Is Ms. the new Miss.

Eva

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 10:49 am
Frankly, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of everything being non-sexist. Life isn't like that. People are male or female. Don't reduce everyone to generic workers. Gender differences are important.

I want people to acknowledge that I'm a woman.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 11:45 am
Eva- One could carry that idea a bit further. There are people of different races, religions, political persuasions, etc. For some purposes the knowledge of those differences are important, for others not. I just am averse to people being lumped into categroes, along with certain assumptions.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 11:50 am
Eva wrote:

Hangin' around nekkid on a shell floating above the surf, i don't think you've got anything to worry about.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:01 pm
BAD dog...BAD dog..... Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 06:26 pm
Eva wrote:
Frankly, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of everything being non-sexist. Life isn't like that. People are male or female. Don't reduce everyone to generic workers. Gender differences are important.

So do I. But sometimes the person you are calling sir or ma'am is, in fact, ma'am or sir or something in between. People are not simply male or female.

It's a lot more complex than that.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 06:29 pm
Eva wrote:

Turn around. Bend over. Take off your clothes.

ok.... yep.... whole lot of woman there.

Anything else I can help you with?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 07:40 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Eva wrote:

So do I. But sometimes the person you are calling sir or ma'am is, in fact, ma'am or sir or something in between. People are not simply male or female.

It's a lot more complex than that.

True enough, Roxanne. (I'm going with one "x" in honor of your new celibacy. :wink: )

OK Gus, that's all. You can go back to whatever you were doing now.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 01:26 am
I am in Thailand and they call women Madam or ma-dahm here although sometimes ma'am or miss. I actually got a Mrs which I never get in the states, then I realized I wear a wedding band even though I am single.
0 Replies