Anna Nicole Smith Dies!

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 07:05 pm
The posters at the BaltimoreSun Forum must love Anna Nicole Smith because they sure hated my comments about her!

http://i18.tinypic.com/344xd9v.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 02:02 pm
snood wrote:
I am loathe to admit it, but I felt a twinge of sorrow for her, too - not sure why, exactly. Mebbe her relative young age, and the faux-familiarity that was a result of the heavy media coverage she got when she did anything at all...

I still found myself having the passing thought that every soldier that dies in Iraq had peroxide blonde hair and big boobs though, so that maybe their passing from this life could all get this much attention.

I do see what you mean snood, however, just because more attention is given doesn't mean people mourn losing a soldier any less.

Sorrow/sadness for another, like love an happiness, are not finite things.
Because you love or are happy for one person, doesn't mean you have run out of that emotion for another person, animal, etc.

Same as you can feel badly and sad for each soldier dying in a war, but still feel just as badly if you hear of someone elses misfortune, sickness, death.

True, we (I) don't know the name of every soldier, but that doesn't diminish the awareness they had people who loved them, and can empathize with these unknown peoples lose. Same for a bleach blonde celeb.

Me, I don't feel there's any right or wrong way to approach loss, whether you personally knew that person or not. We all feel what we feel, and those emotions are just as valid as someone elses.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 02:05 pm
snood wrote:
I am loathe to admit it, but I felt a twinge of sorrow for her, too - not sure why, exactly. Mebbe her relative young age, and the faux-familiarity that was a result of the heavy media coverage she got when she did anything at all...

I still found myself having the passing thought that every soldier that dies in Iraq had peroxide blonde hair and big boobs though, so that maybe their passing from this life could all get this much attention.

I do see what you mean snood, however, just because more attention is given doesn't mean people mourn losing a soldier any less.

Sorrow/sadness for another, like love an happiness, are not finite things.
Because you love or are happy for one person, doesn't mean you have run out of that emotion for another person, animal, etc.

Same as you can feel badly and sad for each soldier dying in a war, but still feel just as badly if you hear of someone elses misfortune, sickness, death.

True, we (I) don't know the name of every soldier, but that doesn't diminish the awareness they had people who loved them, and can empathize with these unknown peoples lose. Same for a bleach blonde celeb.

Me, I don't feel there's any right or wrong way to approach loss, whether you personally knew that person or not. We all feel what we feel, and those emotions are just as valid as someone elses.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:41 am
Of course, the current administration deliberately keeps media attention away from deaths in Iraq.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 09:09 am
All nice sentiments Chai, but there is no real denying of the fact that the American media's choices about what's important to magnify would make a reasonable person wonder about priorities.

Love your sig line, Drew. Both hilarious and sad at the same time.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 09:17 am
snood wrote:

Love your sig line, Drew. Both hilarious and sad at the same time.

I agree...."Drewdads Right"....hilarious and sad :wink:

Re the first, I'm not trying to speak for the entire american public, just me.

My cup runneth over, I have plenty to spare.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 09:38 am
Chai wrote:

From what I heard, both of 'em. :wink:
0 Replies

sheriffbart

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 02:56 pm
Victor Murphy wrote:
The posters at the BaltimoreSun Forum must love Anna Nicole Smith because they sure hated my comments about her!

What'd they ban you for this time? Question
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 06:38 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Chai wrote:

From what I heard, both of 'em. :wink:

Ooh, I wanna see... Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 06:58 pm
Well, these media blow-up folks are all real - not that the other billions of us aren't - and by virtue of the press we can hardly help but mentally/emotionally associate sometimes.

I've an odd real life association - the six degrees thing - to Marilyn Monroe, in that my mother and other women at RKO (I think it was) hung around together sometimes; I've a photo of them roller skating at the beach.. and Marilyn's mother was one of the skaters (I think she was a film editor). I've not read a lot of MM history. I've another friend of a friend who wrote a book about her several decades ago, and I didn't read that either. Still, people who become iconic draw natural human interest.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 10:21 pm
If you can disassociate what ANS represented to you and just look at her as a mother, it's very sad. As some of you know, I just went through something similar and the loss of a child, grandchild, or other close and meaningful relation is a tragic thing. So, for me, going by this alone, I feel for her. And then for her to die.... unless by her own hand, and even then, who am I to judge? - it is so very sad for those left behind, particularly her very innocent daughter. So, I could care less if she was a Nobel prize winner or a tramp - she was a human being on a path in this life and everything is so finally over for her, in a completely tragic way.

She may have been doing drugs or on some kind of medication - to me, that is irrelevant. I don't believe she was the type to commit suicide. She was too much into this life for that.

Whatever the verdict, it's still a tragic sequence of events that could happen to any of us.

So, a little compassion is not out of place.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 11:07 am
Exclusive photo obtained of ANS's casket....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/icetea726/AnnaNiclesSmithsCasket.gif
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 05:32 pm
Victor Murphy wrote:

Well look at that! 3 out of 5 are signed! Did you ever sign any of the hundreds of little red pebbles you sent Victor? Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 05:37 pm
bODDHI--how can you get banned from that site? Jeezus H Crise, Ive seen stuff on there that would gag Bi-Bear
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 05:46 pm
farmerman wrote:
bODDHI--how can you get banned from that site? Jeezus H Crise, Ive seen stuff on there that would gag Bi-Bear
That's something no one has figured out.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 10:23 am
Looks like they are giving Anna Nicole Smith's body to her 5 month year old daughter...

Custody Over Nicole's Body

Looks like we have to wait to see who the father is...who do you think it is?
0 Replies