The CAT room!

Roberta

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:38 am
Margo, I used to go to the US Open. Got corporate seats way up front. Then the seats got moved way up top. I'd rather watch on tv. Can't see much of anything from the bleachers.

I watched the Williams/Sharapova match. Whew.

Vivien, Paddy sounds like Mikey. Not gonna let a little thing like glass stand in his way. LOL.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:55 am
Roberta

One of my cats (Rats) used to REALLY enjoy the tennis. He's sit really close to the television screen, his little head moving from left to right, left to right, along with the action on court.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:33 pm
msolga, Ha. That's wonderful. A tennis fan. And unlike Mikey, he never once tried to jump through the screen to get at the ball.

Congrats on having a Aussie in the finals. I know it's been a while. Good luck to the guy from Oz.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:26 pm
Roberta wrote:
msolga, Ha. That's wonderful. A tennis fan. And unlike Mikey, he never once tried to jump through the screen to get at the ball......

<sigh> He was wonderful in many, many ways, Roberta! One of the funniest & most "interactive" cats I've ever had the good fortune to know. Still miss him. Sad
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:37 pm
This is one of those nights ... the kitties are soooooooooooooo cute, I just had to get the camera out.

Now Paddy is waiting for Rae to come home, he sits between me and her room, and watches the front door. Is he a cat or dog?

Lacey is out supervising the lawn watering on the porch, and waiting for her friend the bunny to come along! She can see that bunny when he's over in the pool area and she's in the living room with all the doors closed! Unbelieveable!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:43 pm
Just purrrrrrrrrrrrrfect, Misti! Laughing
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:37 pm
Things are getting better between my old girl, Tabitha (the crabby cat), and my new girl, Sally.

They can finally be in the same room without constant hissy fits and cat fights! About time -- Sally has been with us for four months now. We're making progress! Whew!

A few nights ago, I had all three of my girls curled up with me on the couch. All goes well so long as Sally can resist the temptation to swat at crabby cat's swaying tail. LOL
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 07:52 am
that's good - do you tell new one off for bothering her? she'll feel better if she knows you are on her side. Very Happy

we had a very very rocky ride in the early days with Rosie and Paddy but they are now really good together. they play and wrestle nicely - he occasionally annoys her - like the bopping of the tail when she isn't in a mood to play but he now learns to give up and go and amuse himself because lots of the time she will play and they fly around the house, up and down the stairs, in and out of the garden like something demented! He has on a couple of occasions managed to snuggle up near her without her moving away. I found the water pistol, advised by several here. really useful in the early days when she was frightened of him and he wouldn't let up.

Any photos?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:26 am
Vivien, You asked a few days ago if there had been any untoward Mikey incidents lately. I reported that there hadn't. I spoke too soon. Last night as I was lying in bed trying to sleep, Mikey got mad. Why? Who knows. He started gnawing at me trying to attack me through the thick quilt. I chased him out of the room, shut the door, and moved a heavy carton filled with papers in front of the door. That should do it, I said to myself.

Woke up to find Mikey at the foot of the bed. Yes, he opened the door, which he's done before. That's why I put the carton there. Next time, two cartons.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:30 am
How does he do it, Roberta? Throw himself against the door?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 08:43 am
oh dear!

Visions of Roberta waking up with a leg missing .... Mikey gnawing in the corner! He's amazing!

I got up yesterday morning ..... bleary eyed and sleepy .... stumble to bathroom .... what's in the sink? Paddy - curled up in a ball, fast asleep!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 09:43 am
My thanks to all of you for your advice about the gassy little kittens. Late, as usual, but sincerely meant.

My son knows not to give them milk but I'll have to check with him about too rich food. It sounds so funny, gassy kitties, but I'm sure it isn't comfortable for them.

Roberta, I'd be willing to bet that Mikey would be able to move a large TV out of the way in order to be with you. There are muscles under that pretty coat that should belong to a panther.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:03 pm
One day last week I came home for lunch, and Paddy met me at the door but no Lacey. I called for her as I searched every room, no sign. I passed the love seat on my way out to the porch, and heard a little muffled meow, still no sign of her. I threw the pillows off the couch, and as I did I heard some very delicate scratching. Not there either. I had a gut feeling she was somewhere in that love seat. I turned it over, upside down, and here comes two little white paws ... she had somehow got under the couch and climbed up through the springs!

Don't know how she did that because there's very little room to work with under the couch.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:27 am
msolga, As best I can tell, Mikey pushes. No hurling. I would HEAR hurling. His entry into the room is always silent.

Diane, He's strong. Let's not forget, he once moved the couch (sofa bed) to get at one of his toys.

Vivien, So Paddy likes the sink too. Used to be one of Mikey's favorite places for a nap. Now he has trouble fitting. Doesn't stop him, though. But there's usually some large part of him sticking out.

Misti, Cats don't need much room. Just interest in getting somewhere. What gets into their heads that makes them think that up inside the couch is a good place to be? We'll never know.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:50 pm
Roberta, you're so right! Lacey is very petite anyway and can climb into the smalles places!

Paddy on the other hand is such a coward, he would rather stay where it's safe.

They are as different as day and night.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 09:31 am
Misti: lovely visual of Lacey's little paws appearing from the depths of the furniture Very Happy

Roberta: Mikey too? what an uncomfortable cold place to choose to sleep! Rolling Eyes if it was summer I'd understand it - the coolness might feel nice - but this is a cat who loves to sleep right up to the radiators.

Rosie's favourite place is on top of clean washing - covering it in cat hairs
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:38 am
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jackaram/assets/images/run.gif
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:16 pm
Melbourne is a mad place, weather-wise. It's famous for it! So last night, when the temperature dropped from 36 C to around 17 C, our Flatty reverted to winter mode!: insisting on sitting on my lap all night, hovering under the bed covers, even! So that display of what I thought was new found independence was just a reaction to a heat wave? :wink:
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:21 pm
Funny think about cats, they're always full of surprises!

Two nights in a row I came home to find Paddy not greeting me at the door, but hiding behind my bed, and no amount of coaxing would bring him out.

So what's that all about?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:23 pm
Maybe not, msolga. Sometimes they just get to feeling insecure, or so it seems. It can affect all three of my guys at the same time, which is a little weird in Spooky, who has never been what you would call affectionate.
0 Replies