The CAT room!

Reyn

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:30 pm
Here's a funny 'un....... Laughing

W.Va. Woman Locked Out of Car by Cat

Dec 28, 4:09 PM (ET)

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - Locking yourself out of your car is bad enough, but Jeanna Stewart was even more embarrassed when the culprit was not her, but her cat.

The Morgantown resident said she was getting a spare house key out her car's trunk on Monday when her cat Mork, one of three in the car, stepped on the automatic door lock. She couldn't unlock the door because she had left her car keys on the driver's seat.

"He wouldn't unlock the door for me," Stewart said Tuesday. "He was standing there, saying why aren't you opening the door? I want to go inside."

Stewart went into her house and called the Morgantown Fire Department for help. She said she was mainly concerned about freeing Mork and the other cats, Minday and Alex.

"They rescued my three little kitties," Stewart said. "I didn't need a rescue for me, just for them."
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 10:40 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgCFArAZf1w0gq0S4Ys1TMj6sw2E9*8lg1yYN6iN3s1Tmb!SKAEkSsAERIFb2W7YNdcWNXAwJ1*or84ZrRhA5EGj33KA7gcF6YhJeBgrvgWDN*XlxhfMp0SGBXKgBMDW/neko%20nomad%20397A.jpg

Nekochan unenthusiastically looking out at the weather conditions.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 05:37 pm
I share beautiful Nekochans feelings about the current cold weather Sad

Why do I get weird cats? Himself had one of those boxes of cans of beer with about 20 cans in it - he tore a small hole in it and gave the box to Rosie - who of course managed to squeeze herself into it - just.

So I picked the box up and put it on my knee - she settled down comortably with me holding her paw (I was talking to her about how she used to want her paw held when she was in her travelling box in the car and she flapped it at me so I could hold it!)

so there I sit with a heavy cardboard box full of cat on my knee watching TV and holding her paw Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 05:51 pm
Vivien, this sounds as if not only your cats are weird... ;-)

Oh, wait, no, I guess that's just normal behaviour for a cat owner. I'd most likely do the same thing... I am well trained...
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 07:08 pm
In situations like today's, Nekochan amuses herself by doing slapshots
with winebottle corks left lying about for such moments, and makes
security checks in the closets around the house. No action outside,
so why not?
For a sixteen year old, she's doing okay.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 11:51 pm
neko nomad wrote:
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgCFArAZf1w0gq0S4Ys1TMj6sw2E9*8lg1yYN6iN3s1Tmb!SKAEkSsAERIFb2W7YNdcWNXAwJ1*or84ZrRhA5EGj33KA7gcF6YhJeBgrvgWDN*XlxhfMp0SGBXKgBMDW/neko%20nomad%20397A.jpg

Nekochan unenthusiastically looking out at the weather conditions.

Laughing

Cabin fever!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 11:54 pm
Vivien wrote:
...so there I sit with a heavy cardboard box full of cat on my knee watching TV and holding her paw Rolling Eyes

Oh, I can just see this! Very funny & kind of nice! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:04 pm
urs53 wrote:
Vivien, this sounds as if not only your cats are weird... ;-)

this is sadly true Embarrassed Laughing

Happy New Year to everyone and their furry companions Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:46 pm
Not sad at all, Vivien! It's a the only way to live! Very Happy

Yes, happy new year (& let's hope, an improvement on 2005!) to all critter lovers, no matter which variety of critter you have the great privilege of sharing your existence with! Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 09:00 pm

Greetings to all!

Hi all, have a safe and peaceful New Year!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 09:02 pm
Misti!
How nice to see you! Happy new year!Very Happy

Now the dad news: that link didn't work, sorry.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 09:30 pm
msolga, sorry to hear the link doesn't work for you. I tried it just now and it works fine from here.

Try this:

http://www48.123greetings.com/card/12/31/18/35/ZAY81231183545998.html
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 04:12 am
msolga wrote:
Now the dad news: that link didn't work, sorry.

Dad news, what is this dad news? Bad, I meant! And no, I haven't been drinking!

It works fine now, Misti. And I even had a little dance to the music! Laughing
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 04:40 am
Happy New Year!

Nisse and Mysan did not mind the fireworks at all. They found them very interesting.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 04:44 am
And happy new year to you, urs! They're a brave pair, your two! Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:33 pm
That's one smart kitty!

Cat Calls 911 To Help Ill Owner

POSTED: 7:16 am PST December 31, 2005
UPDATED: 7:19 am PST December 31, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Apparently, a cat was paying attention when his owner, Gary Rosheisen, tried to show him how to dial 911.

Rosheisen, of Columbus, Ohio, was unable to call for help when he fell out of his wheelchair Thursday. But he said his cat did it for him.

Columbus police said the cat, named Tommy, was lying by a telephone on the living room floor when they arrived at the man's home Thursday.

They had received a 911 call from the apartment, but no one was on the phone.

Rosheisen said Tommy must have hit the right buttons to alert authorities.

He said he had tried to teach Tommy to dial 911, using a speed-dial button. But he wasn't sure if the cat ever picked up the training.

source
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:47 pm
We always knew cats are smart! Clever Tommy! Very Happy
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
Well, I just had a visit from one of my neighbors, a girl of about twelve, whose family has apparently been adopted by my runaway kitty Rufus. Sad

I'm glad to hear he's safe and happy, but I can't believe he has moved into somebody else's house and, from the sound of it, is perfectly friendly to them while he won't even come near me! I had him for three years for heaven's sake! I miss him but it sure sounds like he's not coming back here.

He is very skittish around males and never got used to my boyfriend after he (the bf) moved in. At the neighbor's house there are two females who both dote on him and only one boy, so maybe he likes that better....?

It's a dilemma to me, because I'll be moving to a city in about six months and I haven't been able to figure out what I'd do with Rufus. If I took him with me (assuming I got him back somehow) then he'd be in a big city he didn't know if he ever got away again. If I left him here with a neighbor or something, at least it's a small town where there are lots of people that leave food out for cats and stuff. So this way at least he has a family that loves him who are staying put for now. But I still worry that they might move away and leave him behind or something, or not take good care of him, and I'll have moved away, so I won't know what's going on. I HATE giving away animals that I love and am attached to because I never stop worrying that the new people won't take good care of them.... *sigh*

Do you guys think that on the whole it's better to accept that he's not my cat anymore and let him stay there since he seems to be less skittish with them? Then I have to live with the worry that they'll move and leave him behind (they've only lived there about nine months). Also I know he's getting in fights all the time and would be healthier being an indoor cat. I know if I got him back he'd settle in again fine, it's happened before with him. But then if I had him back there's the problem of moving to a city with him and what happens if he runs away there. Aaargh!

My mom's opinion is that he's picked where he wants to be so clearly I should leave him alone. I'm not so sure that you can say a cat really "picks" something, he just likes that he gets fed three times a day there....So what do all you cat people think, do I assume the cat has made the best decision for himself and let him stay there?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 07:37 pm
Yes, it's really for the best. You don't get a cat, and you don't own a cat in any real sense. Cats just happen.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 08:06 pm
Vivien

Wonderful image I have of the pair of you!

I came home from a week away yesterday, to the usual marked cold shoulder from his monstership! I walked him, picked him up, which he tolerated (just), and when I put him down, he deliberately turned his back on me! And then he stalked off outside!

He wanted absolutely nothing to do with me until dinner time, when He found that my very malleable (i.e., easily bossed about by cat!) aunt had gone home, and I was the dinner lady. Did a few little nudges to get me in the dinner getting mood - and then decided he'd better try harder!

Cats! In my next life - goldfish!
0 Replies