Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:09 pm
I didn't think you had posted a graph showing that. I guess c.i. isn't quite a simpleton, as he said even a simpleton could read it. I wonder what that would make him?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:11 pm
I doubt some people are able to grasp that less job creation, like the one under Bush (the worst since Hoover) has meaning to people trying to look at the impact of slower new job increases. They live in their stupor, because they have a job.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:12 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
And yet by the current unemployment rate, we are at essential full employment using any previous standards. Apparently we're keeping up with the need just fine.

But Bush-bashers don't WANT to see anything good there. They have to believe that it's all cruddy or else their pitiful worlds fall apart completely. Tis a shame. There was a time when most Americans rejoiced in good economic news.

There WAS a time when Americans did just that; it is when they actually saw the effects of good economic news in their lives. The vast majority of Americans right now have seen nothing positive out of this economy; their wages haven't gone up, the level of jobs available hasn't gone up significantly, personal savings rates are negative, credit card debt and mortgage debts are at all-time highs. Things just aren't great right now for most Americans, even if we are chugging along without falling over.

You will note that not all Liberals NEVER have anything good to say about economic news - my reply to you from earlier, in fact -

Quote:

The net worth numbers don't reflect anything except the rich getting richer. The other numbers are good news though. I am happy to see the trade deficit shrinking; we need more of this...

I call good news when I see it. Most of the 'good news' in our current economy is good for the wealthy, and not so much for everyone else.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:16 pm
Well so far Cyclop and C.I. are spouting the usual liberal line of woe and distress and pitifulness and tragedy and disaster and only the rich are benefitting, etc. etc. etc. and yet neither of you have provided one bit of evidence from any credible source to back up your liberalspeak.

It's a good economy. And those who say otherwise only make themselves look really really foolish.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:19 pm
considering world events, the economy is doing great. I can't recall a time in history when a country was involved in 2 wars and the economy has done as well. I am sure that if there has been, it will be demonstrated.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:19 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
LALALALALLALALALALA EVERYTHING GREAT ANYONE WHO SAYS IT ISN'T IS A POOPYHEAD

Do you actually believe that any source that isn't a Republican-ran source is accurate and reliable?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:20 pm
McGentrix wrote:
considering world events, the economy is doing great. I can't recall a time in history when a country was involved in 2 wars and the economy has done as well. I am sure that if there has been, it will be demonstrated.

Can you recall a past war we've fought which was paid for entirely on loan?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:26 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Do you actually believe that any source that isn't a Republican-ran source is accurate and reliable?

Cycloptichorn

If you do not rescind a quote you obviously intend to be attributed to me and posted as if I said it, I will have to report this as a violation of TOS. I don't think it was intended that way, but I can't trust the trolls, idiots, and/or exercises in futility to interpret it any other way.

Meanwhile, I believe all sources that have a reputation for reliability regardless of who they are. That's why I asked to see yours. I don't see them yet by the way.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:29 pm
Isn't it true that much of what is propelling this economy is the massive deficit spending by the government? I would say that this is a pyric victory.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:30 pm
Advocate wrote:
Isn't it true that much of what is propelling this economy is the massive deficit spending by the government? I would say that this is a pyric victory.

Nope.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:30 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Cycloptichorn

If you do not rescind a quote you obviously intend to be attributed to me and posted as if I said it, I will have to report this as a violation of TOS. I don't think it was intended that way, but I can't trust the trolls, idiots, and/or exercises in futility to interpret it any other way.

Meanwhile, I believe all sources that have a reputation for reliability regardless of who they are. That's why I asked to see yours. I don't see them yet by the way.

Who do you rely upon as providing a 'reputation for reliability?' Reputation amongst whom? Republicans? You're going to have to be more specific.

I have no personal control over what you report or choose not to report. I was merely paraphrasing your comments accurately. I would have added a picture of someone with their fingers in their ears if I had found one in time, so here's one now:

http://ceruleansanctum.com/images/notlistening.jpg
The Economy is Great! Shut up! Noone can hear your complaints!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:31 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Nope.

Oh really? Well, in that case, what industry IS driving our economy?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:33 pm
To eliminate the deficits, 300 to 400 billion would have to be extracted from the economy. This would certainly dim the rosy economic reports.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:34 pm
Advocate wrote:
To eliminate the deficits, 300 to 400 billion would have to be extracted each year from the economy. This would certainly dim the rosy economic reports.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:34 pm
Sigh. Notice to all reasonable people who post here: I have attempted to have a reasonable discussion and have posted links to support sources. Please note that after repeated polite requests to do so, the Bush bashers refuse to post links to their sources or even state where they came from, and some are now resorting to typical liberal ad hominems, insults, and diversions.

So..........

I will not feed the trolls, argue with idiots, or engage in exercises of futility.....I will not feed the trolls, argue with.........
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:58 pm
You are incorrect; CI's information shows exactly where the information he posted came from, and I identified my source for original data. You ignore that which doesn't match up with your argument.

Here's some more stuff for you to pretend doesn't exist -

The Bush admin likes to talk about jobs created since 2003; but that's because we lost quite a few in the years before that. Here's an accurate graph -

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/bonddad/TotalNonFarm1989-Now.gif

Source? the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

How about high-paying jobs in IT and Manufacturing lost, hmm? (IT second)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/bonddad/Manufacturing1991-now.gif

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/bonddad/InformationEmployment1991-Now.gif

Source? Bureau of Labor Statistics.

What sectors have added jobs?

How about Healthcare and Hospitality?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/bonddad/EducationandHealthEmployment1991-No.gif

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/bonddad/LiesureandHospitality.gif

Same source as above.

The jobs which have been added into our society don't match the quality of the ones lost. This is one reason that you don't see a rosy outlook on the economy from most people; they don't see any of it in their everyday lives.

Let us not even mention the rise in energy prices that has gone on simultaneously!

You cannot ignore information just b/c you disagree with it. Or, you can, but you're wrong for doing so.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:59 pm
Links please.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 03:02 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Links please.

Here ya go

http://www.bls.gov/

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 03:05 pm
Fox's only response is "link please." When the source is provided, he acts dumb.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 03:10 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

How about high-paying jobs in IT and Manufacturing lost, hmm? (IT second)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/bonddad/Manufacturing1991-now.gif

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/bonddad/InformationEmployment1991-Now.gif

Source? Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Cycloptichorn

Hmmm... drop started in 2001. Right after the online tech bubble burst. A result of Clinton's presidency I believe. If we are going to throw blame around for losses in the IT market, lets lay it where it belongs. With the tech bubble bursting followed by the events of 9/11, it's a wonder our economy survived at all.

Considering that, our economy is doing well, as Foxfyre has pointed out.
0 Replies