The CAT room!

urs53

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:07 am
As far as I remember, it cost about 50 Euros per cat and I think that's worth it. I don't believe that that's the real reason. I think she is also a little scared of having it done now that Schira is an adult cat and my friend had time to think about it more.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 08:07 pm
Vivien wrote:
I have muesli for breakfast and Rosie loves to have the last bit of milk and whatever bits are left - strange animal. I have to fight her off some days to be allowed to finish MY share in peace Rolling Eyes

Possum does exactly that! If I'm not forthcoming, on demand, then he's trying to get his head into the bowl I'm eating from! - But yet - he seldom drinks milk on its own. Confused
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 09:41 pm
No worse than around here, urs, and maybe a bit lower.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:46 pm
Vivien and Margo, that's just what Nisse used to do... But now I am making my muesli with water und heat it before eating. He doesn't like that.

Yes, Roger, I don't think that is so terribly expensive. It can't be the real reason for not getting Schira fixed.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:36 pm
Margo it's good to know someone else has to keep their cats bullet head out of their muesli bowl! and Urs - how could you! using water instead of milk and depriving your cats Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:09 pm
I just dropped Paddy off at Rae's house a couple of hours ago, I'm crying like a big baby since, poor little fella! He loves Rae so I know he'll be okay:)

My sis and I are flying to Dublin tomorrow to see my brother and sisters. My brother has Renal Cell carcinoma and is two weeks short of completing his treatments, so hopefully he will have some good days while we're there. Tom is only 51 years young, has 4 children and 3 grandchildren who adore him.

Please keep him in your prayers:)

Will check in when I return in two or three weeks. Meantime take good care and procreate:)
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 11:22 am
Misti, take good care of yourself!

Vivien, I know I'm bad... Nisse keeps telling me... :-)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 05:15 am
Laughing

ours both tell me how bad I am when I pick them up when they don't want Rolling Eyes <what language!> and Paddy is certain I'm not very bright as he has to jump up on my chair and tell me 6 times to get up and open the door for him when he wants to go out - it's the only way I get a cuddle from him! Twisted Evil

Misti I hope all works out well for you and the family.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:43 pm
Take good care, Misti. You know that Rae will take excellent care of Paddy!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:32 pm
My thoughts are with you Misti.

Meusli? Don't eat it. Mikey gets the milk at the bottom of the bowl when I have my Honey Nut Cheerios or my Special K.

And he gets the milk at the top of the glass when I have my pre-sleep cookies and milk. He doesn't get any cookies. But he will have a bite or two of a breakfast blueberry muffin.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:52 pm
You're treating Mikey very cruelly, indeed, Roberta! Shame on you! :wink:
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:53 am
Very Happy

indeed you are

more Mikey stories? please?

Paddy was nowhere in sight when we went to bed last night - himself called and called and worried and worried

- this morning he uncurled from his nest in the bedroom and got up with himself for breakfast. He'd been in the whole time Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 05:00 am
Vivien wrote:
Paddy was nowhere in sight when we went to bed last night - himself called and called and worried and worried

- this morning he uncurled from his nest in the bedroom and got up with himself for breakfast. He'd been in the whole time Evil or Very Mad

Hmmmm .. I think your Paddy has been having long distance phone conversations with my Flatty, Vivien! He's been doing the exactly same thing! But I finally (after 3 nights!) discovered his secret possie, behind the couch! Evil or Very Mad But why the hell don't they respond when you call them? Do you think it secretly amuses them to confuse & worry us?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 06:30 am
Good Morning All!

Sorry to break in, but I've got a question.

My older cat Jezebel, 13 seems to have picked up a cold from Roland, who about 4 months old. We've had Roland oh, maybe a month and a half.

We knew about the URI risk, and Rolands been to the vet, and is going back in a few days for his 2nd set of shots.

He's occassionally sneezing, but of course that doesn't stop him from tearing around the house Very Happy (they are both strictly indoor cats)

Anyway, Jeezer seems to be feeling a little better. Yesterday her tail was up and she ate.

However, yesterday and the day before, sometimes she'd start to cough, and we would gently "thump" her back and it would help her try to bring something up.

Sounds like she's trying to produce a hair ball, but so far nothing has come up.

It's early right now 6:30. When I got up at 5:00 Jeezer seems like she was feeling kinda sh*tty, but, don't we all feel bad first thing in the morning when we have a cold?

Now, she's walking around, tail level, some coughing when she first got up, none for the last hour or so.

Any suggestions?
Serious?
Vet?

If it was a person, I'd give her some hot tea to help bring it up.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:39 pm
It's a strange time (of a week day) for me to be posting here. A little after 8 am, St Valentine's Day. I've had to take the morning (possibly the whole day) off work to take Flatty to the vet. Poor Flats! Some time over-night something happened. Now, this morning, he is recuperating on my bed as I wait till it's the right time to get him to the vet. I'm not sure what actually has happened. All I know is that he's dragging one of his back legs, so obviously he's been in some accident, or something else has happened. I don't think he could walk at the moment.

Strange, sometime around midnight, I guess, I awoke & thought I heard him yowl & vaguely thought "Something's wrong." But I must have gone straight back to sleep, thinking I was dreaming, or something .... He often 'talks' in the night, from various places in the house, so I thought I thought that's what he was up to, I guess. This morning I woke at 6 am & noticed he wasn't in his usual spot (on the bed) & felt certain something was wrong. No Flatty inside, or in the back yard (not that he's ever there, first thing in the morning. So I investigated the front yard. Nothing. <gulp> Then called him. Somewhere, from quite a way away, I could hear his distinctive meow/yowl response. "Over here!" So, off I went, down the street (in my pyjamas, still). I eventually tracked him down (he's quite noisy & obviously was obviously very keen to be found!) to the front yard of a house about 5 down from me. Under a bush & making lots of racket, so I could locate him. Poor little possum, obviously something had happened to one of his back legs, as he tried to stand, but couldn't. So, I picked him up & brought him home. Well, there aren't any visible wounds, no blood, nor furr missing, but something's not right. He seems quite alert & wanted water, but can't stand up. (Hit by a car? Kicked?)
So now I'm just waiting for the vet's surgery to open. Every now & then he meows for attention. I go in & talk to him & give him some pats & a hug, then he dozes off to sleep for a bit. I guess he didn't sleep last night.

Ah, another meow. I must investigate .....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:48 pm
msolga wrote:

Hmmmm .. I think your Paddy has been having long distance phone conversations with my Flatty, Vivien! He's been doing the exactly same thing! But I finally (after 3 nights!) discovered his secret possie, behind the couch! Evil or Very Mad But why the hell don't they respond when you call them? Do you think it secretly amuses them to confuse & worry us?

simple answer? YES - the little monsters!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:57 pm
oh msolga how worrying about Flatty, I hope he's ok and it's just a bruise. Keep us updated. Fingers are tightly crossed.

Definitely a vet situation

chai you could try giving Jezebel some oily fish like tuna in oil (if she eats it) to help move the furball, if that's what it is.

keep an eye on her if she's sneezing as well as coughing though and go to the vet as she could have caught something from the kitten.

Dehydration is the biggest worry - Timmy came home with something like cat flu from kennels once (he'd been immunised so it wasn't actual cat flu) and I had to spoon water into him as he was too sick to drink. He pulled through ok with that and medication.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:59 pm
Thanks, Vivien.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 06:00 pm
Oh, poor Flatty! I hope all is well, it sounds like you're taking very good care of the poor guy...Thank goodness he called you over to find him when he got hurt!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 06:59 pm
Thank you for your kindness & concern, cyphercat.

Things aren't looking good. The vet says it's one of 2 possible things: he's been hit by a car (but there are no signs of any injuries or wounds & he doesn't go onto the road at all, to the best of my knowledge.) or thrombosis has cut of the blood supply to his back legs. (Apparently that can strike very suddenly. The first I've ever heard of such a thing.) He has no feeling in his legs at all & is not able to stand, say nothing of walk, properly. I've had to leave him in the vet's care, to see if any feeling does return to his legs. I'll return later this afternoon to check to see if any progress has been made. I may have to have him put down if there's no improvement. I have my fingers crossed, but things really aren't looking too positive right now.
0 Replies