Anna Nicole Smith Dies!

eoe

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 10:27 pm
I think, just like Marilyn Monroe and so many others, the media ate her up and then spit her out. It's tragic, IMO. Perhaps it was an overdose, maybe she was despondent over losing her son but in the end, I feel sorry for her and I feel sorry for her baby. She was a mess from the word go and Entertainment Tonight, E, The Enquirer, Star, and all of the others just loved it.
0 Replies

chiso

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 11:26 pm
aka - Vicki Hogan

She visited our small baptist church a handful of times in the mid 80s. With a congregation of about 70, most of which were middle-age, the teenager sunday school group was quite small.

I remember sneaking peaks at her, Antionette and Jennifer across the table. Smile It's true.

Very sad any time someone passes young. Sad
God bless her soul.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 11:56 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
All day.. this is all I hear about.

" anna died. OHHH what a tragedy"
" I feel so bad "

and so on..

Uhh? Why?
Noone KNEW her. No one has spent any TIME with her.
You just see her image on tv, and listen to her life as told by reporters on tv.
So why do people get upset over someone they dont know?

I hate to think that anyone dies too young, but I didnt know her so I dont feel bad. I just feel like she is going to miss out on alot of 'life'.
I do feel sorry for her daughter.

It's just the 'situation' - she was only 39 (oh how young is that to have lived her life!), she was finally in love with Stern (joy), then she had a baby (joy), then she lost her son (tragedy), then she up and died (again, tragedy) ... she did what she did and she is what she is - whatever it is, I still feel compassion for her when she was going through her grief... and now her little girl will never know the real person - all we get is the photo op and tabloid stuff. That's sad, too. Funny thing is, if she hadn't lost her son and/or had her daughter, I don't think we'd be finding this quite as sad as it is.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 09:47 am
People aren't sad over losing Anna. People are shocked and saddened because the truth of our own mortality comes blaring though. She was young. Still died. She was rich. Still died. She was sucessful. Still died. She had everything she could want. Still died.

Regarless of everything she had that we don't, she is still dead at age 39.

Pretty scary thought, knowing nothing we can ever do or have can stop death.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 10:31 am
Bella Dea wrote:

There are definitely things you can do to hasten death, however.

Lesson to be learned here, I think, is that fame and wealth won't help you kick a drug habit. Better never to start in the first place.

She always struck me as an extremely sad and lonely person.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 10:32 am
I dunno.

I'm sad she as a person died.

I don't see all the money and success. I see the sadness of a life gone way wrong.

I don't have to personally know someone to feel sad for them.

I feel sorry for her baby, her family, and for people who knew the side of her that made her a worthwhile human.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 10:43 am
As a human, yeah I'm sad she died. But as an individual, I'm not because I didn't know her. At atll. Anna the Hollywood figure was not who she really was.

I feel sad that ANYONE has to die because often they leave so much behind but I don't feel personal emotions over every single one.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 11:42 am
Bella Dea wrote:
People aren't sad over losing Anna. People are shocked and saddened because the truth of our own mortality comes blaring though. She was young. Still died. She was rich. Still died. She was sucessful. Still died. She had everything she could want. Still died.

Regarless of everything she had that we don't, she is still dead at age 39.

I doubt she had everything she could have wanted - she didn't have her son. It just shows that being famous and having money can't make one happy.

And I feel sad beyond my own morality - I feel sad that a little baby has lost her mom and I feel sad that poor women probably was very depressed at the loss of her son.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 12:47 pm
I guess I need to explain the kind of reactions I am talking about.

Not just people feeling bad, or strange because she died.

I am talking about the people I saw yesterday, openly weeping.
Acting as the drama queen over someone they did not know.

I heard a woman in Book People talking about how pissed off she would be if Anna's funeral was not open to the public, because she would go in hopes of seeing her off. Question

Why WOULD her funeral be public?
Doesnt she get ANY privacy at ANY time in her life?
Come on people.

THIS is the behavior I am talking about.
Im sorry if it was perceived otherwise.

That is what makes me stare at these people like they need helmets or something.

I too felt weird when I heard the news. It is just not something I really expected.
Im so used to hearing about her every where that to know she died is just...strange. It doesnt seem right.

But I hope, truly hope.. if there was any drugs involved, that she MADE the decision to kill herself, and she didnt just overdose by accident.
Talk about being robbed ya know?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 12:54 pm
I wonder if it is just people that feel some sort of connection with her. I remember seeing lots of film clips of people wailing when JFK died. People crying when John Lennon died, or other people, they do not personally know, but perhaps feel a sort of connection to for whatever reason.

Maybe they grew up similar to her and Anna being at least financially successful made her some sort of mentor for them to follow.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 01:10 pm
Drugs kill. Do drugs, die young.

I shed a couple tears for her. Two. BIG ONES.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 01:30 pm
I'm telling you it's the "oh my god, if it can happen to them it can happen to me" syndrom.

JFK and Lennon are perfect examples of it. When JFK was shot, people actually said "if they can get the president...." Security was broken.

We tend to hold celebrities above us, like they are impervious to pain or loss. We might not admit it but that's why there is always such a big bru-ha-ha when a celebrity dies. It's because they are someone.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 04:44 pm
The entertainment industry created a monster, rewarded her bad behavior with the attention that she craved, and it killed her. That's what's sad, IMO. That the media feeds off of the pathetic and the publicity hungry and they want to call it entertainment.
She was a sad creature while she was alive. And even sadder now that she's gone.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 08:01 pm
So the autopsy seems to indicate that there weren't any illegal substances in her.

One thing I saw said that she tried to drown herself in her pool sometime recently (after the birth of her daughter and the death of her son) -- was found unconscious and face-down, and was successfully revived by her bodyguard (same one who tried to do so this time).

Dunno how credible it is. (From Entertainment Tonight, or something.)

You're right, dlowan, that she was on the receiving end of the Trimspa lawsuit, I was confused about that (I thought she was suing them, too). I still suspect that it could have had something to do with it.

I'm not sure what I think about the whole thing. The main part of my brain that is lit up seems to be the Sherlock Holmes part -- what on earth happened?

I am medium-sad for her, mostly just in the way that I'm sad to learn that any specific person has died. Definitely get more sympathetic when I think of the baby -- at least left motherless, at worst stuck in the middle of an ugly tug-of-war between people who don't actually have her best interests at heart.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 08:28 pm
I read that whoever 'owns' the baby - also 'owns' at least 50% of her estate - and that the lawsuit in regard to the old fella's will continues ...

<I'm all about the conspiracy theory today>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 09:43 pm
Woah, earlier on CNN it was all Anna all the time. There are packs of lawyers going after this money like vultures on a dead moose.

And then there's this new twist...

Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband says he might be father of Smith's baby

02/10/2007

By NOAKI SCHWARTZ / Associated Press

The husband of actress Zsa Zsa Gabor said Friday that he had a decade-long affair with Anna Nicole Smith and may be her infant daughter's father.

The claim by Prince Frederic von Anhalt comes amid a paternity suit over Smith's 5-month-old daughter, Dannielynn. The birth certificate lists Dannielynn's father as attorney Howard K. Stern, but former Smith boyfriend Larry Birkhead is waging a legal challenge, saying he is the father.

"If you go back from September, she wasn't with one of those guys, she was with me," von Anhalt told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.

He said he would file a lawsuit if Dannielynn is turned over to Stern or Birkhead.

A message seeking comment from Smith's attorney, Ron Rale, was not immediately returned Friday.

Von Anhalt, 59, and Gabor, 90, have been married for more than 20 years.

Von Anhalt's royal credentials have been the cause of speculation over the years. According to stories in the British press, he was born Robert Lichtenberg, the son of a German policeman, and bought his title after being adopted as an adult by a bankrupt daughter-in-law of the last kaiser.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 09:46 pm
How does your mind work to fabricate such stories, Kicky?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 09:48 pm
I just saw that on the Telegraph site.

I keep thinking this is more and more like a perverse time-warped April Fool's joke.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 09:02 am
Yeah.

Re: Zsa-Zsa's guy, there was something about Anna Nicole wanting to be a princess and wanting him to make her one, he couldn't marry her but offered to adopt her (!) and the paperwork was all drawn up and everything but Zsa-Zsa refused to allow it. Shocked

(That is just the best name ever... Zsa-Zsa....)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 09:07 am
I am loathe to admit it, but I felt a twinge of sorrow for her, too - not sure why, exactly. Mebbe her relative young age, and the faux-familiarity that was a result of the heavy media coverage she got when she did anything at all...

I still found myself having the passing thought that every soldier that dies in Iraq had peroxide blonde hair and big boobs though, so that maybe their passing from this life could all get this much attention.
0 Replies