The CAT room!

roger

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 09:36 pm
Barney doens't always behave, but he's always friendly. Nermal never behaves, but he's always funny. Spook usually behaves, but he's always, well, here.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 09:48 pm
Roger, you mentioned 3 cats ... didn't you have 4?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 10:52 am
lovely photos! is that a yawn from Lacey or a clear-0ff- I'm-comfortable-here ?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 02:08 pm
A super soaker for really, really bad kittys.

http://gprime.net/video.php/supersoakerflamethrower
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:31 pm
Viv., I think the yawn was a little of both ... "get out of my space" or "leave me alone, I'm tired"!

Either way, Lacey likes her very own space:)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:06 am
Misti, Gorgeous! Thanks for posting the photos.

Msolga, An underwear ad? What's this woild coming to? Is Flattie still banging his head on the side of the food bowl? Hey, Flat Cat. Cut that out!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 07:00 am
He seems not quite so enthusiastic about the head banging at the moment, Roberta. Laziness & warm weather, I think. The point of the exercise is to tell me that he's really, really excited at the prospect of dinner. He only does it as I prepare the food. Silly critter! Laughing
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 08:18 am
enthusiasm is good Very Happy Rosie is inclined to look at the offering, look at you, flick the tail and walk away Rolling Eyes

current learning curve: what she doesn't eat the little black gannet will!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 08:20 am
A handy little black waste disposal unit, Vivien? Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:52 pm
Panzade, I love your new avatar!
Especially the little flick in the tail & that serious blink!
I know that cat! Laughing
.. reminds me so much of my Rats, now in critter heaven. Very Happy

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/122260946041ed3aa21adc0.gif

Is this your very own moggy?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:33 am
The bad news: Flatty's snuffles have returned. Back to the vet today! Sad

The good news (for him): Poached chicken for dinner tonight! What a happy cat! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:18 pm
oh dear ... fingers crossed for Flatty.

Will he ever go back on to cat food! I find with our cats that once they get a taste for the better stuff they refuse anything less! (except the little black waste disposal unit!)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:01 pm
Our Lacey is a mooch, she eats table food and cat food too, but to look at her you would think a soft wind would blow her away!

Paddy on the other hand will eat nothing but cat food!

He still isn't a lap cat either, and I wonder if he ever will be. He shows his affections in other ways though.

Lacey isn't a lap cat either, except if I'm in the prone position, then she loves to lay on my legs!

Ah, feline mysteries:)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:16 pm
Vivien wrote:
oh dear ... fingers crossed for Flatty.

Will he ever go back on to cat food! I find with our cats that once they get a taste for the better stuff they refuse anything less! (except the little black waste disposal unit!)

He's been sleeping all morning, Vivien, not remotely interested in eating anything! It's hot, hot, hot today! And will remain so for a few days yet. Pussycats just wanna hibernate! Cool

He's very "difficult" about his tinned food: the little tins of "oven roasted prawns with berry jus & green vegetables", the shredded chicken, egg & vegetables .... All of which are exorbitantly priced! Evil or Very Mad Give him poached chicken any day! Laughing His favourite! And when he gets unwell (again) I tend to cave in & let him have his way, poor little thing. Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:23 pm
Misti26 wrote:
Our Lacey is a mooch, she eats table food and cat food too, but to look at her you would think a soft wind would blow her away!

Paddy on the other hand will eat nothing but cat food!

He still isn't a lap cat either, and I wonder if he ever will be. He shows his affections in other ways though.

Lacey isn't a lap cat either, except if I'm in the prone position, then she loves to lay on my legs!

Ah, feline mysteries:)

Laughing

These cats & their finicky, picky eating habit, Misti! Evil or Very Mad Perhaps we should feed them dog food Shocked for a week & see if that does the trick! :wink:
Nah, too cruel, too cruel .... Laughing

Anyway, whatever they are eating, they are pictures of health & beauty.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 05:30 pm
msolga, Oy re Flattie. How's he doing? Poor little guy. Heat and the sniffles. Poached chicken!? He's eating better than I am. When my late lamented Miranda was sick, I poached some chicken for her. She ate what she could.

Mikey's eating habits. Another story. He likes all manner of meat, poultry, and fish. Catfood or human food. He likes cheese, eggs, butter, sour cream, milk, cream cheese. He likes rye bread, cinnamon Danish, lettuce, asparagus tips (and spears), peas. Hmmm. Maybe it would be easier and faster to list what he doesn't like.

Chocolate. Watermelon. Pizza.

It's nice having a cat who's not a picky eater.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 07:08 pm
Roberta

Flatty's fine at the moment. He's taken refuge under my desk & looks like being there for quite some time. High 30s C (over 100 F) expected today! Shocked So today will be a big sleep - cats are smart!
The vet gave him an extra, new drug & that appears to have stopped the sneezing. That's a relief - it's terrible when it gets out of hand, poor little thing.

Mikey has very good taste in cat cuisine! Amazing! Surprised Asparagus tips, cinnamon Danish, peas! That beats having to always buy those expensive little tins of fancy stuff, which they'll then turn their noses at!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:53 am
glad to hear Flatty is doing well Very Happy

Casey used to go absolutely mad for rhubarb crumble and custard and Rosie loves the cheap cheap supermarket scones that himself buys for the birds - she races in with pieces and devours every crumb Rolling Eyes

My parents cat adored toffee!

Rosie loved chocolate as a baby but after finding out how poisonous it is to cats I don't give her any. She still looks wistful if I have any!

Mikey is certainly no problem to feed!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 06:16 am
Vivien

Thanks, Vivien, he's mooching outside on the back verandah, mesmerized by the wind, which is building & building ..... Big storm coming! Very Happy

It must be very hard for you & himself to indulge in tasty little indulgences, what with all those beady little always eyes watching & waiting & wondering: "Where's ours?" Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 01:39 pm
msolga, Elated to hear that the Flat cat is doing better. No snuffles. Good news.

Vivien, Glad that Rosie survived eating chocolate.

Mikey turns up his nose at nothing (except the above). Finicky is not in his vocabulary. I buy him good brands of cat food, because they're healthy (at least theoretically), but I suspect that the monster would eat anything. And in great quantities.
0 Replies