Masturbation and God

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:33 pm
Run 4 fun wrote:
I notice lots of negative response to what Danielle said about lust. What Jesus said was that anyone who looks at a woman (or man) lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. It is connected to the fact that if you hate someone you have murdered them in your heart. That's to say, if there were not consequences and whoever is the object of your lust would cooperate, you would have adultery with them. That's what Danielle meant about lust and adultery.

Lip stick? Frozen banana? Question Confused Question

Negative to who? Danielle? I think almost everyone here (cept you of course) has been supportive of her and telling her she isn't going to burn in hell.

Hating someone doesn't mean you murder them in your heart; that has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If the person you lust after cooperates, how does that constitute adultery? Adultery is "cheating" on a spouse. 2 consenting adults who are not married to other people does not constitue adultery.

Now all of mankind are rapists AND murderers.
0 Replies

Run 4 fun

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 04:58 pm
Slappy, I do not live a life of fear. "For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" and "Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written, FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED. 37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." I do not live in fear of anyone, but only in reverence to God. You will have to argue for the validity of your comment about the Bible being fictional.

Francis, she is a Christian and asked about the Christian view of masturbation. I did my best to give her some honest feedback to help.

No, negative to the whole idea about the connection of lust and fornication in your heart. Fornication works the same in the lustful context, so not being married doesn't let you off the hook. I have not told Danielle she will burn in hell and never said anything even close to that. Christ calls us to holiness, which means we are in battle with sin all the time. I'm supporting her as a brother in Christ. When Christ is our Lord, then our hearts are set on what the Holy Spirit desires. That is why it is written, "Faith without works is dead." and "How can a bad tree bring forth good fruit?"

Yes! And that's just it! Mankind is depraved and sinful and in desperate need of God's mercy through the only savior, Jesus Christ.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 05:18 pm
You would make one hell of an "annoying religious guy who knocks door to door."
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:00 pm
I once had two youthful Jejovas Winess girls show up at my door. First I wanred them about going around to strange homes and soliciting people they don't know. They informed me their parents were making them do it. Then I told them Jesus is a load of bull ****. They laughed and gave me the Watchtower. I didn't tak with them about masturbation but I will next time...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:26 pm
Run 4 fun wrote:
Slappy, I do not live a life of fear. "For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" and "Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written, FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED. 37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." I do not live in fear of anyone, but only in reverence to God. You will have to argue for the validity of your comment about the Bible being fictional.

Francis, she is a Christian and asked about the Christian view of masturbation. I did my best to give her some honest feedback to help.

No, negative to the whole idea about the connection of lust and fornication in your heart. Fornication works the same in the lustful context, so not being married doesn't let you off the hook. I have not told Danielle she will burn in hell and never said anything even close to that. Christ calls us to holiness, which means we are in battle with sin all the time. I'm supporting her as a brother in Christ. When Christ is our Lord, then our hearts are set on what the Holy Spirit desires. That is why it is written, "Faith without works is dead." and "How can a bad tree bring forth good fruit?"

Yes! And that's just it! Mankind is depraved and sinful and in desperate need of God's mercy through the only savior, Jesus Christ.

There is absolutely no commandment in the bible about masturbation
itself. Everything you're saying is your interpretation.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:30 pm
every time a jehovahs witness or some other door to door cult salesman comes to my door I immediately invite them in and then tell them I want to hear all about their God and then i want to talk to them about my God Lord Satan.... I'm no Satanist at all but it sure gets them out of my house damn quick... :wink:
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:47 pm
"Thou shalt not wank ones wand nor twiddle ones puss for it shall offendeth thy God": Leviticus 6:56 or something.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 01:18 am
I note that Danielle didn't come back. Maybe she is busy...onanizing herself?
0 Replies

rockpie

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:29 am
as a Christian, i believe that masturbation isn't totally wrong, it's better to relieve lust in that way than to actually have sex with the person. it's a natural part of growing up. i don't think i've met anybody that has said they've never even considered it. try to avoid it when possible. the longer you resist, the easier it will become to stop. pray, read, ask others, God will not love you less no matter what you decide.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 06:45 am
Danniellejean:

Ive read a little of a few of your threads. May I ask where your christian influence came from?

Your experience makes me think of a case study I read about in 'The Road Less Travelled.' A woman had been brought up as a strict catholic, and then she married into a sexless marrage. Because she was not being satisfied by her husband, her eyes began to wander, and she began to think about sex constantly. Because of her strict upbringing she felt immense guilt at this 'sin' and to compensate started to pray more. Yet still the desire went on, and winded up with her going insane.

My suggestion is that the problem is not with your lust.
(many women have very high sex drives, it's natural, its the way you are, its no different to having brown eyes or big breasts or anything. It is most definately not evil)
I think the problem is how you view your lust. You are worried if it is wrong, you feel guilty about it, and this leads to depression and self-revoltion.

In the case I mentioned earlier, the net result was that with therapy, the woman got better. It turned out that deep down, she didn't believe in god. When she accepted this fact, and got rid of all the religious baggage that she had inherited from her mother, all the guilt of being a sexual being passed. She was able to enjoy a healthy sexual relationship, and had kids I think.

Im not saying that should not be a christian, and im certainly not saying christianity is wrong. But if it makes you feel like this (e.g. your I hate myslef and want to die thread) then maybe it isn't right for you.
You may find that once you are happy with your sexuality and are not viewing your sex drive as wrong, then your sex drive will reduce.

Hope this helps, pq xxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 07:41 am
Run 4 fun wrote:

And God created this depraved, sinful bunch so that makes God imperfect, right?

Why would he create such a horrible lot? Setting us up for failure? That doesn't sound very nice.

I am a good person who will (yes I am sure) go to heaven when I die. And I don't believe the load of bull you're peddling.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 09:48 am
Bella masturbates! Such a shocker!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 10:23 am
NickFun wrote:
Bella masturbates! Such a shocker!!!

Shocked

I do?

:wink:
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 10:26 am
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/morristk/shocker.jpg
0 Replies

Run 4 fun

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 07:45 am
God gave us free will, because there can be no love if it is forced. Rather we rebelled against God and sinned, but even still, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us so that we may not be separated from his love. Now we can choose to accept God's forgiveness and turning from our wickedness to loving Him.

How do you know you are going to heaven? How do you know you are a good person? What makes a good person?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 08:00 am
Run 4 fun wrote:
What makes a good person?

Certainly not trying to cram religion down the throats of the unwilling...

(Thank you Edgar..)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 10:20 am
I agree! A good person is not defined by believing in God and quotes
from the bible.

I have seen far more Christians being intolerant misanthropes while easing
their conscience in church.

Helping others, showing compassion, and being understanding for their needs, defines a good person - not a sermon wiggling Christian.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 10:22 am
How many here consider themselves to be "good" but also masturbate?

I need a show of left hands.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 10:25 am
squinney wrote:
How many here consider themselves to be "good" but also masturbate?

I need a show of left hands.

Wait, let me put down this bottle of Crisco.

If quoting the greatest work of fiction and peddling religious beliefs makes you a good person, then there's a ton of great people who are murders and rapists. But hey, they found God, so it's all good.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 10:29 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Wait, let me put down this bottle of Crisco.

My gawd, you cheapskate! Can't you at least use the good LDH olive oil.
0 Replies