The CAT room!

Vivien

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:10 am
we'll expect updates and phots you realise!

Oh dear - what will Lacey think? be prepared for trouble!

How is Flatty msolga? you mentioned in the Boots thread that he hasn't been so good.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 11:12 am
Oh Misti, that's great. I guess it won't be so easy for Lacey at first but two cats is so much fun.

Hugs to you, Rae, Lacey and Paddy!
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:58 pm
I surely will keep you posted msolga and also tell Rae your suggestion.

She sends hugs to all!
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:04 pm
Hi Vivien and Urs:

I think Ms Lacey will have her nose out of joint for a spell, and eventually overrule:) She is such a love of a kitten, and so good! I can't imagine getting another as good. However, a little bit of "Rosie" would be fun, to keep life interesting, you know?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 11:28 am
Misti26 II wrote:
Hi Vivien and Urs:

I think Ms Lacey will have her nose out of joint for a spell, and eventually overrule:) She is such a love of a kitten, and so good! I can't imagine getting another as good. However, a little bit of "Rosie" would be fun, to keep life interesting, you know?

Shocked a dictatorial, bossy little madam???? currently on hunger strike as she doesn't much like the cat food on offer. I was eating pistachio nuts and she was looking so interested that I gave her some crumbs and she scoffed them and then had more Rolling Eyes

My parents are currently looking after my daughers cat as she's on holiday in the sunshine. Daughter drives 100 miles up to leave her there as she knows she'll be so well looked after! Mog was inherited when they bought their house, she'd been an outside cat that the previous owners fed but she was too timid to ever go into the house beyond 3 feet into the kitchen. They had 2 cats of their own, They thought she might not move with them, being an outside cat and asked my daughter if she'd take her on. Within days Mog would come into the kitchen and adored her and within a week was into the living room and soon after was totally happy and very much enjoying being more of an indoor cat. She absolutely adores my daughter and is a real chatterbox, shouting for whatever she wants - she' s currently ruling the roost at my parents.

On arrival she went straight up to the windowsill and wailed loudly that the pillow that is normally put there for her was missing - they run around to get it - wails some more - 'come and stand next to me looking out the window' - obediently they do and she purrs contentedly. They are exhausted by the time she goes home!

Yes Ms Lacey will have her nose put out of joint and there's just no telling what the reaction will be to each other. I hope they'll be friends.

Rosie and Paddy play beautifully now but because Paddy roams much further afield and Rosie stays in the garden, we get a very sad little face from her when he's had enough of the garden and playing with her and skips off out to roam.

There's a horrible vicious tomcat who chases them and stands and defies us as well. We've managed to turn the hose on him a couple of times but not managed to really soak him to the skin - which is what I want to do Twisted Evil Sometimes he comes into the garden at night and if Rosie is looking out of the patio doors she swears and growls and hisses at him - she hates him - I think his attentions to her are strictly dishonourable! He tries to beat Paddy up but Paddy isn't intimidated enough to come in, though he's frightened of it.

I'd like to catch the brute and take it to the vet to be 'seen to' and see how brave he is then Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 06:40 am
Vivien wrote:
On arrival she went straight up to the windowsill and wailed loudly that the pillow that is normally put there for her was missing - they run around to get it - wails some more - 'come and stand next to me looking out the window' - obediently they do and she purrs contentedly. They are exhausted by the time she goes home!

Laughing

I'm just trying to imagine how Mog behaves like when at home & totally at ease Vivian!

It sounds like all generations of your family suffer from the same affliction! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:11 am
Laughing

I can never phone my daughter without her wailing in the background about something! Jealousy I think.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 12:16 am
Your lot sound an extremely nice family to me, Vivien! Cat lovers, all! Purrrrfect! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 02:17 am
just daft I think! Rolling Eyes but we're not too bad!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:21 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:24 am
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Intrepid2/file003555.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 10:15 pm
Ok, I finally got a couple god quality photos of screech. Unfortunately, the back ground isn't choice.....

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WgDhAgobkd1zuoNLxz5pk3arVMZrgZ9ZJUiqxzvsLzWSLWMI8UIc*J6SYTMegczh5xCtVDb9AQa96W4T5l4X6vZRfOXCJ*ZG0FS8WPk4QO9Mnmxm!1tMIU8z*a7OYqAODkp80zLrStI/2006_0124screechonlap1small.JPG
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 02:01 am
beautiful face and magnificent whiskers Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 02:44 am
great lookin' kitty there, 'K!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:19 pm
Vivien - I hate cropping his pictures in close, because I hate to lose the whiskers!

Thanks Margo!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:50 pm
Great picture, but there's a cat in the way.

Actually, I liked the one of Screech studying the aquarium.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:52 pm
Its a Mass Coon Cat
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:06 pm
Love the Screech photograph, k.
An unbelievably gorgeous beastie! Laughing

BTW how are you going with the diabetic treatment? Screech certainly looks incredibly healthy.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:13 pm
Littlek, it looks like you shaved for that photo. At least your chest.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:17 pm
Roger - I like that old fish tank shot too.... if Screech wasn't in front of me, I may not have been able to post that picture at ALL!

Farmerman - I like to entertain that thought. Certainly, he looks like the tuxedo cats on the maine coon cat threads which I've cruised.

He seems (seems.....) healthy to me. He hasn't had any sick episodes in ages, he eats the right amount, he seems to have even-keeled energy all day (so much as you can tell with a cat). But, he still drinks too much water and I haven't tested him as carefully as I maybe should. I can't afford to what with the cost of this insulin I'm giving him (it's gone up over 100 bucks recently - for about 50 days worth). Phew. Thanks for asking.

When do we get to see pictures of your little sweetie? Flatty - yes? I'm really bad with names.
0 Replies