ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 06:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh! I remember those talks. Bad me. I have memory of semi-failure, personal wrongth re contour drawing in my case.

Still, this was my mentor at the time -

and maybe now.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Natural-Way-Draw-Working/dp/0395530075

This was before all the brain stuff.
Roberta

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 06:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm glad to finally be able to put a face to your name. It's a good face. I like being able to see you.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 07:35 pm
@Roberta,
I felt the same way when your photos showed up. Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 07:41 pm
@ossobuco,
If I had applied myself in a younger time, I might have been a decent artist. Today I work at it some, but I will never progress further.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 07:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
You still might enjoy the Nicolaides book. I would. I gave mine away, apparently, knowing it already, what a petunia, I say to myself.

No need to read and follow the whole thing and all the exercises, but worth a read. Or, I suppose by now, some summary by others, con or pro. But I remember liking it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 08:31 pm
Well, we sold the car today. Now it is just us, the dog and my purple pick up. We felt it was silly to pay so much insurance, plus keeping up two vehicles can cost way too much. I felt good that the man who bought it was purchasing it for his niece. Her first car. It runs great, but needs repairs. He said he knew how to do the fix ups it needs without paying a mechanic. So long, old Kia. Adios and thanks for the money.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:13 pm
In August, my daughter in Colorado will move back here. It will be great to see her and the family again. Her (my grand)kids know me, but they haven't been around to bond with me. I hope we can all spend enough time together to overcome these things. They are at the age when they want to be with their friends, so we will have to see.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 08:25 pm
I've decided to sell my gold coin and use the cash to help out some perks on my pick up. It runs very well, but needs brake work and some tires. The check engine light comes on for a day and goes off for a week or a few months, then comes on for another day or so. Last time it behaved like that it needed a sensor that has to do with fuel. It needs more, but no need to mention it.

Rocky likes to lie with his nose out the doggy door. That way he stays cool, but nothing out front misses his attention. Which is very important. He has to bark and run the fence when certain people or animals pass on the street.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 06:38 pm
I have been seeing articles this week that maintain oranges and grapefruit are suspected of helping cause skin cancer - melanoma. And I had just started eating more of them, lately. Guess I will finish off the last delicious one tomorrow and look for other fruit to enjoy.
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 07:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Because of my reflux issues, I can't eat oranges or grapefruit. I used to love oranges and, even worse, I'm in the heart of citrus country. I'm not tempted and the only time I ever taste citrus, it's in an adult beverage - mango margarita.

I'm on statin med also, so grapefruit is doubly a problem. I eat honeycrisp apples, bananas, blueberries, watermelon slices, strawberries and melon every now and then...some red grapes once every blue moon. Oh yeah, those hairy kiwi fruits mixed with cut up fruit and Greek yoghurt.

I re-started a regular juicing program..so I mix in blueberries apples in almond milk. Add a bit of protein powder.

And for reg juicing, I juice organic celery. I'm going to find some fresh watercress and add it in as a new twist. I hear great things about purifying effect of watercress. For those unfamiliar, watercress is a tiny leafy ...sprout looking veggie and tastes radishy or horse-radishy...but a tad milder..takes a bit of getting used to...but I mix a small amount in with celery.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 07:44 pm
I eat more berries than fruits. but I try to get a variety.
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 07:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
good idea. I'm looking for a good juicing recipe...I found one and it calls for carrots, celery and minor amount of watercress . going to try this tomorrow.

Watercress Juice

"Gram for gram, watercress contains more vitamin C than oranges, is higher in calcium then milk, has more iron than spinach, and contains the same protein per calorie as chicken breasts."

I try once per week with all that cut up fruit. But 2-3- times per week the yoghurt with blueberries and/or bananas oh and organic (Vietnamese) Cinnamon. Ceylonese and Vietnamese varieties of cinnamon is/are supposed to be the most potent for anti-oxidants.
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:19 pm
@Ragman,
If and when you juice and want to try some watercress mixed in with a green juice:

[i]"Known as a green with a bite, watercress will add some refreshing heat to your veggie juice. Start with small amounts and increase as your palate adjusts. You will start to crave the addition of this distinct zippy taste. "[/i]

I also use Kale. (typically baby kale) it's a bit milder and less difficult than adult kale...for most juicers to munch down without jamming. When
I use adult kale, I take the woody part of the stems off. and I break up the leaves a bit smaller so they'll fit in the hopper./..with carrots and/or apple.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:20 pm
@Ragman,
I juice at times, but not consistently. The pros and cons trade places holding sway.
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Because of my 'delicate' (j/k) condition and being in NHL remission, I'm going from an occasional-to-once-per week juicing to a more regular interval of juicing. It's a pain in the arse to clean up but what else do I got to do?! This juicing takes 20 mins start to finish. since my last divorce I have custody of the big honking 25 lb Champion (masticating) juicer...(think boat anchor) and a smaller more practical The Juiceman prof series 210 - easiest juicer to clean.

There's wasted pulp wend product, sadly. I hate living in an apartment because I can't use the pulp in compost because I can't have a veggie garden here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:40 pm
I am getting ready to do the MMS protocol. In most programs these days people want you to get your antioxidents and such. But those cancel the effect of the MMS. Eating citrus, getting vitamin C - You can't have that. No coffee. Can't eat moringa until two or three hours after the last daily dose. After Friday I intend to start in earnest. You do this for three weeks, then take a break. Then decide whether to do it another three weeks or just begin a daily maintenance dose.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:43 pm
@Ragman,
I love watercress, watercress soup especially. Haven't seen it here in sandland... since it grows best in water. A friend used to have it in a little canal that went by his house in Santa Monica Canyon (CA).
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 08:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I did a tour of this area's healthy produce farms. Interesting tour. I went to the watercress farm just north of me near Tampa...out in the boonies. They make a major amount of watercress, but oddly they ship a lot (80%) of it out to UK. When growing this stuff, they basically flood the field until these little hairy fuzzy sprouts pop up.

In this country we don't seem to consume a lot. Prices tend to stay up around $5. incidentally, the shipped watercress gets there in the UK within 24 hours and on their grocery shelves.

[edit: oh..a correction: the Champion juicer process takes about 15-20 mins. the Juiceman takes about 5-10 mins]
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:30 pm
My wife's brother had recently been declared in remission after lymphoma treatments. Today, we learned the cancer has returned and he has experienced kidney failure. It doesn't look good for him.
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, that's a shame. Best of luck to him.