edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 09:32 pm
The boards seem extra quiet today. Wonder if I missed something about that.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 09:33 pm
bump
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 09:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
What's weird is I was just noticing that my news feed has almost nothing about Trump today. One story about him behind in a poll..
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 10:51 pm
@thack45,
I guess the anti Trump machine had to take a breather.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 09:19 pm
The forums seem amazingly subdued.
thack45

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 09:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yep, and once again my news feed reflects the same. There's just nothing worth being outraged about right now. Maybe it's the heat
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 07:10 am
I saw another article (besides the big change in the polls) about Trump's wife has visa issues as in she had only 6 month visa as a model/former model:;however, this indicates she's in an illegal status. Uh huh.! If this is true, hOw delicious would that be?!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 07:29 am
@Ragman,
Too early to think Trump is toast, regardless of appearances and polls. After all, Truman led in all the polls, but Dewey defeated him. President Dewey was the beginning of the end of liberalism in America.
Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 08:27 am
@edgarblythe,
Did you or anyone else see any mention of this visa issue of Mrs Trump?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:06 am
@Ragman,
I have seen it mentioned in a few places. I don't read that much of the political threads. Not as much as people would expect.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Here's the dope on Melania's visa.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-modeling-agent-reveals-details-about-melania-trumps-visa/
Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 02:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh ok. This is when she had first come to US and was modeling and how she may or may not have bent the rules on her work status.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 02:33 pm
@Ragman,
http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/citizenship-through-marriage.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 12:00 am
I don't really care if Trump's wife is slightly illegal. I never did believe in stifling emigration as a general principle.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 11:04 pm
I saw a photo, minutes ago, of the cast of the new version of the TV show, Are You Being Served. Compared with the original cast, these folks seem pretty bland. But, then, it's a single photo. I should at least give them a chance before judging.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 10:23 pm
Great excitement. The water company, which is located next door, spent a week, tearing down one of two water tanks, used for holding water for the purpose of creating pressure in our lines. Then, in a few days, they got a new one nearly completely built on the same slab. Those workers get there at sun up and work until late in the day, well over eight hours. The temperature gets around 100 every day, but they don't seem to notice. Those guys deserve a big bonus. Don't know if they have a good enough boss to reward them.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Great excitement. The water company, which is located next door, spent a week, tearing down one of two water tanks, used for holding water for the purpose of creating pressure in our lines. Then, in a few days, they got a new one nearly completely built on the same slab. Those workers get there at sun up and work until late in the day, well over eight hours. The temperature gets around 100 every day, but they don't seem to notice. Those guys deserve a big bonus. Don't know if they have a good enough boss to reward them.

From time to time, I looked on as the workers assembled the tank, fascinated to watch somebody build a tank so large, using bolts to hold it together. Not once did they employ a welding machine. It is the same Kelly green color as the companion tank. You can see through the paint where the older tank was welded. The just completed one has rows of gleaming nuts and on the side a shiny new ladder. Our water bill this month was higher than normal, but I cannot be certain this work had anything to do with it. I have had to water extra, due to the drought.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 10:10 pm
Took a nap today. Right in the middle of some cowboy movie, I zonked out in my chair, all stretched out in the recliner. It was a deeper sleep than I am in the habit of snatching in the daytime. I slowly became aware I was waking and my eyes popped open. I saw a person who appeared to be climbing in through the window across the room. I reacted with alarm for an instant, until I realized it was the TV screen I was looking into. The picture on that is the same size as the window on the same wall. Well, my adrenaline was in need of a bit of stirring anyway. I certainly came up out of the chair and found something to do in a hurry.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:14 am
Taking stock of all the over the counter or prescription meds I took over the past year. So far I came up with about four Aleve and a dose of Benadryl. Will add to if I recall more.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 09:51 pm
Took Rocky for the yearly exam. When he wears his halter his personality changes. He becomes docile and eager to see the ladies at the vet's office. They wanted me to switch from his Pedigree dental sticks to their $44 per month dental sticks. Gave me one as a sample. When I fed it to Rocky, he lay with it between his paws for a while. When I went out to make sure the truck was closed up, he picked up the dental stick and followed me outside. While he watched me through the fence, he tossed the dental stick. It's still out there in the mud. The vet also wanted me to switch to a different dog food, which I will do. The one she recommended costs about $80 for 27 1/2 pounds. Considering how he treated their dental stick, I know I will never try that stuff. She said his teeth are in good shape. No need to change. He is overweight, but I can get him down for a lot less money. He prowls the bushes and weeds for prey. A few bugs bite his underside. She actually would have written a prescription for antibiotics because of a couple of red spots. I told the wife I might be changing vets next month.