cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 01:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
The problem with those ads are that if we save $400, our annual premium will be $400.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 02:15 pm
bump
glitterbag

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 08:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Edgarblythe.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 09:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks gb.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 05:24 am
We held an anniversary celebration by having Subway, sandwiches only, at home. We already had chips and drink. We already, early in the day, exchanged cards and thoughts before she went to the job. Finished out the day per our normal routine.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 12:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Happy Anniversary to you both Edgar !
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 12:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY edgarblythe. T.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 12:50 pm
Thanks, fellas. I consider it an accomplishment for her to live with me so long.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 01:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
She probably agrees !
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 02:42 pm
@georgeob1,
I am certain she does.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 08:51 am
http://assets.amuniversal.com/1ecb4310407201349f3b005056a9545d
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 04:17 pm
I have not gotten used to being an old man. I still do the same things I always did, just not as fast or gracefully. It irritates me to be viewed differently because I don't look so fresh. I feel sheepish owning up to this little story, but, a few weeks back, while awaiting our turn to be checked out in the grocery store, I tilted my head back a bit so that I could see the covers of the varied publications that fill the rack near the checkout station. Then went straight again. A minute or two later, I repeated the action, because I wanted to verify that I recalled a headline accurately. At that point a checker about twenty five feet away paused in her checking and looked directly at me, as I righted myself the second time. Because I am not used to thinking like an old man, I felt flattered that she looked at me. Imagine my secret embarrassment to realize she actually was fearing I was about to pass out on the spot and was debating the options.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 05:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
I tried to work on our front gate, because it wouldn't close, and I injured myself by scraping my arm against the wood. My wife cleaned it with water and peroxide, then put some medication and a bandage on it. I'm going to hire a handyman to finish the job.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 05:38 pm
In my whole life I have not earned a lot of money. Family and the times I lived with them affected me. My father was the colonel in charge of photo at the bikini bomb tests. He and John Craig flew over the center of Baker. A few years later some guy showed a photo of it at a New York party, I take it as someone around, and my father was blamed, this being in my childhood listening something to do with work. What I remember of my father early is that he was sleep when home. We live nearby in Dayton. I can imagine he didn't fulfill all needs.

I have a photo of him reporting on the bomb tests in a room of bigwigs - that is why we were in Washington before my first grade - rubbing his eyes after he had arrived on the enola gay delivering film.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 05:58 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Some guy, who I don't dislike off the bat, I get his interest, has made art exhibits about this.

I tried to contact the gallery. My husband was going visit them to talk.. That day, Los Angeles had great rains, so, no.

So, I have trouble with the nuclear museum here in Albuqueque (guy didn't know about Bikini) and now artists promoting selves.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 07:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I would hire out a lot of my work if I could.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 07:22 pm
@ossobucotemp,
That kind of activity is complex. But I can see what you mean here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 07:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
I used to do most of the handiwork around the house - which I enjoyed doing, but I'm finding it more challenging at my age. I just have to admit, I'm no longer a young man, and have to farm out most of the maintenance work around the house.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 07:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The quality of my work is hard to maintain these days. As long as it works is becoming my motto. Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 07:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't worry whether what I work on works or not; I worry more about me working. My physical abilities have been dramatically hampered by age.

I did frame a picture today to give to my sister tomorrow. It's a picture of Petra when I took her to Egypt and Jordan many years ago. My nephew begged me to take his mother on a trip, because he knew I traveled frequently. It was a choice between a picture I took of the pyramids when we stayed at a hotel in view of the pyramids. The hotel's name was Oboroi something or another. I thought Petra was a bit more interesting.