Vivien

We await the Rosie exhibition! Very Happy

What a delightful little thing she is! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:53 am
jp

Welcome to the Cat Room! I see you are one of US! Very Happy

I must say Max-a-million and Moodswing swing are an extremely handsome & healthy looking pair! Do tell us more about them! I'm sure there are many, many tales to tell.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 01:10 pm
jp they are lovely - and i like the names Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 03:53 pm
jp, Welcome. And they are gorgeous.

Mikey with his new-found cold weather energy: I've always been safe under the covers. If Mikey seems especially "frisky," I make a point of keeping all but my head under the covers. (He never attacks my face.) He was "frisky." I was under the covers feeling safe. Hahahaha. What fools these humans be. Next thing I know, Mikey is biting down hard on the covers, with my body parts underneath. Gnawing, in fact. Major effort. No skin broken, but is nothing sacred? Can't a goil get some sleep?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:56 pm
"Can't a goil get some sleep?"

Obviously not, Roberta! I think you're going to turn up the heating in your apartment & confuse the enemy! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 03:52 am
Sleep? Now let me think about that... No! Not with two cats sharing your bedroom. I know, I know, it's my own fault. We spoiled them and still are spoiling them. Ah, but they are sooo cute!

Vivien, I love the Rosie picture!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 06:17 am
urs53 wrote:
... Ah, but they are sooo cute!

Very Happy

Frankly, urs, I think a home without at least one cat is seriously missing something! Laughing Wouldn't THAT be a strange way to live? :wink:
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:11 am
Roberta how old is Mikey? (oh how well I know about the fangs through the duvet Evil or Very Mad - it is just my toes that she attacks though).

I thought she'd calm down as she grew older but no chance - there are just 2 settings - flaked out or hyper. Mikey is older and still hyper, so hope is fading about any change .... mind you, I don't suppose we'd change her anyway, even if i do tell her that we're taking her back for a refund
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 01:50 pm
Msolga, you are so right! We got our two sweeties four years ago. How could I ever live without them? And I am still very thankful that BigDice wanted a cat - or even better, two cats.

However, it was kinda nice to come back from vacation and the place looked like we left it. Now when we come home the first thing is to get out the vacuum cleaner - no matter how tired we are... But then there is our neighbour who tells us how sweet they were and what a good time she had with Nisse and Mysan...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:10 pm
Vivien, Mikey is pushing eleven. I'm still waiting for him to calm down. Sigh. Don't know what I'd do without him. I love the big lug.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:06 am
msolga wrote:
jp

Welcome to the Cat Room! I see you are one of US! Very Happy

I must say Max-a-million and Moodswing swing are an extremely handsome & healthy looking pair! Do tell us more about them! I'm sure there are many, many tales to tell.

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

Max and Swing are brother and sister. I rescued them from the Waupaca Animal Shelter which had named them Bonnie and Clyde.

I was attending school in Milwaukee at the time and my girlfriend was in Rockford Illinois. She would come up to Milwaukee see me almost every weekend. The problem was I worked nights so from the time she got there Friday night to the time I got home from work she would be by herself... Usually around 4-5 hours.

We were getting real serious and I had decided to propose to her. I felt bad about her spending time alone while I was at work so I decided to get A cat as an engagement present to keep her company. But I found these two on the Waupaca website and just knew that these two were perfect. So I drove about 2-3 hours to Waupaca in the middle of a snow storm to fill out the application for adoption and also picked up a picture of the two cats.

Next weekend when she came up to visit me I showed her the picture of them and said "I am adopting these two cats to keep you company while I am at work." Then I got down on one knee and said "And I would like to offer you companionship for the rest of your life as well... Will you marry me?"

She said yes and we have been a happy little family ever since. Max is quite loyal to the Mrs (but is willing to lay on ANY lap that will provide petting) while Moodswing just isn't happy until she can lay on my lap. It works out qute nice.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 04:16 pm
Roberta wrote:
Sigh. Don't know what I'd do without him. I love the big lug.

we'd noticed - just a bit! he is lovely and with a character like that it's inevitable Very Happy

jp - how romantic - himself doesn't have a romantic bone in his body!

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11568/normal_for%20emailSKETCHES%20of%20rosie%20004.jpg

this is the 2nd in the paper bag series - her eyes have gone almond shaped rather than the big round owly eyes she has when she naughty and her whiskers aren't bristling with mischief - she fell asleep in the bag a couple of minutes later.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:20 pm
jp

What a delightful story! I loved it. Very Happy So you tied the knot & acquired an instant family all in one go! And everyone lived happily ever after! Wow! Very Happy Very Happy Max & Moodswing are FAR superior names to those chosen by the shelter, too. As you can see from the stories here, life is not complete & a home is not a home without at least one feline. :wink:
Check out urs' endorsement :

Msolga, you are so right! We got our two sweeties four years ago. How could I ever live without them? And I am still very thankful that BigDice wanted a cat - or even better, two cats.

And Roberta's:

Sigh. Don't know what I'd do without him. I love the big lug.

And Vivien's beautiful "homage to Rosie" drawings!

We are all addicted!
You are in good company here!
Ah, the fools who don't understand & live cat-less lives!Laughing
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:38 pm
msolga wrote:

Ah, the fools who don't understand & live cat-less lives!Laughing

Amen! They bring so much pleasure and entertainment to our lives. I've had many cats before but these two are really special... It's nice to have somebody greet you at the door every night when you come home from work... so much better than fish Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:48 pm
Yes! Laughing Cat kisses are so much nicer than fish kisses, jp!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 12:51 am
Now let's not be casting aspersions on fish. I'm sure that they'd get out of the tank and greet you if they could. Mobility is limited when you're contained in glass. And when you drown in air.

Maybe you should consider getting mud skippers--African fish. When the water dries up, they haul ass on land and wriggle their way to another watering hole. Cute as the dickens.

I'm sure that Mikey would like them. He's licking his chops as I type.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 02:59 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 04:11 am
amazing artistic ability!!!
Vivien wrote:

I did a couple of drawings of Rosie . . .

Beautiful drawings! I suddenly had a huge ache in my heart when I saw them because the drawings reminded me of LoverBoy. Gosh. I miss my boy. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. You have an amazing artistic talent.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 06:36 pm
I agree. Vivien, the drawing is magnifique.

Olga, where's the rest of you, avatarially speaking?
0 Replies