No top replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 03:30 pm
Wow, crazy! So much drama in the world...very sad
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 03:32 pm
Click on Live to see live feed from hospital

They seem to be setting up for some kind of news conference.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 03:36 pm
CNN news story (developing)

This just occured with the last couple of hours evidently.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 03:39 pm
This is so shocking, even with everything going on in her life. I'm betting they confirm this to be a suicide.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 03:43 pm
Some of those reporters are such as*holes.

Were there illegal substances? Was she bloody? Where did she die? Can you describe the condition of the room?

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! She's been dead less than a day.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 04:05 pm
martybarker wrote:
This is so shocking, even with everything going on in her life. I'm betting they confirm this to be a suicide.

That was my first thought, too. She has (had, sigh) a five-month-old baby, though -- I guess it's possible but that makes it seem less likely, to me.

Sad, all around.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 04:28 pm
That is just tragic. If she loved her daughter as much as she apparently loved her son, I don't think suicide would have been an option. What a nightmare.

Reminds me of the Onassis family - only the little girl (not so little now) is left, out of that entire family... ditto with the Kennedy's - only Caroline (and her kids) are left from Jacquie's family.

Poor little girl, and poor hubby. How devastating.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 05:20 pm
Sad.

I'm betting it had something to do with those diet pills she been hawking. All of those things are poison if you ask me.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 05:34 pm
boomerang wrote:
Sad.

I'm betting it had something to do with those diet pills she been hawking. All of those things are poison if you ask me.

Yes, many people do not realize they are fatal when combined with Little Debbie Cakes and Doritos.

Okay - serious stuff. I don't think anyone will be shocked when the pill report comes out. I think her whole life seemed to be propelling her to this premature end. I know there's not much substance to remember her by, but I know I felt empowered the first time I saw her cubby ass being featured by Guess jeans. Before that the role model was the very thin Brooke Shields. I think I'll toast her with a low fat twinky after dinner tonight.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 06:25 pm
I was being serious. I think being overweight is less dangerous than taking diet pills. She was their spokesperson because she was a customer.

Trimspa side effects:

Quote:
Trimspa shouldn't be taken with MAOI antidepressant drugs. MAOI drugs include Nardil, Parnate, Eldepryl, and Marplan. These drugs react with foods containing tyramine, such as cocoa, and may cause a dangerous rise in blood pressure, as well as headache, nausea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat, possible confusion, psychotic symptoms, seizures, stroke and coma when combined with MAOI antidepressants.

Trimspa contains naringin, the compound in grapefruit that can interfere with the metabolism of many common prescription drugs. Naringin can increase blood levels of drugs that are metabolized by the intestinal cytochrome P450 3A4 system, raising the risk of toxicity. The label on the Trimspa bottle doesn't properly caution about potential drug interactions. Some of the drugs that interact with naringin include:

Antiarrhythmics - Amiodarone (Cordarone), disopyramide (Norpace), quinidine

Anticoagulants, e.g. Warfarin (Coumadin)

Calcium channel blockers - Felodipine (Plendil), nicardipine (Cardene), nifedipine (Procardia), nimodipine (Nimotop), nisoldipine (Sular)

Statins - Atorvastatin (Lipitor), lovastatin (Mevacor), simvastatin (Zocor)

Immunosuppressants - Cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral), tacrolimus (Prograf)

Protease inhibitors - Saquinavir (Fortovase)

To be fair, I don't have a clue as to whether she was still taking diet pills or if she was taking anything else.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 06:53 pm
I know you were serious Boomer, I was goofing. There is plenty of evidence that diet drugs can kill you. I think it's why they took phen-phen off the market. A number of people had heart failure from Dexatrim. I think in this case there will be numerous drugs to blame.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 07:43 pm
All day.. this is all I hear about.

" anna died. OHHH what a tragedy"
" I feel so bad "

and so on..

Uhh? Why?
Noone KNEW her. No one has spent any TIME with her.
You just see her image on tv, and listen to her life as told by reporters on tv.
So why do people get upset over someone they dont know?

I hate to think that anyone dies too young, but I didnt know her so I dont feel bad. I just feel like she is going to miss out on alot of 'life'.
I do feel sorry for her daughter.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 07:55 pm
Suicide, accidental drug overdose, who knows?

I started thinking about the baby, and like Mame, it reminded me of Christina Onasis.

Then, it occured to me that she might also have been suffering from post partum depression, as well as mourning the loss of her son. Put on top of that her legal conundrums and, well, I wouldn't have wanted to be walking in her shoes.

I remember too when she was the Guess Jeans model. I didn't know anything about her except that she was a gorgeous woman who actually LOOKED like a woman, curves and all.

All the other stuff? Hey, as far as I'm concerned, you can't blame someone for using their assests to get ahead in the world.

I know I've laughed along with others at her show, and also sat horrified at what was going on....but you know what? There but for the grace of God go I.

Rest in Peace Anna Nicole.

http://www.watches-for-china.com/watchesforchina/images/ANNA-s.jpg
0 Replies

tomasso

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 07:57 pm
Well, she was a public figure and people were familiar with her.

She was still pretty young and just provided news for those
wonderful tabloids that a certain type of people gobble up.

Who knows if she ever would have straightened out her life?

But now, BAM! she's gone. The show is over.

And as a result, people "feel so bad."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 08:11 pm
I was starting to guess diet meds too.

Well, I'll be quiet, I don't know anything.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 08:31 pm
Yeah, one of the things I read (Wikipedia?) mentioned that she was part of a class action suit against Trimspa. I also wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 08:53 pm
My bet is drug overdose, and not diet pills.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 08:54 pm
I bet that 16-year old fry cook had a good time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 09:14 pm
sozobe wrote:
Yeah, one of the things I read (Wikipedia?) mentioned that she was part of a class action suit against Trimspa. I also wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it.

She was part of it in that she was being sued along with Trimspa...cos, guess what? They made claims...partly through her mouth....that weren't true.
0 Replies