How long will christians take this???

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:44 am
Re: How long will christians take this???
bretter wrote:
i am tired of this same old crap. people constantly look to christians for advice. but it seems almost anything you see today on television or read in magazines is either publicizing events that do not go along with christian beliefs. or they are bashing christians. like the t.v show family guy. it constantly shows Jesus and god in bars. in bed with woman. and shows them acting like thusgs. i ask how long will us christians take this. Mad

"But know this, that in the last days, perilous times will come: For men will become lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." ~ 2 Timothy 3:1-4
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 05:43 am
Where you been, girl?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:44 am
bretter wrote:
i ask how long will us christians take this. Mad

Until you get off your whiney ass and do something about it. Take up arms for Jesus and become a soldier for Christ.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:45 am
Arella Mae wrote:
bretter wrote:
i am tired of this same old crap. people constantly look to christians for advice. but it seems almost anything you see today on television or read in magazines is either publicizing events that do not go along with christian beliefs. or they are bashing christians. like the t.v show family guy. it constantly shows Jesus and god in bars. in bed with woman. and shows them acting like thusgs. i ask how long will us christians take this. Mad

"But know this, that in the last days, perilous times will come: For men will become lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." ~ 2 Timothy 3:1-4

So I take it you're part of the 50% that thinks Jesus will return in your lifetime?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:20 am
Cyracuz wrote:
snood

It's ok. We're sent by god to test your faith. Just last week I sent back my monthly rapport, and I told him you're holding up.

now that's a quotable quote Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 02:00 pm
I see bretter has tucked his tail between his legs and scurried off. . . .
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 04:59 pm
farmerman wrote:
tycoon
Quote:
Jesus walked on water.

Therefore, God exists.
, or else it means that Jesus has an overall density <1.000 at STP

Winner. Best reply ever!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:15 pm
snood wrote:
Where you been, girl?

Hey Snood! So happy to see you! I have been around and very busy. I'll pm ya and let ya in on it. Great to see you!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:17 pm
maporsche wrote:
So I take it you're part of the 50% that thinks Jesus will return in your lifetime?

No matter how you look at it, we are always in the end times, as every single day draws us closer and closer to them. But, yes, I am one that believes I will see it happen and I'm ready!!!!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:23 pm
Whether it is in our terrestrial lifetime or our celestrial lifetime. Some, including me, believe it will happen.

Cool
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:18 pm
Hey Intrepid! Always good to see you? Where's Kirk?
0 Replies

Run 4 fun

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:41 pm
As long as people despise the Lord and all that is good, wholesome, and edifying, we will get this kind of programming. It's up to Christians to respond with the love and holiness that Christ would, hating sin and looking for the salvation of the unsaved.

On the bright side, the Christian themed movie market seems to be going somewhere! Very Happy
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 09:17 pm
Yes, christians hate sin, and take it out on "sinners". Gay people, for instance.

And I, for one, do not despise all that is good, although I have a strong dislike towards those who claim a monopoly on knowing what it is.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 09:48 pm
Run 4 fun wrote:
As long as people despise the Lord and all that is good,

See what you did there? Implying those that "despise" your lord also despise all that is good?

I don't actually know of anyone who despises your lord, and who on earth would despise all that is good?

Realising that your "lord" is all in your head is hardly cause for assuming "despite" on anyone's part but yours.
0 Replies

Cobbler

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 09:55 pm
bretter wrote:

"Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:18

"Be alert. If you see your friend going wrong, correct him. If he responds, forgive him. Even if it's personal against you and repeated seven times through the day, and seven times he says, 'I'm sorry, I won't do it again,' forgive him." - Luke 17:3-4

"In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing." -Philippians 2:14

"Don't grumble about each other, my brothers and sisters, or God will judge you..." -James 5:9
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:47 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Yes, christians hate sin, and take it out on "sinners". Gay people, for instance.

And I, for one, do not despise all that is good, although I have a strong dislike towards those who claim a monopoly on knowing what it is.

Perhaps it would be a bit fairer to say "some" Christians? We are to hate the sin, but love the sinner. If anyone is doing it differently than that, they are in error according to the Bible. I certainly do not claim to have a monopoly on knowing what sin is, however; God does and He tells us exactly what sin is in the Bible
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 06:04 am
Perhaps, Arella. I've met christians that are nice people too.. :wink:

As I see it, there are two kinds of christians. There are those who read their scriptures and try to live by them in a honest attempt to become better men and women and and uphold christian values, which are, at the heart of them, basic human values.

Then there are those who "climb on the cross of Jesus", pointing their fingers at all they percieve as filth, only to elevate themselves above the masses of unbelievers who are not worthy. The kind that exclude gay people because they think they are sinfl etc..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 10:01 am
Arella Mae wrote:
I certainly do not claim to have a monopoly on knowing what sin is, however; God does and He tells us exactly what sin is in the Bible[/color]

I can think of few things more ludicrous, or hilarious, than the contention that the bobble tells anything exactly. It is precisely because scripture--whether the bobble, or any other example--is predictably ambiguous that there are many, many religions, and many, many sects within each major religious confession. It is always a cottage industry to argue just what scripture means, and to determine whom we are to hate today.
0 Replies

Run 4 fun

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 03:22 pm
Sin and Satan are the two things we are to hate. We are sinners ourselves, but have been saved from the power of sin and death! That is why we call on the unsaved to repent and must battle our own sins at the same time but with the help of the Spirit. If we didn't love the sinner, then we would not be trying to save them. I only wish there was more I could do, but they have to accept Christ for themself.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 04:02 pm
Run 4 fun wrote:
Sin and Satan are the two things we are to hate. We are sinners ourselves, but have been saved from the power of sin and death! That is why we call on the unsaved to repent and must battle our own sins at the same time but with the help of the Spirit. If we didn't love the sinner, then we would not be trying to save them. I only wish there was more I could do, but they have to accept Christ for themself.

Please stop trying to 'save' me........your 'saving' has killed millions.
0 Replies