Venting..

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:39 am
Linkat wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Linkat wrote:
Men are a bit like children aren't they?

In a nutshell, no.

If you happen to have a male who acts like a child, the probability is that you have his Mum to thank for that.

Oh, I'm just playing.

'Course you were! Very Happy
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 09:40 pm
Lord E, what you're saying about parents of boys is so true.

When we first moved in together, it just drove me nuts that Mr Cypher wasn't doing any housework. I'd always ask him if his parents had raised him in some 50's, let-the-wimminfolk-do-that kind of way, and he'd say no, his dad did housework; so I had no idea why he didn't seem to think he should do any.

Well, after some reflection I thought to ask if his parents had taught him any of this kind of thing. Turns out, no, they did not. Didn't teach him to cook, clean, fix things, nothing! It still kind of shocks me. I mean, my parents just always showed me what they were doing, and explained things to me as they went along; why on earth wouldn't you tell your kids how to do things? Eh, Mr Cypher's parents, oy... Confused And it turns out that he really enjoys cooking, so he was missing out on that before, too!

Anyway, mommies, don't let your sons grow up to be useless.... Razz
0 Replies

LoveMyFamily

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:19 pm
eoe wrote:
Of course, you're only venting...not looking for change, right?

Which post of mine made you think so?

Sozobe, yes. I am already doing few of those that you mentioned. Started quite sometime back. Husband is responding to the "training", if you may call it that. He has become more involved than what he was when we first started our married life together.

But I still have issues with my communication. At least now I keep quiet instead of blurting out when something about him bothers me. I take time to organise my thoughts and tell him what exactly bothered me and how I would not like him to repeat it again.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 08:31 am
By your response above, I guess perhaps you are looking for change and that's very good.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 01:43 pm
My experience includes two sons and six stepsons.

About forty years ago I decided that men would be less likely to rush into marriage if they could cook and sew and clean and launder for themselves.

I was right.
0 Replies