Need opinion on Ecowater ERR 3500 PLZ! (H2oMan plz reply)

Gary Slusser

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 10:18 am
@Davethewaterdoctor,
Davethewaterdoctor wrote:

Gary, You are livin the life! Overhead isnt killing me its the people who look at $400 softeners and then call me to ask for a price......I have to compete with my own supplier! Shoppers! You cant sell everybody! We all do this for success not for notoriety! Good luck in 2010

So far Dave I see nothing that you said that in any way can help a DIYer here on this forum. Actually I see you are against DIYers and independent online dealers like me and local independent dealers too.

You sell an overpriced softener that the customer can not get parts for except through the one'n only local dealer - YOU. For whatever you want to charge for them IF you will sell parts without insisting that you must charge a service call and install them; like most national brand proprietary softener dealers such as Kinetico that Andy sells.

BTW, the $400 softener you mention you have to compete with, that's the lesser quality big box store brand that your Ecowater ER3500 softener manufacturer makes and floods the market with. I too have to compete with them, which I do very well.

Your problem is that you don't concentrate on the local prospect that wants to depend on a local dealer for installation and service; along with your overhead expenses.

He is not my prospect until after that overpriced local dealer experience drives him to me because he gets tired of paying through the nose for service and decides to become a DIYer. I cater to the DIYer and the wannabe DIYer by saying the overpriced softener and being dependent on one local dealer is a rip off.

I have never said that your ER whatever softener, or Kinetico, is junk. They are overpriced and don't soften water any softer, or for any longer than the softeners I sell and mine are DIYer friendly with parts and repair information available from many online and local dealers. That appeals to many people and especially those that get online to research a softener purchase. Your posts here are not going to win you many sales, and may hurt your sales.

BTW, my 2009 sales were up about 12% over 2008 sales, which was up over 2007 sales. So I expect 2010 sales to be as good if not better due to the poor economy and financial conservatism taking hold on a national basis.
0 Replies

Justsayin

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 09:34 am
@Davethewaterdoctor,
You guys are all crazy. Whoever thinks all systems are the same would be nuts. I bought a Culligan system at my old house and a Hague at my new place I have to say the Hague cost me much less and still works great after 6 years unlike the Culligan.
0 Replies

TheWaterInsider

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 01:03 am
Hello,

I was a sales representative for many years with Eco Water and am still working the in the water treatment industry. To answer your question and resolve many of these issues, I would say this:

Eco Water offers a very good product in their ERR3500 refiner. The system features an unbeatable valve, boasts a serious savings in salt consumption when compared to a standard softner, and is coupled with a warranty that is near impossible to beat. That said, if any dealer is attempting to sell you an ERR3500 for anything over $3000, thank them for their time, and then kick them out of your house.

In regards to their reverse osmosis system (ERO300, ERO355, or ERO375), in most situations, I would pass. That is, if they are charging anything over $500 (which nearly all will), then you can purchase, easily install and service similar technology for less money. *** I am not sure what technology the ERO450R boasts, so on this model I can not advise.

So in summary, if you can purchase an ERR3500 refiner (installed) for $3000 or less, I would advise you to pull the trigger. On the same note, if you can purchase an ERO375 reverse osmosis system (installed) for $500 or less, you are getting a reasonable deal.

Hope this helps.

TheWaterInsider

P.S. - If you are thinking about changing your hot water heater at the same time you soften your water, be sure to ask your sales representative. Under normal circumstances, they will install your new hot water heater and haul away your old hot water at no cost. Also, be sure to get your free soaps!
ePersona

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 09:01 pm
@Davethewaterdoctor,
I'm interested in the Eco 3500 and I live in Orlando. Can you do business up here?
0 Replies

ptidd

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 09:48 pm
I would like to know how much a ECOWATER ERR 3500 r20 with RO (ERO 375) should cost including installation? The location is Southeast Kansas
0 Replies

Larry520

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 03:11 pm
@masalcido,
I paid 5900.00 a year ago, that included servicing for the first year. I just had filters for RO system replaced and took out a year warranty to the the tune of 300.00. I think that is too much..not many options though. The price was for the water softener and the ro system.
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 11:50 pm
This is offer either single-tank or 2-tank design.The advantages is eco-friendly water framework recovers just as required and tank light enlightens the salt tank.
0 Replies

jxlongacre

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 07:25 am
@TheWaterInsider,
Hi there.

I wonder how can I purchase Eco Water ERR3500 series in the US? do you have a recommended dealer who can sell me the unit without installation service? I plan to ship it to my home overseas.

thank you!

Jeannie
0 Replies