edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 04:27 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
It's a big job and I'm old. Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 04:28 pm
I get worn out the few days a week I work. Further cutting actually depends on what kind of Monday and Tuesday I have.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 04:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do it at your own pace Ed and don't overdo it.

You should cut down on the jogging as well, you know.. make it 5 miles instead of 10. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 04:46 pm
Keeping moving is at least 60% of keeping healthy as you age.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 05:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
I also believe that! I walked an average of 3.8 miles every day while in Cuba. If I exclude the one day I was not feeling well, and deduct one day from my calculations, it averages over 4 miles per day. Mr. Green
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 05:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Did you walk those miles in some Cuban's shoes, CI?

After over a century of oppression, torture, rape, murder, war crimes and unrelenting terrorism, the good people of Cuba let y'all do that.

Compare that to what the USA does to those it merely thinks harms it. Not a pretty comparison, is it?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 05:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And CI is a fast walker, or was the last time I met him.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 05:56 pm
@ossobuco,
CI gets around as well as anybody I can name. Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 05:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
He can be found flying through the air too.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 06:02 pm
@ossobuco,
But can he play Quidditch?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 06:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Uh oh, what's that? (I can look it up)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 06:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Ah, a Harry Potter thing. I am purposely totally ignorant about all that.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
I read the first four books of the series. The fourth was overlong and I became fatigued from so much sameness by the end. Didn't even crack the rest of them. I wish that I could have had that series as a boy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 03:50 pm
Came home, after a project in a spot where the sun gets trapped. Sat down at the keyboard and went right to sleep. Is it October, yet?

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 02:37 pm
I joined another forum, the other day. It's for and by writers. I only do semi well in those places, but I plan to spend some of my on line time there, for a while. I don't heed advice well and I don't suffer writing that doesn't interest me. I may get drummed out.
Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 02:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
This very close-minded (me mainly) attitude and from others is what stopped me with local writing group. I almost puked when some writers of sci - fantasy or gothic started spewing. It wasn't just that there was a difference, it's the lack of willingness to offer constructive critique without judgment. Moderator wasn't quite up to the task

I used a phrase in my writing that was something of my generation...not really an old-fartism..but an under-25 writer **** on my short writing piece because of the choice of a phrase they thought was not warm and fuzzy to their age group.

I will find a writing group that works, but it has to be in-person to keep me coming back for more.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 03:13 pm
@Ragman,
In my whole on line experience, I have found just one writer's site that worked for me. When the founder died, it went to hell and soon disbanded. The one I am checking now is for ulterior motives. I am trying to peddle a novelette size story and there seem to be a few people there, who are experienced in the business. I don't enjoy getting criticized by beginners, will try to avoid them.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 07:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm too lazy to write professionally. I doubt I have the talent to write fiction, I'm much more comfortable with nonfiction. Sometimes I think it might be a lot of fun to write an advice column, but some people have such terrible problems I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Although, I'm a lot better at spotting crazy people at my age now, I was way too sympathetic when I was very young.

Plus my biggest problem right now is trying to figure out why my garage is trying to sabotage me and my car. That garage is really in for it once I figure out how it keeps damaging my car. No mercy. Rotten ass garage.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 07:52 pm
@glitterbag,
I wouldn't take that from a garage. I would put sand in its door rollers and punch holes in its walls.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thank you Edgar, I'll read that out loud in the garage, and warn it if it doesn't clean up it's act, the sand is definitely here and I'm not afraid to use it.
0 Replies