The CAT room!

Vivien

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:20 pm
30degrees? I'd die! do you have air conditioning? I really can't stand the heat.

Having said that - it is COLD here - too cold - even the cats haven't ventured out today.

Mikey looks to be glowing with health, from all this good food, in his photos - no biting lately?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:44 pm
It got even hotter than that yesterday, Vivien - 37 C. But humans & cats get used to it! We're tough! :wink: And I don't really need air conditioning (though I have it installed) ... living in an old brick cottage with high ceilings seems to do the trick. I just hate it when it gets stuffy, on really hot days when I'm forced to shut all the doors & windows. I think I actually prefer the heat!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:07 pm
I agree msolga, there's just nothing like having all the windows and doors open and a lovely breeze blowing through.

Even the kitties love the fresh air:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/PaddyLaceyDoorway_edited.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:10 pm
What a lovely shot, Misti! Very Happy Are these your two preciouses?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:30 pm
msolga, they sure are ... aren't they delightful? I get such a kick out of them watching the birds and even chatting to them!

I'm also getting worried cuz I'm starting to understand what they're saying:)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:36 pm
Very Happy That really is a great shot, Misti. You're an artist! Very Happy
You know, Tartarin sent me a similar "indoor cat watching the birds" shot quite a long time ago. Yours reminded me of her.

So You can take the outdoors away from the cat, but never totally remove the hunt from his little mind!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:41 pm
That is very true m'dear, they are always the hunters and actually at times I feel sorry for them because they want to get out and hunt, until I remember all the diseases they can catch outdoors.

Whatever happened to Tartarian? I always thought she was Ceili, no?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:43 pm
No, not so. Apparently she moved on after tiring of the political threads. She has a site of her own now. She REALLY loved her animals, that one! Very Happy
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:57 pm
Hi cat lovers! My son has two little kittens who both have gas. I've never known a cat to have gas problems; infact, I don't think I've ever heard a cat fart. Do any of you have any ideas as to what it might be? He and his girlfriend feed them good food. We all are at a loss.

Misti, love that picture. I have one similar of one of our old dogs. Wistful and poignant and beautiful. Did they survive our visit and Sally's lively little self? I hope so. Loved seeing you and Rae and your sister and brother-in-law.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 10:00 pm
Diane

Do you know if you son's cats drink milk? That can upset their stomaches & isn't recommended.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 10:07 pm
I've heard too that milk is not good for cats. Mine drink only water.

Diane, too bad you didn't get to see Paddy and Lacey ... they hightailed it as soon as they saw Sally walk across the parking lot and Fred in the living room swearing up a storm ... the kitties were no where to be seen after that!

How was your trip home Diane?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 10:11 pm
Fred is a swearer? Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:15 am
Diane, I agree that the problem might be milk.

Vivien, No recent biting. This is the longest stretch I've gone without a major "incident" with the monster cat. Gee, I hope he's not sick.

Misti, Gorgeous photo. Thanks.

msolga, I was watching the tennis. Tres hot. We've got single digit temps and more snow coming. BTW, I don't do single digits. Or triple. (This means that I don't go out when it's very cold or very hot.) Too cold is not good for my health. Too hot--I just plain don't like. You're amazing to not have the AC on 24/7. Must be something in your genes.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:43 am
are the gassy kittens eating kitten food or adult food? could be the food is too rich? I agree it could be the milk - you can get kitten milk in cartons

Mikey must be mellowing!

msolga I'd die in those temperatures - I agree with Roberta - I don't do single or triple figures either, what a lovely economical way of expressing it Very Happy Hope Flatty is still doing well

Misti - lovely picture - the excitement and interest in ornithology Twisted Evil

I've got some peanuts hanging just outside the living room window for the birds and every so often there's a bang as Paddy hits the window in a flying dive
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 05:05 am
<clunk!>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 05:14 am
That was paddy colliding with the window! Razz

Flatty is still doing fine. (touch wood!) It must be those extra green pills the vet gave me. I think he's going to be on one form of medication or other for most of his life. Boy, is he lucky he's got me! He'd probably be long gone with a "normal" owner!

It really does stay quite comfortable inside my little house during the day, Roberta & Vivian. The nights can be a bit of a bugger, though. Tonight is sticky! It feels rather like a scene from that film, In the Heat of the Night! But, being a summer girl, I can cope!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:03 am
[walks into the room with a rolled up newspaper. Here kitty kitty. Where is everyone?]
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:53 am
Hiss!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:31 pm
Yep - dem nights watching the tennis have been amazing! But bloody humid in Sydney (although not so hot as Melbourne). People who have no interest in tennis usually have been up to the small hours watching, everyone's talking about it, - and another biggie tonight - Hewitt vs Roddick. Unbelievable match last night - Safin vs Federer.

Next year I'm gunna be there!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:54 pm
A gal with a plan ~ you go girl!
0 Replies