would love to see her.

My little oreo is going to be leaving me next weekend to live with Rae in her new apartment. I am heartbroken about it because she is such a little lady, so delicate and so strong willed at the same time. She's as good as gold, you would not know she is around. We are going to have to have equal time in both homes so that the kitties don't grieve.
0 Replies

kita

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:47 pm
Er Joahaeyo,

Are we talking a CAT here???? If you are I'm very suprised.
Mine don't do the mad spring into the bath anymore one accidental dunk each sorted that out. EXTREMELY UNIMPRESSED. And I then had to go and persuade a completely mortified soul that she really wanted to come out from under the furniture, and have insult added to injury by being rubbed up the wrong way by a towel. It's really hard not to laugh at times like these.

I get very choice words if I dare close the door - not that they want to be inside mind you, they just want to make sure you're not doing anything interesting without them
Laughing
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:50 pm
Misti26, check your PM. I just sent you a link to her page! Smile

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who fell in love "by chance" by something that at times was just the spawn of my headaches. lol (referring to my old roommate's 2 cats)

I'm sorry I am behind, but is Rae your daughter? I am sad to hear you are losing one, but that's so warm of you to do! I'm a tad too selfish when it comes to my kids. hahaha So you get to keep the other pretty orange one?

Are you going to get another one!!! hehe
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:04 pm
kita, howdy!

when i mention this to other people, they usually have similar stories.

it all started when she was a kitten and would watch me shower. Embarrassed

she was always curious and would sit on the ledge while kneading on the shower curtain. after several months, she would peak her head in AND THEN climb in towards the back where she wasn't getting wet. i always talked to her softly b/c I thought it was so cute.

pretty soon, i never went into the shower w/o her in the bathroom with me.

...but one day, she just started to bathe herself with me. ...not completely in the water of course! just kept her legs soaked.

when i started to take baths, she would JUMP on my shoulder as if I were some island. ...and then one day she got down to my knees, and the rest was history!!! I keep her out now. I don't like her being near bubble bath since I can never tell what will irritate a cat's skin. Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:12 pm
My Rosie sits in the bathroom and waits for me to get out of the shower, then licks the water drops off my legs if I let her. Then she gets in the shower and licks the water drops off the shower door.

We have to leave the faucet dripping in the whirlpool tub for her and Buster. They're typical cats, just like yours, kita. It's natural instinct...in the real world, running water is always fresher than still water.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:22 pm
My cat Spanky also loves to jump in the tub after someone has showered. When he was younger, he loved to sit on the edge of the tub and watch my young granddaughter get her bath.

Speaking of washing...if you're computer screen is a bit smudged or dusty, here is a screen cleaner for all cat lovers Smile

http://screenclean.j1media.com/lick.html
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:27 pm
Jo, yes, Rae is my daughter and she has lived with me for 3 years now.

I am a little worried about Lacey moving because she loves being out on the screened porch and Rae's new apartment doesn't have one.

I will just have to bring her home every other weekend, that's all!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 05:22 pm
Mikey likes to sit on the tub between the shower curtain and the shower curtain liner and bat at me while I shower. And he only drinks running water. I finally stopped putting out a bowl. No point. Several years ago I bought a fountain for him. Running water all the time. Can't fool a cat. He drank from it only when the water was fresh. Then back to the sink.

Miranda (late and lamented) used to like to splash around in an inch or so of bath water as the tub was emptying.

Dese cats is weird.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:46 pm
Mikey has his own, personal fountain! Surprised

Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:21 pm
Had a fountain, msolga. Mikey had his own personal fountain. It wasn't worth the trouble. Filters, major cleaning. For what? Two sips? I got rid of the fountain. Now he's got the bathroom sink and a personal servant to turn it on at his bidding.

When did I ever have the idea that HE was MY pet? Not lately, that's for sure. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies