Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:33 am
Nimh, where do you think this is going? An admission that she is wrong?

Yap yap yap yap!

Yappity yap!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:40 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Yap yap yap yap!

Yappity yap!

Cycloptichorn

Good boy. Yep, bravely piling on again when you have the pack to protect you. Oh well, you'll grow up eventually. But, wrong about what? Give me the statement I said that is being disputed here. If I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:42 am
nimh wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
I didn't check out all the quotes as attributed to people. But I do wonder if Alan Viard actually did say what is attributed to him by the LA Times and on the blogs

LA Times and blogs? What are you talking about?

The first article is from the Washington Post, the second is from an article in The New Republic. I included the links.

Foxfyre wrote:
especially if we could see the quote in context.

This is the quote in context in the WaPo's article:

Quote:
Bush hailed the dwindling deficit as a direct result of "pro-growth economic policies," particularly huge tax cuts enacted during his first term. "Tax relief fuels economic growth. And growth -- when the economy grows, more tax revenues come to Washington. And that's what's happened," Bush said.

Economists said Bush was claiming credit where little is due. The economy has grown and tax receipts have risen at historic rates over the past two years, but the Bush tax cuts played a small role in that process, they said, and cost the Treasury more in lost taxes than it gained from the resulting economic stimulus.

"Federal revenue is lower today than it would have been without the tax cuts. There's really no dispute among economists about that," said Alan D. Viard, a former Bush White House economist now at the nonpartisan American Enterprise Institute. "It's logically possible" that a tax cut could spur sufficient economic growth to pay for itself, Viard said. "But there's no evidence that these tax cuts would come anywhere close to that."

After that the article moves on to the findings of the Congressional Research Service.

In fact, that's the take I'd pay greater attention to than to Viard's in the first place - we're talking about economists at the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office and in the Treasury Department doing an analysis of Treasury data here. And finding that "economic growth fueled by the cuts is likely to generate revenue worth about 7 percent of the total cost of the cuts".

I wasn't talking about anything other than what appeared to not be consistent with other stuff I've read from Viard. Maybe that is his point of view. He certainly would not be alone in it. It just seems odd when it is so contrary to the general consensus among the economists at the AEI. But I honestly don't know.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:42 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Yap yap yap yap!

Yappity yap!

Cycloptichorn

Good boy. Yep, bravely piling on again when you have the pack to protect you. Oh well, you'll grow up eventually. But, wrong about what? Give me the statement I said that is being disputed here. If I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong.

I need noone to protect me from the likes of you, Foxfyre. You are an entertaining diversion to my day and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:06 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Yap yap yap yap!

Yappity yap!

Cycloptichorn

I need noone to protect me from the likes of you, Foxfyre. You are an entertaining diversion to my day and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it!

Cycloptichorn

I would simply hate to have so little going for me and have so little to say that I had to try to put people down just to get noticed. Doesn't that embarrass you at all?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:13 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Yap yap yap yap!

Yappity yap!

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

I would simply hate to have so little going for me and have so little to say that I had to try to ridicule or put people down just to get noticed. Doesn't that embarrass you at all?

Well, you have it backwards; I don't really care about getting noticed by anyone. Productive conversation, for me, has never been a challenge or difficult task on A2K. So your attempt to paint me as someone who is looking to 'get noticed' falls a little flat.

I think your mistake is that you can't see the intrinsic value of my challenging your foolishness through ridicule, once you've retreated from any semblance of logic. You refuse to have conversations in which opinions and facts other than the ones you hold are valid; therefore, there is zero reason to treat you as if you were a serious, productive member of A2K. You don't add value.

Instead, you act like a petulant child; therefore, I treat you as one. You are of course free to respond or not as you see fit. But I've noticed that you really do have a tendency to respond to posts which you claim you are above responding to; I think this is mostly because the criticisms really do get to you.

Perhaps you should consider modifying your posting style and behavior; at some point it must occur to you that years of criticisms probably do hold some truth in them. Though I must admit that it would make my day a little bit darker, not being able to point out your logical flaws and then make fun of you for retreating and circling the wagons constantly.

I'm not embarrassed at all. I'd be more embarrassed if I didn't have the guts to treat you as your actions merit.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:20 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Yap yap yap yap!

Yappity yap!

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

I would simply hate to have so little going for me and have so little to say that I had to try to ridicule or put people down just to get noticed. Doesn't that embarrass you at all?

Well, you have it backwards; I don't really care about getting noticed by anyone. Productive conversation, for me, has never been a challenge or difficult task on A2K. So your attempt to paint me as someone who is looking to 'get noticed' falls a little flat.

I think your mistake is that you can't see the intrinsic value of my challenging your foolishness through ridicule, once you've retreated from any semblance of logic. You refuse to have conversations in which opinions and facts other than the ones you hold are valid; therefore, there is zero reason to treat you as if you were a serious, productive member of A2K. You don't add value.

Instead, you act like a petulant child; therefore, I treat you as one. You are of course free to respond or not as you see fit. But I've noticed that you really do have a tendency to respond to posts which you claim you are above responding to; I think this is mostly because the criticisms really do get to you.

Perhaps you should consider modifying your posting style and behavior; at some point it must occur to you that years of criticisms probably do hold some truth in them. Though I must admit that it would make my day a little bit darker, not being able to point out your logical flaws and then make fun of you for retreating and circling the wagons constantly.

I'm not embarrassed at all. I'd be more embarrassed if I didn't have the guts to treat you as your actions merit.

Cycloptichorn

And I think you are incapable of seeing how utterly ridiculous statements like this make you look. But it's okay. You'll grow out of it. Just hang in there. Meanwhile, if you insist on dong ad hominem posts rather than participating in discussions, I'll just put you back on my trolls, idiots, and exercises in futility list. I had hoped you had learned a degree of maturity. Apparently not.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:27 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Yap yap yap yap!

Yappity yap!

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

And I think you are incapable of seeing how utterly ridiculous statements like this make you look. But it's okay. You'll grow out of it. Just hang in there. Meanwhile, if you insist on dong ad hominem posts rather than participating in discussions, I'll just put you back on my trolls, idiots, and exercises in futility list. I had hoped you had learned a degree of maturity. Apparently not.

BS. You never took me off of any list. You respond because you can't help yourself, and you can't not have the last word in any argument.

I don't give a fig about how I look. I'm not on A2K to make friends and influence people, I'm here for myself. Period. And ask yourself: would I want advice on how to act from one of the worst posters here? You're not a troll, but you don't post intelligently and then you get angry and defensive when called on it. There's a great model for me to follow.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 02:45 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
The economy is great and there is no indication that it will not continue to be great. No amount of unlinked, unspported, unsubstantiated, distorted, cherry picked, and/or manufactured or made up spam from years ago can change that. Such only makes the spammer look more and more foolish as well as rude and inconsiderate and clueless and probably in violation of TOS.

CNN

Quote:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks slumped Tuesday, with the Dow losing over 240 points, as worries about subprime lending, the economy and the weak dollar sparked the second-worst selloff of the year.

Apparently investors don't share Fox's immense genius when it comes to judging how well our economy is doing.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 02:50 pm
According to government reports and statistics, Most Americans are worse off today than they were before Bush took over the white house.

That includes over six million Americans who lost health insurance during the past six years, consumer debt at their highest level, and mortgage defaults are on the increase.

Yeah, everything in our economy is hunky-dory.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 02:55 pm
Our economy is doing so well under Bush, the stock market has been stagnant since he took over the white house.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/_dji.png

Look what was happening before Bush; steady and upward.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 08:26 pm
I'm not sure why the democrats are asking for the resignation of Gonzales. Seems most of the problems would disappear if they impeached Bush. No Libby pardon, and we can begin the downsizing of our troops in the war zone of Iraq to satisfy the wishes of the American People

Bush will probably end up giving Gonzales the medal of freedom.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 09:53 pm
The impeachment of Bush and Cheney is too difficult and time consuming. The thing to do now is to get rid of that little POS Alberto.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 10:22 pm
I just like the idea of the impeachment against Bush and Cheney, because that'll top off their legacy as one of the worst in American history. Besides, the democratic congress isn't accomplishing much in the way of satisfying the American People, after they got control of congress.

The impeachment will serve two purposes; 1) get rid of Bush and Cheney, and 2) future presidents will think twice before they run roughshod on our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Actually three; 3) it'll make future presidents more careful before they start a war.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 12:03 am
Well said, c.i.

Satire is good in a democracy: we've still got that, just about. I mean, it hasn't quite been banned yet. Over here, we can see the Jon Stewart Daily Show a day later that you in the US. His show on Monday 12th March was amusing about the impact Mr Bush's campaign in South America and the antics of the demonstrators against his presence there.

Fascist, Nazi, was a recurring theme. Hearts and minds seem to be lagging a bit.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 06:33 am
McTag wrote:
Well said, c.i. .......... Hearts and minds seem to be lagging a bit.

Aye.

It's that dreaded faux patriotism.

If you really love your country, you wouldn't allow some greedy rich slugs to change your laws at the draw of a ball-point pen.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 06:47 am
Would it be possible to impeach both Cheney and Bush? If not, it might not be worth it to impeach bush. In my opinion, they more than have the grounds with just this latest horrible thing with the firing of the attorneys for political reasons. Also it would serve all the counts CI listed and would prevent an Iran war. This congress is wimpy though, I doubt they have the guts to do anything other than just talk.

I am so disgusted with this bunch that I don't hardly even care defend my position, just wanted to put it out there that I finally have had enough and am ready to support an impeachment. (Not that I think anyone is holding their breath on what I support, just wanted to state it.)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 08:30 am
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 09:05 am
Foxfyre wrote:

yes indeed Clinton fired the whole lot of them and then lied to congress about his motivation for doing so, liberals are such lying bastards.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 09:09 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I bet you didn't have any problem with Clinton firing ALL but one of the U.S. attorneys when he came into office, including the one investigating his and Hillary's Whitewater scandal. That attorney was replaced by one of Hillary's law students and a devout Democrat as I recall.

Where was the outrage then? Where were the calls for impeachment or for Janet Reno to be fired?

George Bush retained most of Clinton appointees. And you can be sure that if he had not fired a few incompetents among the large US attorney system, he would be criticized and condemned for that as well. And as far as we know, none of those were investigating anybody in the administration or presenting a political problem to the administration.

But Clinton good. Bush bad. Yeah, that's the way it is.

Fox, every president replaces the US attorneys when they take office. The timing of how they do it is up to them.

You're right that I wasn't outraged over Clinton's firing of the prosecutor investigating him; but then, I was 13 years old at the time and more concerned with girls and the starting lineup for the Astros.

It isn't about retaining or firing political appointees; it's about the fact that these US attorneys are more than just appointees, they aren't just staffing a desk somewhere, quietly changing environmental reports and quashing studies they don't like. They are the highest law enforcement officials in their area. Their work is important. They should not be perverted into tools which support political prosecutions against members of the opposite party. That's why these US attorneys were fired, yaknow; either they were looking too close at Republicans, or not enough at Democrats. And yaknow what? That's not a good enough reason to fire them.

What does it say about modern Republicans, that the only standard that they cling to is legality? There no longer exists any definition of 'wrong' other than being in legal jeopardy. It's pathetic how far the supposed party of the 'moral majority' has sunk; willing to overlook any ethical violation, any moral problem, anything, as long as they retain power.

Cycloptchorn
0 Replies