Democratic achievements in Congress

blueflame1

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 04:33 pm
Them 70 Dems seem to be the ones in touch with the majority of Americans. "Poll: Most Support Iraq Timetable
CBS/NYT Poll: 61% Say Congress Shouldn't Fund War Without Timetable For Withdrawal" link
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 04:45 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Them 70 Dems seem to be the ones in touch with the majority of Americans. "Poll: Most Support Iraq Timetable
CBS/NYT Poll: 61% Say Congress Shouldn't Fund War Without Timetable For Withdrawal" link

But we all know that congress WILL continue to fund the war.
The dems dont have the balls to cut off funding.
If they did,they already would have.

If the dems do cut off funding,they know that their collective political careers are over.
None of them will risk that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 04:55 pm
mysteryman wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

If the dems do cut off funding,they know that their collective political careers are over.

Why would their political careers be over? Explain in detail, plz.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:02 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Why would their political careers be over? Explain in detail, plz.

Cycloptichorn

If the dems are assinine enough to totally cut off the funding for the war,the repubs will make the case that EVERY US soldier that dies after that act will have died because the military couldnt get guns,bullets,armor,artillery,food,fuel and all of the other things an army needs to operate.

The repubs will make that case,and the general public will agree with it.

That will immediately make the dems look bad,and many of the dems that voted to cut off the funding will pay for it at the ballot box.

The dems dont want to risk that,thats why they dont have the balls to do what they keep threatening and cut off funding.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:05 pm
Well? And right now, you're calling them 'weak' for not falling in to that Republican trap.

You're trying to play it both ways, man. The Dems aren't weak for having failed to cut off the funds immediately; they are smart.

Only thing I would say is this:

Quote:

Partisan bs from you, sorry. The general public is tired of hearing republican lies. They've been deceived, insulted and marginalized by the Republican party for years now; that's why the next election will not be a pleasant one for you, friend.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:05 pm
so the repubs manipulate this to their advantqage, continuing a war that has no chance to accomplish anything but the death of more soldiers but in a glorious american way which makes it okay, and uses this to their political advantage to be the party that can keep america safe.

very decent and oh so on the moral high ground.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:10 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Well? And right now, you're calling them 'weak' for not falling in to that Republican trap.

You're trying to play it both ways, man. The Dems aren't weak for having failed to cut off the funds immediately; they are smart.

Only thing I would say is this:

Quote:

Partisan bs from you, sorry. The general public is tired of hearing republican lies. They've been deceived, insulted and marginalized by the Republican party for years now; that's why the next election will not be a pleasant one for you, friend.

Cycloptichorn

No,I am calling them "weak" for not doing what they think is the right thing.
They are more worried about their collective asses then about doing what they think is right.

That makes them weak.
I may not agree with most of what the dems say,but I will respect them if they do what they think is right,irregardless of the political cost.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:53 pm
Bull. You'll call them weak if they force an end to the war, and call them weak if they fail to do so. It's what you are doing right now.

Quote:
They are more worried about their collective asses then about doing what they think is right.

Have you considered that they don't think that cutting off the money is the right way to go about ending the war, but a last resort?

Do you realize that there likely is a wide variety of opinion amongst Dems on what the right thing to do is? There are quite a few of them to blanket accuse like that.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:27 pm
mysteryman, "If they did,they already would have". That's an absolute? What's weak at this point is not abandoning ship. You have so found yourself defending a losing position. 61% of Americans saying cut funds without a timetable is huge. You Bushie's have strongarmed the Dems with the argument that cutting off funds would turn the people against the Dems. And yes many Dems were somewhat scared of that argument. But it turns out your argument was not true or even close. The Dems are taking the heat for not cutting off funding. In other words you've lost the hearts and minds big time. You can browbeat the Dems for buying your false argument but being pols they'll put their fingers to the wind and go with the flow. The point you're missing is you've anchored yourself to the all time loser. Village idiot dont begin to describe the legacy.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:29 am
mysteryman wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

The Dems in congress cut the funds for the war in Nam, which got us out of there. Further, following this, the Reps took a beating at the polls.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:47 am
Here is another dem "accomplishment" that you on the left seem to be ignoring.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070719/NATION/70719001/1001

Quote:
Congressional Democrats today failed to include a provision in homeland security legislation that would protect the public from being sued for reporting suspicious behavior that may lead to a terrorist attack, according to House Republican leaders.

So now,if you report suspicious activity,you can be sued for it.
This came about because the "flying Imans" are sueing everybody associated with them being removed from the plane,including the other passengers that reported their behavior.

Of course,it can also be applied to mean that if you tell the police that you think your neighbor is running a meth lab,your neighbor can sue you for that.
If you lose you lose your house.

Somehow,it doesnt surprise me that the dems seem to want to punish people for reporting a possible crime or other suspicious activity.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 07:39 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Bull. You'll call them weak if they force an end to the war, and call them weak if they fail to do so. It's what you are doing right now.

Quote:

Have you considered that they don't think that cutting off the money is the right way to go about ending the war, but a last resort?

Do you realize that there likely is a wide variety of opinion amongst Dems on what the right thing to do is? There are quite a few of them to blanket accuse like that.

Cycloptichorn

You say I am wrong about the dems in Congress and cutting off funding?

Then how come you even said..

Quote:
Not surprising. The Republicans hate the Dem congress and the anti-war dems hate the dem congress, who are too cowardly to cut off the funding

THat can be found here...
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=98677

So,even you agree that the dems are to cowardly to cut off the funding.
Does that mean you agree that it should be cut off?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:52 pm
Anybody watching the democratic debates on CNN?
It's live
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 07:16 pm
I watched the first hour of the debate. I thought all the candidates did a great job. The country would be well served with any of them.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:33 pm
I'm a little radical. I liked the guy on the far left. I don't know his name.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:11 am
That is Mike Gravel. I like a lot of things he says, but he strikes me as being a bit nutty. I believe that he was a good senator.
0 Replies

Dghs48

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 12:07 pm
I have listened to the description of the earmarks that have been proposed, the objective of which is to buy the votes of the folks back home. It is clear that there is an unwritten rule...."you vote for my earmarks and I'll vote for yours". The hell with the taxpayer.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 12:18 pm
There will always be earmarks...but unless I'm mistaken there are way less of them this go around than the previous couple of years.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 05:04 pm
The Dems are getting a bad rap for not doing enough.

Can anyone tell me what more the Dems can do in view of Bush's vetoes, which can't be overriden?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 05:42 pm
Advocate wrote:
The Dems are getting a bad rap for not doing enough.

Can anyone tell me what more the Dems can do in view of Bush's vetoes, which can't be overriden?

Actually,they can be overridden.
The problem is Harry REid cant control his own people to get them to vote the way he wants to.
If members of his own party wont support him on the override votes,what does that say about him?
0 Replies