IT'S TIME FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

parados

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 11:01 am
@okie,
Quote:
They paid it and then a month or so later, they canceled my homeowners insurance.

So... did your rates go up with the next company okie? Or did you lie to them about being dropped by Safeco to keep the rates down?
okie

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 11:11 pm
@parados,
I don't remember if they asked me, but I may have volunteered the reason why I was changing insurance anyway, parados. Frankly, the dog thing was silly, as it was no way a vicious dog, no way. I have now had homeowners insurance with Allstate for more than 20 years, no problem. And I've had Allstate for almost my entire life for my vehicles. I can tell you this much, they have made plenty of money off of me, but I recently had a hail claim, and I had nothing but pure satisfaction with the way they treated me.

By the way, I don't appreciate your comment about lying. I had no reason to lie to any insurance company, period. Do you judge others by the way you think, parados?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:47 pm
Will Obamacare Kill Jobs?

No, this is just the most recent of the many, many, lies told by the Republicans. The CBO said there will be job losses with the reform because health care will be cheaper, allowing more than a million workers to retire earlier. It is not job- killing when people retire earlier. See:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/will-obamacare-really-kill-jobs/19799214/
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 09:27 pm
Public opinion polls are very important but not directly for the opinions they measure. President Obama's approval is at an all-time low and I think Republicans have officially hit negative numbers. In one poll, 50% think Republicans should have more control of the economy (despite other polls putting their approval in single digits). So opinion polls show the general ignorance of the public. People think the economy sucks and they blame politicians yet every major stock market index is at record levels. Hmm, maybe the wealth is just being hoarded at the top? Nah. It's all the fault of the guy who believes in universal healthcare.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 09:31 am
@jcboy,
"General ignorance of the public" is spot on! They continue to contradict themselves on almost all issues that has to do with our democracy, economy, and politics! They're so confused, they vote to destroy this country.

However, when we have leadership that lies, creates universal health care so sloppy that many has to pay more or can't afford it, allows torture of prisoners, destroys our Constitution by allowing snooping on private citizens, and throw citizens into prison without legal representation is the worst kind of president we can have.

This country is broken in all respects.
Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 12:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Any chance of your fleshing out your post?

While there are problems with the website, I don't see much wrong with the ACA. It is virtually identical to the system in Germany, which has been highly successful for many years.

I don't see the current administration allowing torture. Indeed, we had a rogue NSA, which went overboard in the face of terror attacks on us and our allies.

I don't see, currently, people without representation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 12:33 pm
@Advocate,
You,
Quote:

Come on, Advocate, I know you're much smarter than that! Congress' performance rating is at their worst in history, but the voters keep voting them in again and again and.....

From ACLU.org.
Quote:
And while the Obama administration has repudiated the use of torture and prohibited use of the so-called “enhanced interrogation techniques,” to this day, the administration stands by its political calculation that the nation must look forward and not backward. The Justice Department has initiated a “preliminary review” of certain cases of detainee abuse by the CIA, but years after its initiation, the exact scope of that investigation remains unclear.

Without a formal legal reckoning with torture, there is a very real danger that torture will be part of our future and not just our past.

This is Obama's support of torture; by not repudiating what has happened and what is happening. Obama cannot be trusted; he lies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Obama to approve indefinite detention and torture of Americans ...
rt.com/usa/obama-detention-veto-defense-853/‎
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:03 pm
Hmm, I notice that Okie, who last posted here four or five posts back, hasn't posted anything at all on a2k since just about two years ago. Is he dead, finally? If so, looks like America's private for-huge-profits-at-patients'-expense healthcare system failed him. Poetic justice.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
From AFP.
Quote:
The president's approval ratings, battered by slow economic growth, the October partial government shutdown, and the clumsy health care law rollout, have sunk to around 40 percent, according to several recent polls.

A November 13 Quinnipiac University had him at 39 percent, a new low.

Obama's polling track at this point of his presidency are similar to that of George W. Bush, who left Washington with a paltry 34 percent approval.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You,
Quote:

Come on, Advocate, I know you're much smarter than that! Congress' performance rating is at their worst in history, but the voters keep voting them in again and again and.....

From ACLU.org.
Quote:
And while the Obama administration has repudiated the use of torture and prohibited use of the so-called “enhanced interrogation techniques,” to this day, the administration stands by its political calculation that the nation must look forward and not backward. The Justice Department has initiated a “preliminary review” of certain cases of detainee abuse by the CIA, but years after its initiation, the exact scope of that investigation remains

unclear

Without a formal legal reckoning with torture, there is a very real danger that torture will be part of our future and not just our past.

This is Obama's support of torture; by not repudiating what has happened and what is happening. Obama cannot be trusted; he lies.

You quote the ACLU, which says that O repudiated torture and forbids its future employment. As far as going back to go after past torturers, he probably figures that this would be a can of worms. Afterall, it was authorized by the White House.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 05:14 pm
@Advocate,
Obama lies! His statement about "repudiated torture" isn't supported by his support for the legislation that actually outlaws it. See my following post that shows Obama supports the detention of citizens and torture.

You are too gullible for your own good! Obama is a liar. Look at his record on spying on US citizens that goes against our Constitutional rights.

He also lied to all Americans about "if you like your health plan, you can keep it." All lies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 05:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Again from rt.com.
Quote:
The Obama administration has won the latest battle in their fight to indefinitely detain US citizens and foreigners suspected of being affiliated with terrorists under the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012.

Congress granted the president the authority to arrest and hold individuals accused of terrorism without due process under the NDAA, but Mr. Obama said in an accompanying signing statement that he will not abuse these privileges to keep American citizens imprisoned indefinitely. These assurances, however, were not enough to keep a group of journalists and human rights activists from filing a federal lawsuit last year, which contested the constitutionality of Section 1021, the particular provision that provides for such broad power.

A federal judge sided with the plaintiffs originally by granting an injunction against Section 1021, prompting the Obama administration to request an appeal last year. On Wednesday this week, an appeals court in New York ruled in favor of the government and once again allowed the White House to legally indefinitely detain persons that fit in the category of enemy combatants or merely provide them with support.

You trust this liar, I don't. This is the president who increased our troops in Afghanistan by 50,000. Why? Does he know that many who return from that front commit suicide? That many who return do not receive proper health care or any support?

spendius

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 05:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why would he care about such things?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 06:22 pm
@spendius,
That's the point; he doesn't.
Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 07:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The appeals court said that O was in the right.

O didn't lie about the healthcare plans. The law includes a provision that allows one to keep his old plan. It is not O's fault that the companies cancelled those plans because they would not be suitable for new insureds. Where is the lie?
Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 07:51 pm
@Advocate,
O did the 50,000 increase because his generals said that this would end the war. Of course, that was nonsense. He never did this again.

You now sound just like a right-winger.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:04 pm
@Advocate,
You,
Quote:
It is not O's fault that the companies cancelled those plans because they would not be suitable for new insureds.

That's an issue that should have been addressed BEFORE he implemented ObamaCare. This is a "democracy" where capitalism is the primary economic system. O cannot force companies to do anything that makes it unfavorable to them based on Obamacare.

O said, "You can keep the plan you now have." That was a lie. There is no provision in ObamaCare that forces companies to keep their plans.
Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
O didn't lie. He said people can keep their plans. It is implicit that the plan has to continue to exist for someone to keep it. As you indicated, O didn't eliminate the plans.

He is not a liar. And you cannot pin any lies on him.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:12 pm
@Advocate,
You are naive.

Quote:
Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 446 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc.

By Dan from Squirrel Hill

Posted on August 15, 2013. Updated on November 16, 2013.

As the author of this blog post, I place it into the public domain. Anyone may freely copy it in any part or in its entirely, without asking my permission, and without paying any money. I do ask you please cite a link to http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/