Need opinion on Ecowater ERR 3500 PLZ! (H2oMan plz reply)

Cougie

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 12:21 am
H2oMan, I see that you know quite a bit about water softner systems and your opinion would be greatly appreciated on EcoWater ERR 3500. Do you have any idea about how much they cost? Just looking for a ballpark figure Smile do they run about the same as their competitors? What would be a comparable system?
Also if anyone has this system what are the advantages and disadvantages? Do you see a big difference in your water ?
We had a salesman visit and we would really like to get one but ive looked all over the net and its really hard to get an impartial opinion. its either companies patting their own backs or companies slamming their competitors. Its quite pricey and I would really be upset if I get it and it turns out I got ripped off Laughing !
Thanks in advance for all you advice!!!
blessings,
cougie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 45,251 • Replies: 107
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 06:31 am
Re: Need opinion on Ecowater ERR 3500 PLZ! (H2oMan plz reply
Cougie wrote:
H2oMan, I see that you know quite a bit about water softner systems and your opinion would be greatly appreciated on EcoWater ERR 3500. Do you have any idea about how much they cost?

The new ERR 3500 is made for chlorinated municipal/city water and is without question the finest softener available.

Salt usage is extremely low and it comes with a wireless remote monitoring system that allows the owner to check and adjust computer settings.
The computer learns and adjusts to your water usage patterns.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 06:39 am
Re: Need opinion on Ecowater ERR 3500 PLZ! (H2oMan plz reply
Let's try that again :wink:

Cougie wrote:
H2oMan, I see that you know quite a bit about water softner systems and your opinion would be greatly appreciated on EcoWater ERR 3500.
Do you have any idea about how much they cost?

Hey Cougie, the new ERR 3500 is made for chlorinated municipal/city water and is without question the finest softener available.

Salt usage is extremely low and it comes with a wireless remote monitoring system that allows the owner to check and adjust computer settings.
This same remote will link up with the new ERO R450E from ECOWATER.

The computer learns and adjusts to your water usage patterns.

The system is installed by the dealer - no do it yourself installations. The factory warranty is excellent.

A ballpark figure really depends on your location and the cost of doing business, but $3K should be in the ballpark.

A ERR 3500 will soon replace the old RainSoft softener in my home.

HTH ~
Cougie

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 06:46 am
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! we are looking at the package deal that comes with the ERO 375 for the drinking water. The Rep quoted us $5900 for both systems installed, no down payment, 6 months no payment -no interest until til october and a 10 yr supply of laundry and cleaning products. does that sound about right???? It sounds fair to me but my hubby second guesses everything when it comes to spending money so im trying to put his mind at ease. You advice has been wonderful! you ROCK Very Happy !!
A very happy Cougie!
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:35 am
Cougie wrote:
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! we are looking at the package deal that comes with the ERO 375 for the drinking water. The Rep quoted us $5900 for both systems installed, no down payment, 6 months no payment -no interest until til october and a 10 yr supply of laundry and cleaning products. does that sound about right???? It sounds fair to me but my hubby second guesses everything when it comes to spending money so im trying to put his mind at ease. You advice has been wonderful! you ROCK Very Happy !!
A very happy Cougie!

No problem!

I would pass on the soap package for a reduced price and tell the rep you want the ERO R450E.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 01:11 pm
What is the technology in making it a 'city' unit? Does it dechlorinate the water as well as soften? If so, how does it do that? I could do a google on it but just wanted to your point of view.

Andy Christensen
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 02:05 pm
Andy CWS wrote:
What is the technology in making it a 'city' unit? Does it dechlorinate the water as well as soften? If so, how does it do that? I could do a google on it but just wanted to your point of view.

Andy Christensen

A processed GAC is added for chlorine reduction.
This also enables cleaning and filtration of the water.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 02:32 pm
So, the GAC and resins are combined in a single tank, I assume. How long would the resins last on say 2ppm chlorine, which is typical in some of our city water systems?

What I mean is, how long will they continue to remove chlorine?

I know a couple of companies combine resins with carbon.

Kinetico has a city model also but the resins ad carbon are separate for easy changing.

http://www.kinetico.com/Kinetico/EN/Residential/Products/Combination+Systems/

I do think it is important to protect the resins from chlorine destruction.

Thanks for the info.

Andy Christensen, CWS
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 08:15 pm
Cougie wrote:
we are looking at the package deal that comes with the ERO 375 for the drinking water. The Rep quoted us $5900 for both systems installed, no down payment, 6 months no payment -no interest until til october and a 10 yr supply of laundry and cleaning products. does that sound about right????

That is an absolutely ridiculous price for a softener and RO; with or without a 1-10 year soap package.

So is $3500.

Carbon in with resin is not a good idea and eventually it will be all ground up and expelled from the tank during backwashes. That usually only takes a couple years.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 10:14 am
Gary Slusser wrote:

Carbon in with resin is not a good idea and eventually it will be all ground up and expelled from the tank during backwashes. That usually only takes a couple years.

Cougie, mission correct specially processed GAC mixed in with a specific resin is perfectly fine.
This GAC will not be ground up and expelled during backwash and it's performance is covered under warranty.

The new system, professional installation and factory warranty make it well worth the price.
Many of the details that make the new ERR 3500 the best system available are proprietary.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 12:27 pm
I hear that Purolite makes the resin used in Ecowater softeners. C-100e/1042 or somthing close to that. I could look it up. That's from Purolite concerning Ecowater manufactured big box brands, I.E. Sears, Whirlpool, GE at THD, Mortonsalt.com, Northstar, etc. including their exclusive territory or other dealers.

All carbon manufacturers, domestic and/or imported will support the carbon being ground up by the harder resin beads in any softener that is top dressed with carbon.

So H2Oman, is the carbon loaded on top the resin (top dressed) or is there some barrier between the carbon and resin?

Also, what does the warranty cover as far as loss/attrition of the carbon and for how long etc.?

BTW,
Quote:
This GAC will not be ground up and expelled during backwash and it's performance is covered under warranty.
means it is guaranteed to perform, that's a bit different than remain intact in the tank. So... what is the carbon supposed to do other than remove chlorine?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 12:56 pm
The ERR model carries a lifetime warranty on the carbon and resin.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 09:30 am
Just yesterday was it... I sold a guy some carbon for his Rainsoft carbon filter. A little toy sized filter, the dinky skinny tank on the right but...

http://qualitywaterassociates.com/images/RSknowlton.JPG

he has one of those lifetime warranties I guess... but they wanted $250 to $300 to come out and service his 1/4 to 1/2 cuft carbon filter!!

He paid $3500 for it including the bit less dinky but toy sized softener. That picture, it reminded me of half of this $2250.00 Kinetico toy softener their customer sent me a picture of from out in Las Vegas a little over a year ago. To be fair to Kinetico, this may be their model that allows water through both tanks until one has to regenerate. Then you share water use with the drain water gpm from the tank in regeneration but. The point is that most all their softeners DO NOT allow water through both tanks, only this model's control valve does, the majority doesn't. Note no prefilter, the salesman said they woud come back and remove it in two weeks for $250 less than he paid but he didn't have that in writing... so I guess he still has it taking up all that space in his garage! WOW, but I guess they coulda spread it out more if they had more expensive copper tubing.

http://qualitywaterassociates.com/images/fragger.JPG

Anyway H2Oman, I'd love to read the fine gray print on your "lifetime" warranty but like that's gunna happen huh... with price tags of $5900 and $3500, Ecowater sounds about 3/4ths as bad as Rain Soft and worse than Kinetico $2250 to $4500 (highest I've heard) but... the dealer should eat all and every warranty problem, yet something tells me that won't happen either. Maybe it's my hearing stories from people around the country saying how they didn't understand the gray print but regardless, there are few cases where the thing applies to anything!!

That "lifetime (performance) warranty" you mentioned... does it cover the dealer's (your) labor? I ask because Andy Christensen, our WQA certified CWS Kinetico salesman, he says good "professional" dealers include great warranties and guarantee performance too including labor IIRC. Justalurker, my good buddy but lately an irate with me customer of mine because I insisted he apologize to me and it POed him because that meant he had to take some responsibility for our arguement..., well he says everyone should insist on labor being included with each softener/filter sale. So do you cover labor in your warranty and/or that performance guarantee your Ecowater softeners come with?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 09:34 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
Just yesterday was it...

Was there a question in there?

Also, when are you going to post pictures of what you sell and tell everyone why Clack is the best thing ever made?
Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 06:47 pm
Kevin, questions? Yes there were at least two to no one other than you. Obviously you missed them in amongst the background information leading you to them. Actually there's only one but I felt a need to repeat it... Here you are Sir.

That "lifetime (performance) warranty" you mentioned... does it cover the dealer's (your) labor?

So do you cover labor in your warranty and/or that performance guarantee your Ecowater softeners come with?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:49 am
Gary Slusser wrote:

That "lifetime (performance) warranty" you mentioned... does it cover the dealer's (your) labor?

So do you cover labor in your warranty and/or that performance guarantee your Ecowater softeners come with?

If I did the installation, it's covered by me for as long as I'm able to service the account.

They are not my ECOWATER softeners - I am not an ECOWATER dealer.
However, if I install it - the installation is covered by me for as long as I'm able to service the account.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_question.gif Gary, does the warranty/performance guarantee on your Clack and other products you sell to the do it yourself customer cover your labor?
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 08:39 pm
OK, my bad. Sorry, I mistakenly thought you sold Ecowater softeners as a dealer since you were suggesting people buy them.

Labor coverage is not needed, my customers fix their softener themselves in their spare time instead of having to stand around waiting for a service guy to show up but then getting a call saying he can't make it now as scheduled but, "I'll be there tomorrow between 10 and 2".
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 08:57 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:

OK, my bad. Sorry, I mistakenly thought you sold Ecowater softeners as a dealer since you were suggesting people buy them.

I am not here to sell anything - I am here to help people with their H2O problems and H2O systems.

I accept your apology.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 01:08 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Gary Slusser wrote:

Quote:
I am not here to sell anything - I am here to help people with their H2O problems and H2O systems.

I accept your apology.

Great, and since you say you're not here to sell anything... kinda making it look like none of your effort here leads to any sales, local or internet related... possibly I'll extend another apology, or accept yours, when you explain to me why you have a h2oman.us web site and an athenswater.com site that are all but if not identical. And they mention Ecowater, which you tell me you are not selling as a dealer or otherwise while here you can't say enough about them and tell everyone to buy one for $3500 UP! Yet you sell the same stuff I do, like the Fleck 2510, same tanks etc....

So just what are you, a dealer (an independent or what type) or are you a plumber or not doing installations and warranty/service work etc. for dealers or not and/or Ecowater, Sears, GE, Whirlpool etc. or what? Nail it down for all of us.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:54 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
you say you're not here to sell anything... kinda making it look like none of your effort here leads to any sales ...

I'm sure my efforts to help those in need here on Able2Know have resulted in many sales ... just not from me.
My services on this forum are provided at no charge - I'm here to help people sort out existing problems and avoid mistakes.

Why are you here Gary?
0 Replies