The CAT room!

Vivien

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:59 am
Lovely! what an intelligent cat to dry the sink first Very Happy

Rosie went through a stage of being fascinated by water trickling down the plughole and could be kept out of trouble by leaving her to watch the water, with the tap on slow, occasionally dabbing her paw to catch it.

She seemed to understand the effect of dabbing her paw in the stream of water from the tap - she'd do thar, without looking, whilst watching the plughole, seeing the changing speed and flow of water.

Rosie had a cuddly moment as i was getting ready to go out this morning, so i made 10 minutes for her (she likes to flake out and stay for hours) and then snuggled her up on the chair - ungrateful minx - you aren't supposed to stop cuddling her until she says - so she nipped me to show me she was not happy with the service.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:30 am
Vivien, You're the very first person to call Mikey intelligent. I'll let him know. He'll probably be as surprised as I am.

Rosie and Mikey both like watching water go down the drain. Mikey will drink only from running water. Sometimes he sticks his head under the faucet, but, more often, he wets one of his giant paws and then licks the water off.

Rosie has good cat attitude. Stop and start when it suits her. She's a credit to her species.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 12:51 pm
Nisse and Mysan love running water, too. They sit in the bathtub and wait for us to turn the water on just a little bit. Then Nisse drinks directly from the faucet and Mysan laps the water up from the bottom of the bathtub.

A couple of days ago I took a nice hot bath with some Ayurveda bath salt - relaxing and grounding, I believe it was. Anyway, it was pink. Nisse jumped up on the tub, dipped his paw in the water, tasted it, thought it was good and started to drink... It seemed to relax him, too...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 05:43 am
Roberta wrote:
Mikey update: When I brought all my mother's things to my apartment, one of the things included my grandmother's white silk wing chair, which I placed in my bedroom. Mikey never went near it. The other night I went into the bedroom to get something, and there was Mikey relaxing in the chair. His white coat against the white silk with his tabby spots and green eyes jumping out of the picture all looked so beautiful that I actually teared up. A non-Mikey moment.

Earlier tonight he reverted to type. He made off with the microphone from my computer. He was last seen carrying it his mouth and dragging the wire lionlike between his legs. I don't know where it is. Maybe he secretly yens to try some karaoke, and he'll practice when I'm out.

Roberta

A magical Mikey moment & a mischievous one! He is so versatile! Very Happy
Did you ever find the microphone? Where was it? What's your theory?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 06:36 am
Hi Olga, The microphone reappeared a few days later in the middle of the living room floor. I don't know where it was. I'm glad it's back.

Last night Mikey got into a major battle. . . with a roll of paper towels. He won. There's paper everywhere! Whenever this happens (a few times), I laugh and laugh. What a nut.

How's the flat cat doing?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 07:15 am
BOIDA!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 07:25 am
DEB!!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 07:27 am
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS!!!))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:49 pm
Right back atcha--
((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 05:06 am
Roberta wrote:
Last night Mikey got into a major battle. . . with a roll of paper towels. He won. There's paper everywhere! Whenever this happens (a few times), I laugh and laugh. What a nut.

Laughing He's just bored & neglected, Roberta. He needs more educational toys! Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 05:11 am
How's Flatty, you ask, Roberta? Very, very low key. It's darkest winter, so he can be found in one of 3 places: my bed, the couch, or an old cane chair on the back verandah when it's warmish. He is very boring in winter! Rolling Eyes It's amazing how many hours a day cats can sleep! What's the good of them? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 07:43 am
Olga, I'm sorry to hear that Flattie isn't faring well in the winter. Mikey perks up in cold weather, as do I.

Querida, if Mikey had any more toys, educational and/or otherwise, I'd have to get him his own apartment. He just finds paper towel rolls offensive in some way. What can I tell ya?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:02 am
Laughing Mikey in his own apartment! I love it, Roberta!
I'd love to SEE him demolishing the paper rolls ... Crazy boy! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:18 am
Roberta

Flatty DOES occaisionally yawn, stretch & get up .... then proceeds to make a helluva lot of noise as he looks around for me... then has a feed, demands many pats ... then goes right back to sleep! I think he's enjoying himself! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 12:09 pm
why the name Flatty msolga? is there a story to it?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 12:31 am
Vivien

During one of a number of "separations" with my ex. he lived in a block of flats. Into his life walked a mangey tuxedo cat ... sick, neglected & apparently unloved. Flat Cat! My ex. adopted the poor critter, but guess who ended up living with him? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 12:37 pm
aaah! Timmy was a tuxedo cat, they are beautiful aren't they? (never heard the term tuxedo cat until a2k but it is so apt)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:50 pm
Olga, I had no idea that Flattie got his name that way. Good thing you don't live in the US. He'd be called Apartment.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:54 pm
MSOLGA;
How do I send a cat photo ?

Joe Harris
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 06:05 pm
Vivien wrote:
aaah! Timmy was a tuxedo cat, they are beautiful aren't they? (never heard the term tuxedo cat until a2k but it is so apt)

Yes, they ARE beautiful .... but then, so are tabbies, grey cats, black cats, white cats, Burmese, rag doll cats, etc., etc .... It's amazing how ALL of them manage to be so fetching, yes? Laughing
0 Replies