Need opinion on Ecowater ERR 3500 PLZ! (H2oMan plz reply)

Andy CWS

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:58 pm
Kinetico valves are warrantied for ten years, Culligan internal parts for one year. Hague has a 25-warranty. There are many other exceptions. I didn't know that EcoWater valves have only one year warranty. Interesting.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:54 pm
Andy CWS wrote:
Kinetico valves are warrantied for ten years, Culligan internal parts for one year. Hague has a 25-warranty. There are many other exceptions. I didn't know that EcoWater valves have only one year warranty. Interesting.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Yes and I could give the same ten or 25 year warranty if I charged Kinetico and Hague prices. So could all other dealers. Are you saying there are no parts in/on those controls that are not warranted? Or how about prorated?

Yes I meant the Ecowater built big box store brands. I don't know what warranty they give their Ecowater water dealers but h20man should.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:25 pm
Kinetico is bumper to bumper....100%, no pro-rating. Pins, gears, seals, o-rings, housings, tubes. Why is that unusual? This includes the by-pass, filter housing, tanks, resin, all RO parts, and its membrane. Our office even warranties used Kineticos.

I am not sure how you could provide any warranty outside the manufacturers' through your internet sales and drop-shipping service. Mind explaining how you could manage that?

Coulda, woulda, shoulda is a "fine" business approach. I look for the bite, not the bark

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
0 Replies

trojan95

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 10:27 pm
@djl,
DJL,

I have been looking for a premium water softener with carbon filter too. I'm interested in the quotation you got for the Ecowater ERR 3500 and RO 375. Would kindly share the dealer zip code that you got the quotation from?

By the way, which one did you end up choosing?

Thanks in advance!!

Trojan95
0 Replies

dman20

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:24 am
@Andy CWS,
I have an ecowater 3000 which is about 10 years old. It has worked on and off he last years and when I had an ecowaer dealer out they were very good and only charged me 60.00 bucks to tune the system but it still works off and on. I now have an error 1 message which by the manual says a posible motor failure. I am very experienced when it comes to rebuilding things but I do not know much about these systems whatsoever. Should I lok at rebuilding this unit or do they only last about this long? I was thinking of upgrading to avoid a constant headache but not really in the budget-- Thoughts! Byt he way, the dealer is not located here in Las vegas and looking for an ecowater dealer that wold be honest and not try to just upsale me!

THanks for your help and I think that Gary should get a life!!
mcabq

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 02:32 pm
@dman20,
I just talked to my EcoWater dealer yesterday. He wants $4890 for an ERR3500 and $1290 for a RO (or $5690 for both). It is much higher than the prices I saw in this forum. What is a reasonable price? and can I order an EcoWater system through some other channel for less money?
masalcido

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 07:57 pm
@Cougie,
5900 is way too much. I was quoted $4,600 this past Sept and I still think that is too much.
ksisk

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 02:14 am
@H2O MAN,
You should check out the Hague WaterMax it is the best, far more superior than Eco or Rainsoft combined. It is the only system that is made 100% in the USA with USA parts. It is truly the only all in one water conditioner on the market and the media in the tank can be configured over 83 different ways to correct anyone's water problems. Hague WaterMax takes out chlorine, sediment, hardness and bacteria in the water and in the tank, and it has a 25 year warranty. The valve has only one moving part, with 9 patents on the system. The flow screens separate and protect the 4 medias in the tank from touching each other, they will never mix together and you will never get slippage. It usage less water water and less salt compared to anyone else and the motor has a brain on it where it determines exactly how much regeneration is needed based on each home's water usage. You can buy an Eco at Sears for less than a $1,000 a dealer will sell the same system for $5k to pay high sales reps commissions but overall Eco is only a water softener not a true conditioning system, only the Hague WaterMax is.
ksisk

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 02:16 am
@H2O MAN,
lifetime warranty in the state of California is 7 years.They only warrant the life expectancy of the appliance a lifetime and that means 7 years.
0 Replies

jacobsabian

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2009 06:50 pm
@mcabq,
Hi, I might arrange much better price for Eco Water systems, but I would like to know the location of the installation.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:49 pm
@ksisk,
ksisk wrote:

You should check out the Hague WaterMax it is the best,

Who sells, installs and services them Hague?
I have never seen a dealer, just old equipment that I've replaced.

Give me the full WaterMax sales pitch ~ I'm all ears.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Davethewaterdoctor

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 10:13 pm
EcoWater is the best system on the market! 10 yr warranty on the valve BODY! Customers need to READ warranty specifics! No company can warranty moving expendable parts! Its like toyota waranteeing your brake pads! I give a 5yr bumper to bumper warranty on the 3500 series just from my dealership on top of the factory warranty! The ERR 3500 REFINER has a LIFETIME warranty on the RESIN ans Carbon!
Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:28 am
@Davethewaterdoctor,
And if I was charging thousands for my unit I could offer the same warranty, but I'm charging thousands less so I can't do that "we have the best warranty" marketing thing as you are. And that means that I am not overcharging all my customers that don't have a warranty problem as you are.
Davethewaterdoctor

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:44 pm
@Gary Slusser,
ECOWATERR SYSTEMS NEVER BREAK DOWN OR HAVE WARRANTEE ISSUES! CLACK AND FLECK ARE THE ONLY WAY I CAN PAY MY SERVICE TECHS! CHLORAMINES BEAT UP THE PISTON AND SEALS IN A FLECK IN 2-5YEARS! I WILL AGREE THE CLACK IS BETTER! BUT THEY STILL NEED SERVICE!

IM IN THE BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY! NOT TO GIVE OUT FREE ADVICE! ANY JOE BLOW WHO LEFT CULLIGAN OR WHATEVER COMPANY AS AN INSTALLER.......CAN INCORPORATE THEMSELVES AND USE THE CONTACTS THEY HAVE IN THE INDUSTRY AND SELL FLECK, CLACK, AND AUTOTROL! AUTOTROL SUCKS!!!!

THE COST FOR DOING BUSINESS IS VERY HIGH! I DONT RUN MY BUSINESS OUT A GARAGE OR A BARN..........LIABIALITY INSURANCE TRUCKS AND EMPLOYEES......ADVERTISING......GAS.....ALLL THESE THINGS COST MONEY!

WITH ALL THESE WEBSITES SELLING CLACK FLECK AND AUTOTROL.....NO CUSTOMER SERVICE....NO SERVICE OR INSTALLATION......NO NOTHING.........YOU THE END USER GO ON THERE AND CHOOSE WHAT YOU "THINK" IS BEST FOR YOUR HOME......PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER IN AND PAY THE SHIPPING TO "SAVE" A FEW BUCKS! WHAT DO YOU REALLY SAVE?

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION IS THIS...........YOU ARE IN THIS BUSINESS TO MAKE A PROFIT?

HOW CAN YOU SELL A PRODUCT THAT ANYONE WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE INTERNET.......SEE THE PRICES WHICH ARE LIKE $50-$150 MORE THAN YOUR PRICE AT CHARGER, NELSEN, OR WATTS........AND STILL COMPETE?

I JUST A FEW WEEKS BACK HAD A GUY WHO BICKERED WITH ME OVER PRICES.........AND FRANLY I DONT EVEN WANT A CUSTOMER LIKE THIS.......WENT ON THE INTERNET WITH ME ON THE PHONE.......AND TOLD ME HE COULD GET A CLACK UNIT WITH CARBON SENT TO HIS HOUSE FOR LIKE $550.......AND I ENDED UP SELLING HIM THAT SAME UNIT INSTALLED.......WHICH TOOK LIKE 4HRS......FOR $1250 DOLLARS OUT THE DOOR BECAUSE I HAVE KIDS TO FEED!

WITH THE INTERNET .........EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER IS A FREAKIN WATER TREATTMENT PHD NOWADAYS!

I SELL ECOWATER BECAUSE IM AN EXCLUSIVE DEALER WITH A PROTECTED TERRITORY AND CUSTOMERS CANNOT GO ONLINE AN ORDER IT BECAUSE ECOWATER WANTS IT INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY A PROFESSIONAL!

I SELL MY SYSTEMS FOR LESS THAN ANY ECO DEALER IN THE US!

I HAVE TO MAKE A PROFIT OR FOLD!

HOW MANY EMPLOYEES DO YOU HAVE? HOW MANY TRUCKS DO YOU HAVE ON THE ROAD? HOW MUCH IS THE BUILDINGS RENT WHERE YOUR OFFICE AND INVENTORY IS? I BET YOU GO PICK UP A UNIT THE DAY YOU SELL ONE AT CHARGER, WATTS, OR NELSEN AND CARRY NO INVENTORY.......NO EMPLOYEES...SELL THEM OUT OF YOUR HOUSE...

IM NOT A HANDYMAN ADN NEED TO MAKE MORE THAN A HUNDO OR 2 TO KEEP THIS ROLLING!

I HAVE HEARD OF DEALERS SELLING UNITS FOR $6995

IONICS (A DRESSED UP FLECK WITH A NASA STICKER ON IT), RAINSOFT, MOUNTAIN PEAK.......AND CON ARTISTS LIKE LIFESOURCE...(A FLECK UNIT WITH A STICKER ON IT AND A CHROME JACKET.....PEOPLE ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF DAILY AND YOU KNOW IT!

I LOVE FLECK AND CLACK..........THEY KEEP MY SERVICE DEPT BUSY WITH REBUILDS AND REBEDS......PISTONS AND SEALS......THEY GENERATE SERVICE REVENUE AND SALT DELIVERY......THE CLACK I PUT IN 3MO AGO USED A TANK 250LBS OF SALT IN 3MO........THE ECOWATER SYSTEM FROM (1996)I HAVE IN MY HOME HASNT NEEDED SALT IN A YEAR!
Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 09:47 pm
@Davethewaterdoctor,
Whoa Dave!! You sound as if you got gobs of overhead man. Talk about stress.

Me, I live in my motorhome with my wife and we travel around the country and as long as I have cell phone service and my internet connection for my lap top through the 3/4 meter satellite dish on the roof, I'm in business. My overhead is just below $500/month. Currently totally off grid enjoying the sun in a T shirt'n jeans in the SW AZ desert. It was in the 70s here today.

As you get older, you'll maybe mature and maybe see the light of future problems from all that stress. Ya need to chill out.

BTW, your caps LOCK key is stuck. And don't worry about me, I'm doing better than fine.
Andy CWS

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:53 am
@Davethewaterdoctor,
Davethewaterdoctor wrote:

ECOWATERR SYSTEMS NEVER BREAK DOWN OR HAVE WARRANTEE ISSUES!

I won't badmouth your selection of products and Ecowater is a very decent machine but that is a pretty bold claim, nonetheless. Perhaps you'd like to revise that.
Davethewaterdoctor

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:29 pm
@Andy CWS,
Ok Andy......EcoWater's 3500 series RARELY break down! Out of the 200 units i have sold in 2 years I (believe it or not) have had one that had a cracked disk! They are so easy to work on i can have it apart and back together in 10min flat!

There is a drive motor........Same as on a fleck 3900.......contrart to what people say on here that it is the same as a big box store brand motor, and a micro switch, and 2 teflon coated disks and thats it for moving parts.......the 3500 series is the only machine i even sell because ONLY authorized dealer can sell them!

THE ONLY REASON THAT ECOWATER PUTS THEM IN EVERY BIG BOX STORE IS THEY ARE A SMART COMPANY! WARREN BUFFETT ONLY BUYS COMPANIES THAT MAKE MONEY AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE!THEY DEVELOPED THE CHEAP VALVE AND TESTED IT AND IT WASNT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE SOLD AND SERVICED BY DEALERS SO INSTEAD OF SCRATCHING IT AND FORGETTING ABOUT IT TOTALLY, SOME MARKETING EXEC SAID......LETS LICENSE THESE OUT ON A PRIVATE LABEL BASIS AND PUT THEM IN EVERY BIG BOX STORE FOR ALL THE DO IT YOURSELFERS OUT THERE! DEALERS CAN SOMETIMES BE GREEDY AND OVERCHARGE FOR THEIR UNITS......AND BE LIMITED IN THE AMOUT THE COMPANY SELLS YEARLY. I DONT BUY 70,000 UNITS AT A TIME LIKE LOWES DOES NOR CAN I MAKE A $100 BUCKS ON A UNIT! I DONT HAVE 10,000 CUSTOMERS WALKING INTO MY STORE ON A SATURDAY!

Dont get me wrong.......im not a fanatic and rushing out to get the(eco) logo tattooed on my arm.......i was an installer first and have worked on EVERY machine out there!

iF A CUSTOMER TELLS ME THEY WANT A FLECK, CLACK OR AUTOTROL I WILL GO SCOOP ONE UP AT THE LOCAL SUPPLY HOUSE AND THROW ONE IN WITH A ONE YR WARRANTY AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS BUT I NEVER PUT MY STICKER ON IT! THEY DO GENERATE SERVICE REVENUE AND THAT WHY EVERY FORMER INSTALLER OR PLUMBER SELLS THEM! ANYONE CAN REPAIR THEM OR GET PARTS!

Do you sell KINETICO?
Andy CWS

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 08:08 am
@Davethewaterdoctor,
There you go...whew!
That is a little better. There is an Ecowater dealer near (30 miles) me and from what I gather the customers are pleased with product and service. We rarely replace but it has happened--one was a very tall unit 10x60--I think.

Actually, of all the competitor's ROs, I like the features of the Ecowater's with monitoring system as I am a bit of a gadget geek.

We also can any valve on the common market and use it if a customer insists or price range demands. I can agree that maintaining a brick-n-mortor business is very different than using the internet/catalog for customer service, etc. We deal mostly with Kinetico.

Where are located? Good luck in the new year.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
Davethewaterdoctor

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 08:30 am
@Andy CWS,
Thanks any for the kind words........business is tough right now! Gotta dig through old records and call upon old customers for filter changes and service revenue.

The monitoring system is pretty cool for the 3500 does both the softener/refiner and the NEW HERO375.....actually monitors the TDS and filter life.
Im not a Brand Basher like some of these ASSEMBLERS on here one thing i can say about kinetico is they do work and last a long time. But with ANY system.....its only as good as the company who installed it and are they gonna be around to service it and not RAPE the customer on pricing!

We are in Clearwater,FL............HENCE THE NAME!

I need to get in on this DROP SHIP website business model! LOWBALLWATER.COM or NAMEYOURPRICEWATER.COM......NO STOCK......NO CUST SERVICE.....NO NOTHING.......JUST PROFITS!
0 Replies

Davethewaterdoctor

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 09:00 am
@Gary Slusser,
Gary, You are livin the life! Overhead isnt killing me its the people who look at $400 softeners and then call me to ask for a price......I have to compete with my own supplier! Shoppers! You cant sell everybody! We all do this for success not for notoriety! Good luck in 2010