Masturbation and God

Wilso

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 04:25 pm
spendius wrote:
I can give at least three perfectly logical reasons why masturbation is bad for a person. Nay four. No five.

The easiest is who would want to be doing something which has such a horrible label attached to it.

Then it weakens the energies of both mind and body.

The others I will refrain from discussing.

Justifying it boils down to self complacency.

Suddenly, you make sense. No wonder you're such a screwed up nut job.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 05:34 pm
I can't be arsed to read sixteen pages, so what's the scoop? Did you guys figure out if God beats his meat?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 05:40 pm
Bella Dea, it's not even stupid.
0 Replies

Run 4 fun

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 05:49 pm
Yes , Bella, please share with us your "logical" reasons. I haven't heard any so far.
0 Replies

Extropy

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 07:11 pm
Quote:
I can give at least three perfectly logical reasons why masturbation is bad for a person. Nay four. No five.

The easiest is who would want to be doing something which has such a horrible label attached to it.

Then it weakens the energies of both mind and body.

The others I will refrain from discussing.

First of all, you must define "bad." If you mean bad as in "detrimental to a specific purpose," then I would agree that it is such. It wastes time like watching TV, and weakens the energies of both mind and body. The question is "why this is worse than television?"
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 05:24 am
We've already said loads of logical reasons:
enjoyment, gratification, it's not hurting anyone, it's natural (monkeys do it) and as Daniellejean said, it's something she likes to do.
There's not even any concrete bible 'proof' that condemns it as wrong.

I think that because of their beliefs some christians see 'base instincts' as wrong, and so they try to deny themselves. Instincts are seen as 'animal like,' something to avoid, because God set humans apart from animals.
This could be where the 'horrid label' comes from.

I don't see masturbation as 'wrong' but it's definitely in a catergory that isn't socially acceptable. You wouldn't do it in the street. Well, you might, but then you'd get arrested.
There's loads of things similar to masturbation that we all do when we are alone, but because of the 'horrid label' we might not do in society.
eg.
picking your nose
farting
picking a massive scab on your arm
scratching your butt
peeing in the shower
stripping naked and walking around in a swimming pool changing room (although that might just be a brittish taboo)
etc etc

I don't see those things mentioned in the Bible. We haven't got a 'Farting and God' forum up and running, have we?
So, I suppose my point is, that I see masturbation as something that's not wrong, but not socially acceptable.
And I am suggesting that maybe this stems from the christian/catholic view of sex being something 'dirty.'
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:34 am
Run 4 fun wrote:
Yes , Bella, please share with us your "logical" reasons. I haven't heard any so far.

The most logical reason for it is that there are no logical reasons against it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:35 am
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

And I am suggesting that maybe this stems from the christian/catholic view of sex being something 'dirty.'

**clapping**

Yes!!!!!!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:40 am
This morning, I saw the Virgin Mary's image in my splooge on my stomach. I freeze-dried it, and it's going on Ebay. I will keep you all updated.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 08:03 am
This should answer the question once nd for all: http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s3i16693
0 Replies

Run 4 fun

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:19 pm
Unproven premises:

1) You should do whatever bring you gratification.

2) You should do it as long as it's enjoyable.

3) If it doesn't hurt anyone else, then it is automatically fine.

4) It does not hurt anyone else.

5) We should do whatever is natural (lets chase each other down and mutilate each other in the street for food).

6) We should do whatever we like to do.

Your "logical" arguments don't hold water until you prove your premises.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:27 pm
The problem with religious people is that they always try to put their nose into your life.

Those premises are very personal and don't need to be proven.
0 Replies

Run 4 fun

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 03:32 pm
By the way, neither I nor any of the mature Christians I know think that sex is 'dirty'. God has certainly given us a wonderful thing and it is a blessing. He also gave us some guidelines so that we would get the greatest blessing out of it, rather than abuse it, and it become rebellion. Wrong use of a good thing is just that: wrong.

You may not agree with me on the main part of this, but it's just to show that we don't view sex as 'dirty'.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 07:11 pm
Every one of us is the end result of a sexual act! If not for naked ladies none of us would ever have been born! Run 4 Fun have you ever masturbated? I certainly have. And every human being I know has.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 12:36 am
As long as Run4Fun wakes up next to a strapping young negro that has arms like Kobe and an ill-fitting blond wig, it's all good as long as his thoughts are pure while touching himself with his right while his left is tickling his bag.

Or something like that.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 05:48 am
Run 4 Fun. You only don't think it's dirty if it's inside a marriage. I said that.
You commented earlier you didn't like the crude jokes people were making....

It's not natural for me to mutilate people in the street for food. I have food in my cupboard. Mutilating people seems a bit too much effort.

I can't 'prove' those premises. There is no way you could 'prove them' I can't do an equation or a sum and then have the answer. And you can't do a sum to prove them wrong either.
I don't even agree with them, I never said anything like that:
'you should do whatever brings you gratification.'
I never said that. You know what I mean. Dont change what I said just to give yourself the leg up on the argument.
0 Replies

LEENA

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:30 am
By the way Daniellejean, you're not the first one who feels a connection to God while having an Orgasm.
There was a whole 'religous' group who used to have this belief. The only difference was that they preferred sex instead of masturbating. Smile

Read 'The Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown -- a novel that will tell you all about that cult you need to know and about their practices and beliefs.

the cult's name, by the way, is The Priori of Sion.
They believe(d) in The Sacred Faminine........the rest you'll know.

Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with masturbating if you're comfortable with it and it's not hurting anyone in any way.....even if you relate it to God...........as long as you are not imposing your believes on others like 'some people'. :wink:
0 Replies

bungie

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 02:50 pm
AMA statement

http://tinyurl.com/27bllm
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 03:28 am
lol, bungie, I love it.

Ummm, Im sure there have been lots of cults and religions that use the power of an orgasm to relate to God. Im not sure you should actualy believe the Da Vinci Code though, it's fiction.

I think feeling close to go god during orgasm is a psycological thing. My orgasms are fine without God.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 03:31 am
So, just guess what your orgasms would be with God! Twisted Evil
0 Replies