edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Hi, Edgar.

I'm now of the opposite view. You can take all this with a grain of salt, but I found this explanation convincing -

http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philpott/2014/07/everything-we-know-about-antioxidants-and-vitamins-wrong

My own story is that I when I was diagnosed with Retinitis pigmentosa (1988), I was put on a bunch of antioxidants, and also bought, over the years, some others on my own. All of my ophthalmologists have told me it is better to get them from food and said to stop the pills. That happened in the nineties, early 2000'a, and I listened. My retinitis remains static, no negative changes since 1988. My "bad" eye is bad for other reasons (5 surgeries) but is also stable.

I have never been an avid antioxidants fanatic. I believe in as broad a variety of food as possible. With restrictions tailored to the individual. For instance, the cancer patient ought not eat tubers or eggplants. But another person perhaps should, or could. Antioxidants cancel out some alternative products, making them ineffective. One size can't fit all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:35 pm
I bought some things at Sprouts, Saturday. In truth, their vegetable section is outdone by HEB. But, I love their shelves of herbs and supplements.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 07:59 pm
I read an article that states that Bernie Sanders may seek the Democratic presidential nod. I would vote for him quicker than dyslexia would have voted for Kucinich.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 08:47 pm
My job gave maintenance four two hour courses to complete for September. I figured out why, as I worked on the first two. These are free to the company. That's eight hours of courses. The same number of weekly work hours I have been limited to, in my dotage. But when I complained to the boss, she told me to charge the company for that time, also. I completed one yesterday and one tonight. Got 100% on one and 97% on the other.

The senate has moved the bill to stop unlimited political donations. I have no doubt it will get blocked any time now. Wish I could be wrong.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 09:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Any employer that requires their worker to attend classes must pay for it. That's the labor law.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 09:06 pm
I think one cannot think, only one can reflect the act of thinking.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 09:25 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
And everybody else here thinks that one-eye is a moron. Here's the surprise, it's true!
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 09:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitter, do ideas come to you, or do you come to them?

Now when you say they come to you, I will ask, then how are you thinking?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 09:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The crew has mostly been doing it at home.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 09:42 pm
@glitterbag,
Word games, mind games. Best to not get involved, in my opinion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 09:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Work time.

All time spent by an employee performing activities which are job-related is potentially "work time." This includes the employee's regular "on the clock" work time, plus "off the clock" time spent performing job-related activities (which benefit the employer). Potential work is actual work if the employer "suffered or permitted" the employee to do it. An employer suffers or permits work if it knows the employee is doing the work (or could have found out by looking), and lets the employee do it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:34 am
I understand that, CI, but our job functions more smoothly when we let ourselves get screwed around with.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:32 pm
I was thinking about would it be feasible to dig a river bed, hundreds of miles long, and feed it with ocean water. Put natural filtering material along the way and possible man made filters also. Would it clear up down the line and would it be worth the effort if it could work. Maybe have it fill one or more man-made lakes if it could become potable. I suppose if it could work, somebody would already be lobbying for it.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:35 pm
People don't think - they react.

Small minded men try to think.

Good minded men think.

Great minded men let the thoughts come to them.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:39 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I at first thought of you as passive aggressive. I decided to drop the passive.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am as passive and aggressive as the sun, my friend.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:45 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
And a double talker.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, why do you have spite towards me? I'm here to entertain ideas; I'm not here to entertain you guys.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
I thought of that, or something similar, yesterday, Edgarb. Maybe it was in my dreaming, even, but I remember thinking.. I have to remember this, it could be ocean water. Possibly in REM sleep.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, the chemicals which bathe your brain/spine during sleep are made of 99% water and are produced by amoebas, which is proof that consciousness is made from water and the Universe is subconscious.
0 Replies