The CAT room!

satt fs

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 08:08 pm
Reyn wrote:
That's one smart kitty!

Cat Calls 911 To Help Ill Owner

POSTED: 7:16 am PST December 31, 2005
UPDATED: 7:19 am PST December 31, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Apparently, a cat was paying attention when his owner, Gary Rosheisen, tried to show him how to dial 911.

Rosheisen, of Columbus, Ohio, was unable to call for help when he fell out of his wheelchair Thursday. But he said his cat did it for him.

Columbus police said the cat, named Tommy, was lying by a telephone on the living room floor when they arrived at the man's home Thursday.

They had received a 911 call from the apartment, but no one was on the phone.

Rosheisen said Tommy must have hit the right buttons to alert authorities.

He said he had tried to teach Tommy to dial 911, using a speed-dial button. But he wasn't sure if the cat ever picked up the training.

source

Is the photo of the cat missed, or reserved for privacy of the cat?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:18 am
Laughing oh Margo I can just picture the scene!

I get the cold shoulder from Rosie sometimes if she catches me making a big fuss of Paddy! She has been no known to hiss at me the little madam as I go to stroke her after him Shocked - I blame the red in her fur for her not-always-so-sweet temper Rolling Eyes

Cyphercat I agree with the 'not owning cats' comment and I think the best situation is to discuss with the family he's moved in with and ask for an assurance that if you leave him to them, they'll look after him properly. Is he neutered? tom cats will get into fights but of course neutered ones can get bullied Sad

I really think he'll be happier where he is
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:47 pm
Roger and Vivien, thanks for the feedback...He is neutered, but he's enormous and I've seen him intimidating the other neighborhood cats, so I guess he holds his own, but the neighbors told me they're calling him"Scratch" because he's always all scratched up. Sad

Plus I just miss him! But at their house he can go in and out, which I can't let him do here (no cat door, and it's a rental so I can't install one), so he probably is really enjoying that...I guess I'll talk to them and make sure that the daughter's correct that they're happy to have him around and that they'll continue to take care of him.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:08 pm
satt_fs wrote:

I don't think a photo was available. I couldn't find one anyways.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:53 pm
Reyn wrote:
satt_fs wrote:

I knew it, I was just cracking a joke.
I searched for a photo to post in your cat photo thread, in vain. :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:00 pm
satt_fs wrote:
Reyn wrote:
satt_fs wrote:

I searched for a photo to post in your cat photo thread, in vain. :wink:

I've been known to do that, but we won't tell anybody about that! Laughing
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:22 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDpAloUEb75jhTtH3y*rmBaTq3H95pp8La8HgXUwQJnIJD8Tdiu!kvmeOssRO2sMFCgU*qjT9w88*pjzjofJzVCcnFTC3GKfvdQnrCGfvo/68.jpg

Best wishes for trhe new year to msolga and all the occupants of the CAT room!
neko nomad and Nekochan
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 02:11 am
Neko, you're male! Surprised This is one of those (many, many!) A2K moments when I've had to to readjust my mental images. Very Happy

And what a delightful photograph! The two of you in that heavenly (swoon!) garden! (I'm still insanely jealous, by the way!)

May this be a fabulous year for you & the beautiful Nekochan & may it soon be warm enough for her to enjoy all her favourite spots in her garden!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 04:13 am
Neko, how did our big Nisse get in your picture? This looks very much like him and he loves to jump on people's shoulders. Funny! Our best wishes to you, too!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 04:24 am
Strange that you should say that, urs .... I've told Neko, a number of times, that Nekochan is a reincarnation of my Mozzie cat. (Now in the big cat heaven in the sky after 19 years of loyal duty. Very Happy) Honestly, Nekochan is the spitting image! And that photo of her looking out the window on a cold winter day, I swear it's my Mozzie! Very Happy
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 06:21 am
Nekochan's such a dear .... Were it not for my heavy shirts my backside would now resemble a well-climbed telephone pole. Mercifully,though, her climbing days seem to be behind her. She's content now to stretch out on my lap, as I obligingly sit sideways at the keyboard with feet on desktop,and sleep away, loudly sighing and gently purring.
In a word, she has it made.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 11:35 am
Neko, that's exactly how my back looks sometimes... And he still succeeds to surprise me. It's especially to jump on my back while I am applying mascara...

I was a bit too quick comparing Nekochan with Nisse. Nisse has only little white shoes, not long white socks :-)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 05:45 pm
urs53 wrote:
..... to jump on my back while I am applying mascara...

quote]

ouch!!!!

this is Rosie in the small box that she's fallen in love with! (it really adds to the decor of the living room) as you can see it's a very tight fit!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/vivien2/erosieincarlingboxjan06005copy.jpg

and a sketch I did of her tonight - I picked up the box with her in it and put it on the arm of my chair and she loved it!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/vivien2/erosieincarlingboxcropcopy.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 08:59 pm
Lovely, Vivien! Very Happy (What is it with cats & paper bags & boxes ...? Confused Laughing )

Shocked Oh, urs ...... here, have some soothing balm for that scratched back! Naughty, Nisse!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 05:52 am
Thanks, msolga! And he does not feel guilty at all! Oh well, he is a cute little fellow so I can never be mad at him...

Vivien, that is adorable! Rosie picked a very nice looking box. I love your drawing. I am looking for a cat drawing that I like and can afford. I am sure you would be one of my favorite cat artists! Wonderful!

As to cats and boxes and paper bags - we have a box in the kitchen that Mysan loves. It's from an online shop where I usually by cat stuff so the box says 'www.zooplus.de'. Quite fitting... And we have a torn up old paper bag that is used to skate on, dive under... you can picture it...
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 06:01 am
yes Laughing I can picture it - and the little bits of torn paper that have to be cleared up after the fun Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 05:06 pm
really excellent drawing viv well done

you could sell that to the brewers of carling
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 03:22 pm
Laughing

you think I could make Rosie earn her keep!
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:44 pm
Hey all, just to let you know I could not log in with my usual Misti26, that's the reason I'm now showing up as Misti26 II.

Vivien, beautiful drawing, and gorgeous little beast:)

Paddy is asleep here by my chair, and Rae is looking for another kitty like Lacey, preferably a very young kitty. I can't wait, it's gonna be so much fun being a kitty-granny again:) I don't know how Lacey will like it, after all, she's queen of the castle, will she allow a stragler?

Will keep you updated.

Hugs, J
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 12:16 am
Hello, again, Misti. Always lovely to hear from you! Laughing

You might suggest to Rae that a kitten of the opposite sex to Lacey could be a good idea. Time & time again, Dr Huw Wurth, president of the RSPCA in Oz & radio pet talkback adviser extraordinaire, advises folk that this is best! Apparently two of the same sex causes conflict. I really don't know why this is so, but he's said it so many times I've gotta believe him! Oh, & do please keep us posted!
0 Replies