Used need help

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 01:56 pm
First I know that it is over but how can I want the person back in my life???

I met this young women bye accident. We worked with each other and one day her ride couldn't take her home so I volunteered. We ended spending a lot of time together until one day she said come here I have to tell you something and she kissed me. She didn't know this but I actually fell head over heels for her when I first saw her taking her ID picture at work. Needless to say I knew she had a child and I didn't know if I wanted to date someone with a kid.

We started to hang out and eventually she tried to sleep with me, which I said no because I wanted just more then sex. After about 2 months we started dating and became inseparable. Unfortunately, I didn't know that during this time she had a bf, which came over every weekend. When I found out I asked her its either him or me and she chose me. Well because of her lies to her family they kicked her out of the house. One day she shows up with her and her son and no place to live. Instead of running for the hills I take her in and she stays with me until she finds somewhere permanent to stay. Also, during this time I heard that she slept with someone I know during the first week we dated. She begged for forgiveness and I said ok lets start over. The relationship continued but I never took her to my parents because of the jealousy and possessiveness she showed. Finally after our one year anniversary I broke up with her because I couldn't take it anymore. She cried and begged and after a month I took her back.

The day we got back together she asked me to go to a b-day party of a friend of hers. I said I wasn't feeling good but go have fun. Well when she came home that night she told me that she was the only single girl there and that this dork was hitting on her. I laughed it off. Well I find out on Jan 1st that, that dork is the person she cheated on me with. She carried a relationship with him for three months while she came back to me and told me she loved me. I baby sat her son overnight while she cheated on me. I asked can I go when she went out but she always said it was girl's night out. When she told me what happened I was irate but she cried and begged me back. I said ok we will work through this and I love you. Then she dropped the bomb. She said she was pregnant and she had an abortion the day before. She said she knew it was not my baby. I said how and she said she had unprotected sex with him, because he liked it that way. Of course I was heart broken because we were talking on Christmas about getting married and kids. I still take her back and actually I called in the next day to take care of her.

That night when I dropped her off I order 4 dozen roses and tell her that we will work this out. The next day she calls me and tells me it's over and that she hates me. She then goes to my friends house and tells them I am a psycho and that I am fat and she didn't like to have sex with me. The next day she calls me and begs me back and of course I take her back. The week went by very well and we were like we were when we first started dating. That Sunday we went to the mall and looked at wedding rings and I called my parents and told them about her and she called her parents and told them we were getting married. Then he called that Monday and wanted her back. She called me and told me about this but to not to worry she loves me. We actually were going to sign a lease together that Tuesday but the apartment was not ready so we didn't. The last night we were together we made love and she looked at me like she never did before. She also said I love you and this will work.

Well the next day she calls me and dumps me and says she wants him. She tells me that the sex with him is great, he makes more money than me, I can never see her son again (He calls me daddy) and he gives all that she wants. She said she had to beg me for stuff. I just took her in, gave her a car, a phone, clothes, potty trained her son, support and all the love she needed. She later calls me to say that she heard that I was seeing a therapist and that I was crazy and she doesn't want to be with me. She calls me the next day and then tells me that she might want to work things out but that it will be hard and I said ok. Well she then calls me the next day and tells me that she hates me again. I try one last time and wrote her a letter from my heart. My friend actually cried when she read this. She calls me and tells me that she got my letter and that it meant nothing to her. I am devastated now. I have lost 30 lbs since Jan 1st and can not get her off my mind. It is ruining my life. I can't function or sleep!!!! Please help!!!! Why do I love her so much!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,536 • Replies: 33
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:05 pm
I'm not very good at giving relationship advice. But there are those on here that can, and will say the right things and help you examine your reasons for being such a door-mat!

I think you sound like a really nice, caring person, who's been taken huge advantage of...

Take care of yourself.

S
x
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:24 pm
usedandlonely--

Welcome to A2K.

You are devastated because your present life and your plans for the future have completely collapsed.

This is normal.

You have finally realized that your girlfriend was a gold digger and not to be relied on or trusted. You miss the world that you kept a happy place by ignoring her greedy, cheating ways.

You now see her for what she is, but you're crying for what you though she was.

Thirty pounds of weight loss in just under four weeks is a lot. Were you overweight to begin with?

Time. You need time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:29 pm
Run, don't walk away from this relationship.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 02:52 pm
Whoa!

I'm usually all for counseling but this seems like it was broken from the get-go. She really seems to just be taking what she needs and being completely callous about your feelings, and has seemed really consistent about that. The presence of her son and that he calls you "daddy" makes it much harder, but there doesn't seem to be enough of a core to build on.

Are you actually in therapy, yourself? (So does NOT mean that you're crazy! Often the sanest thing you can do...)
0 Replies

usedandlonely

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:06 pm
Thank you everyone.

No, I was not overweight but I could lose 10 lbs and look a lot better. I have just been diagnosed with depression and for me that is so new. I used to be that confident (not stuck up) guy that people wanted to be with. I am so defeated now. Everyone is just so surprised to see how I let this person affect me in this manner. She called me yesterday to tell me that she does not love me and that she thinks my letter was trash. She also told me she rushed him to her family and the accept him. They never gave me any chances. Her aunt actually cost me a promotion but I was kind to them. I have to stop contacting her as she has taken every effort to hurt me. The thing is that I love her so much and want to be her husband and the father of her beautiful boy. When she called me she said oh he doesn't even remember your name; but in the background I hear him asking his mom if it was me. Embarrassed

Why do I want to be with her? Why did I not see the signs? I remember telling my roommates that I thought she was cheating on me but I never truly believed it. She used to accuse me of cheating all the time and I never did. I couldn't even look at a girl with out her getting upset. That is why I ended it the first time. But she begged me back and I took her because I saw the love she had for me. I can not sleep at night without dreaming of her. I was engaged before and when she cheated on me I was able to move on with my life. However, this woman has left me a destroyed individual. How can someone do that to someone? I know this is stupid but I sent her another letter today telling her since she didn't give up on me that I was not going to give up on her. I know that is not the smartest thing to do. As I should just take this as a blessing but how can I? I loved her with everything I had. Spending time or money was never a problem as I felt I was taking care of my family. I even took a second job so that I could provide for her when she needed. Embarrassed

It's funny how now all my friends, old co-workers and brothers are all telling me that they knew she would do this. I mean her aunt told me she would and she hated me. Also, it was funny when she found out that I could have cheated but didn't that she became so jealous. She was questioning me left and right who were these women and why didn't I tell her. I didn't say anything because I never crossed my mind to cheat. She said if I had just taking her to my parent's house on Thanksgiving we would be together. I told her if you loved me how could you sleep with someone else. She said it was just sex, it didn't mean anything until she became pregnant. We talked about having children on Christmas then one week later she leaves me. How can someone do that? I am sorry that I am ranting but I don't have an outlet and I don't know what to do next. Do I fight for her, which, one part of my head says NO WAY or do I move on. I know she will come back to me but do I want that???? Question
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:13 pm
usedandlonely, I agree with your username, particularly the 'used' part. The only reason I can think of for taking her back each time was an attempt to avoid the 'lonely' part. Were you lonely before you started this relationship? If so, it might explain why you let yourself be treated so miserably and continue to want it to work.

I agree with noddy that this woman is not the person you thought she was, or perhaps hoped she was. It seems that the signals were there from the beginning. She came on to you physically from the outset and you had to fend off her advances. She was showing you from the beginning what she was looking for and you wanted her to be interested in you as a person, not as a sex mate. She played along as long as it gave her a place to live, a surrogate father for her son, and a means to party and search for what she really wanted (hot sex) with others.

This has never been a relationship of mutual respect. Don't pine for what you've lost, be grateful that you've finally reached your limit (at least I hope you have).

Kudos to you for seeking counseling. I hope you are able to find a way to put this behind you quickly and work on developing some self esteem so that you will never be used or lonely again.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:16 pm
NO YOU DON'T WANT THAT!!!

Treat her like an addiction to an extremely dangerous drug.
Have nothing to do with her. Don't even talk to her. Ever.
Quitting her cold turkey is going to be painful, but, man, she is poison to you.

It'll take time, but gradually you'll be free of her.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:18 pm
usedandlonely wrote:
I know this is stupid but I sent her another letter today telling her since she didn't give up on me that I was not going to give up on her. I know that is not the smartest thing to do. As I should just take this as a blessing but how can I?

oy! We were cross-posting, I hadn't seen this when I wrote my other response. What's done is done, but the second letter was not something I think will help your case.

YES, take this as a blessing. Sit yourself down and read your first post and then read the feedback you've gotten. Read it as if it was written by someone else. What would you tell this other person? Tell it to yourself.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:20 pm
She obviously has mental problems, and if you keep pursuing her I would say you have mental problems too. The pitiful letter writing is always a sign a relationship is doomed. Have a little ceremony where you burn all her information, delete her email from your computer, throw out anything that strongly reminds you of her and don't look back. If you continue to chase this cold hearted nut chase then you deserve the agony- because you are just as guilty as she is for creating it.
0 Replies

usedandlonely

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:23 pm
You are all right!!! I need to stop and I have to stop as of right NOW!!!!!

I am a great person and can't let someone have that power over me!!!
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:23 pm
JPB wrote:
...Sit yourself down and read your first post and then read the feedback you've gotten. Read it as if it was written by someone else. What would you tell this other person? Tell it to yourself.

Ditto that!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:27 pm
No, you don't want that! This woman has never loved you, she just
used you for her own advantage. Additionally, she had unprotected sex
with various men and who knows what kind sexually transmitted diseases
she could have contracted and given to you. Please take a HIV test
as soon as possible.

I feel for you, however, in order to heal and feel better about yourself,
you have to cut off all relations with that women, no matter how hard
it is.

To her, you're just a stopgap, nothing more.
0 Replies

usedandlonely

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:45 pm
What I don't understand is how can a person who used me. Go all out for my birthday, did the most romantic thing I have ever seen for our anniversary and call me all the time just to say I love you. When I got a new job she sent flowers to me!!! How can someone change so fast!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:48 pm
Usedandlonely--

When she wanted to keep you as a Sugar Daddy, she was romantic as all get out.

When she found another sucker....

She's always had her priorities straight--her comfort and her convenience.

I feel very sorry for her son.
0 Replies

usedandlonely

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 04:02 pm
I see and that hurts. I guess I was blinded by love or my stupidity. Part of me doesn't want to believe this but I must. I will take all this weight I lost and reinvent myself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 04:21 pm
You must believe it. I often see two sides to these relationship threads in part because there often are two sides - but this woman is trouble with a capital T, for toxic. You fell for this all because you were in a needy place, and you have a good heart. But, have a heart for yourself please!

I agree with those who say don't delay stopping all this - and do it 'cold turkey'. Do keep up with the counselling yourself (this may be the first time I've ever said NO, not with her).

Stop!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 04:28 pm
osso, yep, I'm another one who usually says there's two sides to everything. This one is a clear case of cut and run and don't look back.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:15 pm
I agree with all the advice you've gotten so far; I just wanted to congratulate you on resolving to end this. Stay strong and take good care of yourself.

I am wondering though...did I read correctly that you were engaged before to another woman who cheated on you as well? I only ask because I'm wondering if you might need to evaluate whether there is something that draws you to relationships with a certain type of person-- just be sure that this isn't for some reason becoming a pattern, you know?

It can be so easy to get sucked into these destructive ruts, and you seem to be someone who kind of slips into allowing yourself to be taken advantage of. Just be careful of that self-esteem of yours! Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 08:45 am
You asked how someone could be so mean and then do such romantic things... she could do that because she is clever and manipulative and a user. She seems to have manipulated you from the start .... "Hey, I've got something to tell you. <smooch>" That's a girl that is used to getting her own way.

It is a shame that you want to remember all the sweet parts of the relationship but surely you can see that the hurtful parts are what give you pain. They are what will continue to give you pain if you ever allow her back in your life. Not that she seems poised to do that, but if she were to wiggle her little finger, from the sounds of it, you might take her back. That is scary to me, who doesn't know you and must be horrifying to those who do.

There are some people who seem to naturally thrive on using others and being mean -- maybe they were brought up that way or maybe they've got a mean gene. How they got that way, how SHE got that way doesn't really matter. You've seen it now and you can, hopefully, guard against being burned in the future. Remember, MEAN PEOPLE SUCK.

Best of luck to you, but stay away from that girl. Don't write any more letters... or if you do (as they can be cathartic) for God's sake, don't send them... burn them and bury the ashes and spit on the ground. Don't talk to her. Don't even look at her. Mentally throw away everything that she has touched like it has been infected in smallpox. Too bad about losing the relationship with the little boy but that's the way of the world.

You seem to have a bit of trouble recognizing bad women when you see them and apparently falling in love based on how someone looks. Both of these are harmful to your mental health. You need to swear off all women for a while... at least six months maybe a lot longer. You say you used to be the guy that everyone wanted to hang out with. You can be that person again, but not if you're whimpering about a girl as mean as this one. Then you just look well.... like a guy they wouldn't want to be around.

I like that you say you want to reinvent yourself, but remember you shouldn't have to go to far. You are right there, a cool guy underneath this hurt. She tricked you, that means you are an open person. Just try to be who you really are, but with your eyes open. You obviously are looking for & hoping for a mate. She's out there, but she needs to see the real you.
0 Replies