Is my wife cheating?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 07:40 pm
People with licenses to maintain probably avoid forums on their career subjects, more or less, if only from escaping or boredom.

I've held a couple of state licenses in other fields than 'relationships' .

Many or most people with licenses are careful re throwing around opinions.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 07:47 pm
Quote:
If she did in fact cheat, then there must be some emotions involved. But I don't see how she could of had the time to develop that kind of relationship.

The emotions do not necessarily have to be emotions of love for someone other than yourself. They could be emotions of feeling trapped with you, and wanting to feel free again, or something like that.

Quote:
It's a valid point that none of us here are certified counselors (at least, I don't think anyone is). At the same time, talking issues through with people having assorted viewpoints can help give people things to think about.

Yep, JPB...and there's no harm in hearing additional peoples' viewpoints...'specially if they are free and unbiased.

Quote:
I wouldn't, stuh. Both of them need to figure out a way to get some trust in their relationship. Trust, by definition, is acceptance without proof. If he needs to verify her story from an outside source then he still doesn't trust her.

Well...that is what I initially suggested, but then "depressed and confused"'s response to Mame indicated that he

a) really wanted to find out if she had cheated
b) was planning on leaving her if she had

There's nothing wrong with mentioning the planb thing to her friend, IF she was not lying...then her friend would have no reason to lie, and I dont even think it woudl be that awkward if phrased well. On the other hand, if she lied, then her friend would probably try to make up some story to cover, which may or may not be the same.
0 Replies