hel me 4 my homework plz!!

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 05:21 am
It took me all of three seconds to find out the answer. I went to Google, and typed in "recent volcanic activity". I got more information than you would ever need.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 05:23 am
So whatt you are saying is that achievement in problem solving and resource diving is useless? So why dont we continue merely spoon feeding our little larvae and theyll be living with us till theyre 40.

I have, in the past , helped kids who then just disappeared and didnt even acknowledge their learning (Im not asking for a thank you just some sort of communication that said the kids learned something). When I did complain, I got a PM from Timber who, in his usual style said something like "dont ya hate that?" Thats why he never got involved in doing homework for others.
"Its a sign of supreme laziness and an example of (someone's rule) the rule said that "NOTHING HAPPENS TILL A DEADLINE LOOMS"(Wish I could remember the name of that rule)

Whether homework helps or not , isnt the subject of massive reams of data against. We have one Masterd thesis that said something to the negative (hardly mountains of evidence).

I still have pizza nightmares that my dissertation was this thin volume of photographs of Mission Furniture painted in weird colors with a big colored geologic map showing where all these pieces of furniture came from , and I was presenting it to my committee for the first time. I still wake up screaming. Thats cause I was a professional procrastinator.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 05:27 am
farmerman wrote:
I was a professional procrastinator.

I know that feeling.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 06:11 am
Yep, the stuff that was due yesterday is still sitting on my desk!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 06:15 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
It took me all of three seconds to find out the answer. I went to Google, and typed in "recent volcanic activity". I got more information than you would ever need.

As I was typing my response to this thread last night, my daughter came into the office and said she needed to get online to get info on how the US tipped the scales in WWI. I typed 'US tipped scales WWI' into google and found a complete syllabus and teacher presentation materials for her exact text book. The internet is an amazing tool. I wonder what all those encyclopedia salesmen are doing these days?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 07:26 am
contrex wrote:
kickycan wrote:
It was just a question. Get over yourself.

Study the answer that I gave the original questioner. Carefully. Maybe you'll find our views are not so far apart.

Ah, now I see. It appeared that you were being condescending to me. My apologies.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look back, you WERE being condescending. I retract my apology, but still, I like what you did.
0 Replies

cutekatie15

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:59 am
i still have to look up the erruption and make a report about it and i tried google but it wouldnt give me the info on what i needed. but i still have an essay on the volcanoes so i will be doing research on my own...
0 Replies

malek

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 11:04 am
Good for you, katie. You'll learn a lot more by doing your own research.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 11:10 am
Hate to say it, but your spelling could be (part of) the problem.

Would you share what search terms you're using? Perhaps we can assist with those.

However, even entering "volcano erruptions recent" (without the quotes) on Google, the first site listed has a table listing volcanoes and their most recent eruption date (with satellite images, no less).
0 Replies

cutekatie15

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 11:18 am
thank you the ones that helped me

...Katie
0 Replies

cutekatie15

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 11:27 am
when i tried to google i put in "recent volcanic eruptions"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 11:43 am
My first hit on that is Update on Current Volcanic Activity.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:00 pm
what, cutie cake, were you getting exactly when you googled that?

When I did it, I tried a couple of the top sites, and found all the info I needed in one place on the 3rd try (the others gave it, but by clicking on other links).

I guess it took me a total of about 45 seconds.

How did you manage to find A2K, register, figure out how to navigate around here to start a topic, but are unable to find the info you need when you google "recent volcanic eruptions"?

It's a puzzlement. Confused
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:22 pm
(Chai, you are SO not helping...)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:27 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
(Chai, you are SO not helping...)

well god, when she googled "recent volcanic eruptions", what did she get? Recipes for marzipan bunnies?

I'll give you a hint cutie pie, when you find one of the sites, it's not going to say "Ok, here are the most recent volcanic eruptions" then just list them out.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:32 pm
Chaia - Do you have a good recipe for Marzipan Bunnies?

Would it be too much to ask you to provide it? I really don't feel like Googling it.

(Katie - I'm sure you're adorable. Keep up your studies and one day you can join the smartie pants here.) :wink:
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:38 pm
I typed "volcanic eruptions chronological" into Google, and got a list of pages.

Item No. 5. Global Volcanism Program | Volcanoes of the World

looked promising, since the summary said "Chronological listing"

This led to a page with a list including "Find a Volcano by Eruption Date".

Selecting February 2006 showed me 39 eruptions.

OK maybe "chronological" is a bit of a hard word these days.

Chop it off.

Now I get "4. Update on Current Volcanic Activity"

which leads to the Smithsonian's "Recent volcanic activity" list.

I mean, how hard is this stuff?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:52 pm
This is how able2know.com shows up on google -

Able2Know - Ask an Expert
Ask an expert at this highly regarded knowledge exchange where experts answer your questions for free. It is also known to feature intelligent discussions ...
www.able2know.com/ - 37k - Mar 19, 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

I think it is icky to make fun of people who come here and ask homework questions, though I think I used to do that too; I got over it. That doesn't mean I think we should just answer them right off, but help the questioner find the answer, including giving google entry words.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:52 pm
I smell major Passive Aggressive Personality Disorder in the making with our young scholar.

Note how those "in the know" are inching closer and closer to actually giving her the information she wants.

she: but I can't FIND it...
us: well, you can google
she: I diiiiiiiid, I can't fiiiiiiind it.....
us: well, the first three sites we found had that info.
she: I caaaaaaaaaan't.....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:55 pm
ossobuco wrote:
This is how able2know.com shows up on google -

Able2Know - Ask an Expert
Ask an expert at this highly regarded knowledge exchange where experts answer your questions for free. It is also known to feature intelligent discussions ...
www.able2know.com/ - 37k - Mar 19, 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

I think it is icky to make fun of people who come here and ask homework questions, though I think I used to do that too; I got over it. That doesn't mean I think we should just answer them right off, but help the questioner find the answer, including giving google entry words.

I'm not saying one can't find A2K osso.

But the process of registering, creating an account, looking for the correct forum, posting and replying is a lot more time consuming and harder than googling what she said she googled.

Serious katie...What came up when you googled recent volcanic eruptions?

It had to be the same thing DrewDad got, and he found the answer, as well as I in an instant.
0 Replies