Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread IV

McTag

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 01:40 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
They just can't seem to get Clinton out of their brains to compare him to all the problems created by Bush.

It is a big handicap, I think, to be of a mindset which is purely black/white, yin/yang, Rep/Dem, Clinton/Bush.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 02:30 pm
McTag wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
They just can't seem to get Clinton out of their brains to compare him to all the problems created by Bush.

It is a big handicap, I think, to be of a mindset which is purely black/white, yin/yang, Rep/Dem, Clinton/Bush.

pot/kettle
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 03:01 pm
McGentrix wrote:
McTag wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

pot/kettle

Stop pretending that you understood, McG.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 03:18 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Does this mean that after the next President is sworn in,you will never mention Bush again?

After all,he wont be the President and therefore will not be responsible for anything that happens after he leaves office,even if its a result of actions he takes now?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 03:32 pm
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Does this mean that after the next President is sworn in,you will never mention Bush again?

After all,he wont be the President and therefore will not be responsible for anything that happens after he leaves office,even if its a result of actions he takes now?

If they agree to that MM, I wanna BIG buy in on the bet for how long it takes them to break that promise. Smile
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 03:43 pm
It is silly to constantly dump on Clinton. He lied about a bj by a consenting adult in his home. This is something any married man, who has a child, would do. Big deal!

What was really criminal was the Republicans spending years persecuting Clinton (while not doing the government's business) at tremendous taxpayer expense.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 03:45 pm
Advocate wrote:
It is silly to constantly dump on Clinton. He lied about a bj by a consenting adult in his home. This is something any married man, who has a child, would do. Big deal!

What was really criminal was the Republicans spending years persecuting Clinton (while not doing the government's business) at tremendous taxpayer expense.

Actually,an HONORABLE man,if he is married,wouldnt have gotten a bj by someone other then his wife in the first place.
So he would have no reason to lie about it.

The difference is the word HONORABLE.

Are you now defending a man that admittedly cheated on his wife?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:04 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Actually,an HONORABLE man,if he is married,wouldnt have gotten a bj by someone other then his wife in the first place.

Good question - where are you on, say, Guiliani or Gingrich?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:05 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I dont like either one of them.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:08 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I applaud your consistency!

I agree with you that cheating is something no honorable man would do.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:15 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

IMO,ANY man that cheats on his wife (or woman that cheats on her husband) has no honor and is not to be trusted any further then you can throw them.

If someone will break that most sacred promise,then there is every reason to believe they will break every other promise they can make.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:16 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

IMO,ANY man that cheats on his wife (or woman that cheats on her husband) has no honor and is not to be trusted any further then you can throw them.

If someone will break that most sacred promise,then there is every reason to believe they will break every other promise they can make.

I think you are under a serious misapprehension that the president is an 'honorable man.' Any president. Honor has little to do with their job, unfortunately.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:24 pm
Most male leaders, everywhere, have women on the side.

I don't know why you are so hung up about that.

Not all, however, have hundreds of thousands of needless deaths on their hands.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 05:05 pm
mysteryman wrote:

Did you actually say this with a straight face, MM?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 05:13 pm
Just a thought. If Bush establishes a commission for all the screw-ups of his administration, those commissions will exist long after he's gone.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 08:07 pm
Who said that Clinton was honorable in his marriage. Being dishonorable is not a crime, and I could care less about it. My concern is that he carry out his job properly.

BTW, it is no fun being on top unless there is someone underneath.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 08:09 pm
Some people just don't know the difference between an adult sexual encounter and starting a war on lies.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 08:24 pm
CI, it seems that this applies to all conservatives.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 08:29 pm
Just for the record, I am not a conservative and I disagree with MM on 99.9% of things, but I don't think that breaking your marriage vows of fidelity is such a casual, throwaway thing that it should mean nothing when making a judgement about someone's character.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 08:40 pm
snood, Nobody that I know is arguing that point. There's a big difference between a legal issue between lying about an extramarital affair vs starting a war. The first lie doesn't hurt anybody except himself and his family. The next one hurts thousands of people, and also gets many people killed.
0 Replies