How long will christians take this???

djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 05:54 pm
tessxyz wrote:
Quote:
people constantly look to christians for advice.

Do they?

i kinda wondered about that myself
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 06:26 pm
Somebody should start a "ASK A CHRISTIAN" thread, subtitle
"we may not know anything but that never stopped us before"
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 04:28 pm
farmerman... LOL

The earth is flat. Therefore God exists.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 05:27 pm
djjd62 wrote:
tessxyz wrote:
Quote:
people constantly look to christians for advice.

Do they?

i kinda wondered about that myself

I think he meant that people constantly receive advice from christians. It almost the same thing.

Irrational thinking exists. Therefore gods exist.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 05:33 pm
How about, everything happened by mere chance therefore God does not exist.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 05:36 pm
Quote:
I think he meant that people constantly receive advice from christians. It almost the same thing.

Is it now...

*Looking for it, and then suddenly a christian jumps into my field of view shaking his finger*
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 05:40 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Is it now...

*Looking for it, and then suddenly a christian jumps into my field of view shaking his finger*

I forgot to broadcast a sarcasm warning !! :wink:
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 06:27 pm
Yes you did. But I understood it anyway, knowing something of where you stand in these matters... Smile
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 07:06 pm
Hey bretter,
If you're still about...
You'll find that many seem to read the Spirituality and Religion forum particularly in search for something to ridicule. And you'll find it impossible to discourage them from doing so. Don't let it suck you into their negativity, and don't be distracted by their condescension. I for one would like to hear more about what you think of the role of christians in the world. Feel free to PM me if you hang around here long enough to get that privilege.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 07:12 pm
snood

It's ok. We're sent by god to test your faith. Just last week I sent back my monthly rapport, and I told him you're holding up.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 07:17 pm
sometimes i do feel bad, i wish i had some deeply held belief that others could mock
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 07:28 pm
snood wrote:
Hey bretter,
If you're still about...
You'll find that many seem to read the Spirituality and Religion forum particularly in search for something to ridicule. And you'll find it impossible to discourage them from doing so. Don't let it suck you into their negativity, and don't be distracted by their condescension. I for one would like to hear more about what you think of the role of christians in the world. Feel free to PM me if you hang around here long enough to get that privilege.

Negativity and condescension?

Hey, you guys started it with all those "Thou Shalt Not's" and "Holier Than Thou's"

Seriously, most religion is fundamentally a negative approach to life....one that values an imaginary after-life at life's expense.

As for condescension, where do you wanna start? The christian bible, the church and the deity it pretends to represent are by definition condescending.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 07:33 pm
During my one year mandatory millitary service I shared a room with a bonafide christian. He was the most condescending, gleeful bastard I've ever met. Still, we were nice to him. :wink:
0 Replies

tessxyz

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:00 pm
Quote:
You'll find that many seem to read the Spirituality and Religion forum particularly in search for something to ridicule.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:09 pm
Quote:

That's true. And apart from muslim countries there is one particular nation who's politicians do this more than anyone else, and it is, believe it or not, the USA.
0 Replies

tessxyz

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:15 pm
could not agree more. But what should we individuals do about it?
I don't know but I am sick by saying this!
0 Replies

tessxyz

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:16 pm
Quote:
muslim countries

and I am also fed up, with the way they go about it.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:22 pm
Quote:
could not agree more. But what should we individuals do about it?

A start is to ignore all politicians who use religion to gain votes. Here in Norway it is generally accepted that politics and religion don't belong together, even though a majority of the population are personally religious, mostly protestant christians. Any politician who seeks to gain followers by talking about god and what god has decreed is committing career suicide.

A statement such as "with god on our side" would never fly here, nor anywhere else in Europe as far as I know.
0 Replies

tessxyz

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:25 pm
Quote:
nor anywhere else in Europe as far as I know.

So tell me , what drive us in Europe to vote? We exchanged god for $ opps sorry EURO.
0 Replies

tessxyz

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:29 pm
Bush uses God very little but his influence lies with Americans having one faith above GOD i.e. $. The rest is just propaganda.
0 Replies