The CAT room!

urs53

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 03:27 pm
I'm getting a bit lazy taking pictures of the cats. After Christmas there will be some new ones, I'm sure.

Vivien, it's so good to see Rosie and Paddy playing. Yes, boxes seem to be the best toys ever! We always keep one in the kitchen. Mysan loves to sit in it... well...

Nisse and Mysan have been fighting quite a bit during the last days. Mysan has a nice scratch on her little nose. But I'm sure Nisse got his share, too.

Louis is a very lovely cat, cjhsa. I love the white socks!

BigDice just came home and took a look at what I was doing. He says hi to all of you! And admired Rosie's wonderful coloring.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:51 pm
Let's hope Louis is as big of a stud as he appears. He's about to get on a plane.

I'll post pictures of Louis making scat in the snow when I get the chance. Wink

He hates his litterbox....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 12:35 am
cjhsa wrote:
That was taken about four months ago. He's a big CAT now. I am worried about the move though. They leave tonight. It's pretty cold in the midwest right now. I know they do provide some heat in the cargo holds or people's personal items would freeze and explode, so I'm thinking Louis is going to be cold, but not frozen.

Moving my family across the country and killing the cat at the same time would not be a good thing, my fault or not.

You've mentioned your worries to the airline company, cjhsa? Maybe they can help a bit in the circumstance?

So good luck, sweet Louis! May you arrive safely & recover quickly. Fingers & toes crossed! Please let us know how it goes, cjhsa. I'm a bit anxious, along with you! Sad
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 12:39 pm
We're thinking of you, Louis!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 01:17 pm
Update - Louis made it just fine and boy is he pissed!

You could hear him wailing all through the small airport as he was brought inside. The rather confused baggage handler saw me coming, almost threw Louis to me, and said "he's rather verbal". Wink

Louis checked out his new home, and realizing there was no dirt outside, just funny white stuff, used his litter box (he hates them), then went and hid behind the washing machine for a cat nap.

I'm sure he'll eventually come out. Very Happy

Happy to say the family survived the trip as well.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 03:25 pm
That's very good news, cjhsa!

Good to hear that you all made it to the new home in good shape. Louis will just need some time...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 04:58 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Update - Louis made it just fine and boy is he pissed!

You could hear him wailing all through the small airport as he was brought inside. The rather confused baggage handler saw me coming, almost threw Louis to me, and said "he's rather verbal". Wink

Haha. You tell 'em Louis!: " And don't even think of putting me through anything like that, ever again!" Laughing

Phew! I'm very pleased & relieved, cjhsa. Very Happy

`
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 07:01 am
He seems to be adjusting fairly well. Vet said to keep him indoors for the first three weeks at least. I was the first one up this morning, and Louis came down to see if I would feed him. So, I cut up some chicken breast and gave him that. As he went back upstairs to one of his roosts, I swear he said "thank mew".
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 01:18 pm
Laughing Glad to hear it went well for all of you, cj. And Louis came out from behind the washing machine! I thought he might stay back there for a while, I've had some cats that would have been back there for days sulking!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 04:09 pm
Just before I head off (It's Christmas day already in Oz!) I'd like to send my fondest greetings to all the fuzzy critters whose owners frequent this thread. Beautiful, gorgeous all of you! And so are the doting folk who keep you in the manner you've grown accustomed to! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 01:17 pm
Our two loved the visitors and constant attention, stroking, playing with string and pressie wrappings to dive into, turkey to scrounge etc, they are now sleeping it off - as is himself, snoring in a chair Rolling Eyes

I hope everyone else had a good time and furballs are well rounded from turkey and treats Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 08:40 pm
Vivien wrote:
Our two loved the visitors and constant attention, stroking, playing with string and pressie wrappings to dive into, turkey to scrounge etc, they are now sleeping it off - as is himself, snoring in a chair Rolling Eyes

Laughing I have this very vivid picture of your household, post-celebration, Vivien: Presents, wrappings, Himself & cats randomly scattered around your loungeroom, all snoring loudly! Very Happy ... the sound of many logs being sawed vigorously!: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Very Happy

Hey, Rosie has certainly kicked on in the confidence stakes! A few months ago I couldn't imagine you including her in your first sentence above! Surprised Paddy is obviously teaching her how to reach the giddy heights of fully indulged in, evolved domestic Cat-dom! That's very nice! Very Happy

Oh, & Flatty didn't need any extra, special treats to become well rounded. He was heading in that general direction before Christmas! I'm thinking some enterprising person could make themselves very rich by publishing a book titled How To Get Your Over-weight Cat Back In Shape for Summer: - 10 easy steps!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 05:43 am
Laughing

Rosie has always like my daughters so they've never been a problem - she's much more confident in her own home about people - she won't let anyone near her outside (that's good) and shoots indoors at any strange noise.

Because we played with her bopping her and her bopping us as a kitten she likes to play sort of 'boxing' games - and visitors are amazed at the power of her hits! no claws but you really hear the thump she gives you!

... maybe that's why Paddy hasn't become top cat! power balance is even.

One of my pressies was a little book called Cat Quips (lovely) and one quote is specially for Setanta

'Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get 8 cats to pull a sled through snow'. Twisted Evil

and for msolga (remembering how Flatty likes to sleep on top of her head in cold weather)

'Cats don't mind sharing the bed with fellow cats, as long as the area is equitably divided among them. Usually there is room for everyone on a first come first served basis - under the blankets, on top of the blanket, on the the pillow, under the pillow, at the head of the bed, at the foot of the bed, in that order.

Any space left goes to the owner' Stephen Baker
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 06:08 am
So Rosie's a bit of a thumper, Vivien? I'd never have guessed! Got any photographs of her in the act? Little devil! Laughing

'Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get 8 cats to pull a sled through snow'.

Exactly!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 10:07 am
My nephew has a new AC/DC DVD and watches it on Dolby Surround REAL loud - like the whole house is shaking... My sister's cat Hexe sleeps through it all in the middle of the living room. She used to be a very scared little wild thing - hence the name Hexe - 'witch' in German. She changed so much with love and patience.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 10:26 am
'Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get 8 cats to pull a sled through snow'.

I'm not sure how a lack of work ethic can be taken for intelligence. Wink
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 03:54 pm
well it works for me :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 11:07 pm
And you're clever, Vivien! Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 01:55 pm
Here is the latest picture of my brother's cat whom he calls Catdude. I think the official name of this beauty is Boots...

http://pic6.picturetrail.com:80/VOL169/1054782/2913827/123406491.jpg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:25 pm
Here's a nice heart-warming story. Smile

U.S. firefighters rescue caged cat from icy river

at 14:20 on December 29, 2005, EST.

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) - A cat was rescued after an ordeal that included being locked in a cage, thrown off a bridge and then stranded in an icy puddle of river slush.

On Tuesday morning, a pair of passersby spotted the calico cat while crossing a footbridge and called for help.

Missoula firefighters arrived minutes later, donned wetsuits and launched a rescue boat.

Someone had put the animal in a cage, along with a rock weighing about seven kilograms, and tossed it into the Clark Fork River. But instead of landing in the water, it bounced several times on the ice and then became stuck.

It's unclear how long the cat had been there.

Firefighters took it back to the fire station, dried it off and fed it leftover Christmas turkey and a dish of milk.

"It was really skinny, nothing but skin and bones, and had collar marks where a too-small collar had rubbed the fur off its neck. But it was really friendly," firefighter Philip Keating said.

Firefighter Josh Macrow decided to keep the cat. After his shift, he took it to a vet and then home to his 12-year-old daughter.

Naming the animal was easy, he said.

"We call her Lucky."
0 Replies