IT'S TIME FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

spendius

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 10:58 am
@okie,
I'm with Cyclo on this one. It is a fairly simple job actually. And any errors get cremated or buried except where the odd one out of the annual 2.4 million cull is a suitable case for raising a big stink to fill media's insatiable maw cost effectively. And puling and whining is hard to take.
okie

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:03 am
@spendius,
Spendius, I was agreeing with cyclops, and he complains. I can't win. And about the "puling and whining," I don't like whiners thats for sure, I haven't decided yet about "pulers," I don't know about that nor have I seen anyone "puling" yet, as far as I know, to have an opinion yet about it?

By the way, it is true that doctors have more chance to cover up their mistakes than many other professionals.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:09 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Spendius, I was agreeing with cyclops, and he complains. I can't win. And about the "puling and whining," I don't like whiners thats for sure, I haven't decided yet about "pulers," I don't know about that nor have I seen anyone "puling" yet, as far as I know, to have an opinion yet about it?

By the way, it is true that doctors have more chance to cover up their mistakes than many other professionals.

You weren't agreeing, don't be a ******* moron, Okie. You were trying to insult me and my political positions.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:29 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Now now, don't throw a tantrum, cyclops, do you have no sense of humor at all? Can't you take a little sarcasm without resorting to gutter and sewage behavior and language?

Actually, to borrow an expression from Rush, I happen to think a bit of sarcasm can illustrate absurdity with the absurd very well, and I think your opinions are often so ridiculous as to be totally absurd. Your post currently under discussion is a good example of the absurd, wherein you basically summarize the situation as I interpret it: like the job or quit it doesn't matter, we'll find any old yahoo out there to take care of the sick, after all they won't care and they are going to die anyway, Obama knows best. It really shows a basic lack of understanding or regard for the health care industry or the American people. I am sure I am not the only person out here that resents your liberal calloused attitude, cyclops, so I think you deserved the sarcasm directed at you.
sstainba

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:30 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:

You weren't agreeing, don't be a ******* moron, Okie. You were trying to insult me and my political positions.

Cycloptichorn

And he did it quite well. People are quitting. It's not hard to find articles talking about how physicians have started to refuse medicare/medicaid. It's not hard to find articles citing all of the students who will NOT go into primary care. Like it or not, Cyclo, you can't simply force everyone to do what you think they should for what you think they should be paid.
sstainba

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:33 am
@okie,
I completely agree. He's shown that same lack of understanding of the medical community in nearly every post made. But ya know, I suppose actual knowledge of the situation is irrelevant when you can just quote a bunch of other people with no knowledge who agree with you. It really all comes down to whoever screams the loudest.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:38 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Now now, don't throw a tantrum, cyclops, do you have no sense of humor at all? Can't you take a little sarcasm without resorting to gutter and sewage behavior and language?

Actually, to borrow an expression from Rush, I happen to think a bit of sarcasm can illustrate absurdity with the absurd very well, and I think your opinions are often so ridiculous as to be totally absurd. Your post currently under discussion is a good example of the absurd, wherein you basically summarize the situation as I interpret it: like the job or quit it doesn't matter, we'll find any old yahoo out there to take care of the sick, after all they won't care and they are going to die anyway, Obama knows best. It really shows a basic lack of understanding or regard for the health care industry or the American people. I am sure I am not the only person out here that resents your liberal calloused attitude, cyclops, so I think you deserved the sarcasm directed at you.

You are Appealing to Extremes and mis-representing my argument. I never said that we would get 'any old yahoo' to do the job; and I also specifically said that if we couldn't find qualified people to do it for less, we would be forced to re-examine how much we need to pay to get these jobs done.

That is exactly how the free market works, wouldn't you agree?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:39 am
@sstainba,
sstainba wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn

And he did it quite well. People are quitting. It's not hard to find articles talking about how physicians have started to refuse medicare/medicaid. It's not hard to find articles citing all of the students who will NOT go into primary care. Like it or not, Cyclo, you can't simply force everyone to do what you think they should for what you think they should be paid.

So, let them. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything at all. Let them quit.

I won't be held hostage to bluffs, so if they think it's better to quit then to take pay cuts - do it. We will deal with that situation when it arises.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:40 am
@sstainba,
sstainba wrote:

I completely agree. He's shown that same lack of understanding of the medical community in nearly every post made. But ya know, I suppose actual knowledge of the situation is irrelevant when you can just quote a bunch of other people with no knowledge who agree with you. It really all comes down to whoever screams the loudest.

This is no different then your assertion of authority on this matter, when the truth is you are no more informed then anyone else - and I don't give a **** how many 'doctor friends' you have.

Cycloptichorn
sstainba

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:50 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I won't be held hostage to bluffs, so if they think it's better to quit then to take pay cuts - do it. We will deal with that situation when it arises.

Cycloptichorn

Isn't that how we got in this mess? Not actually thinking anything through? Everyone just wants and wants NOW without any thought of the impacts. Unfortunately, by the time the situation arises, it will be a disaster and recovery could take years.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:52 am
@sstainba,
sstainba wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Isn't that how we got in this mess? Not actually thinking anything through? Everyone just wants and wants NOW without any thought of the impacts. Unfortunately, by the time the situation arises, it will be a disaster and recovery could take years.

I don't think this response adequately summarizes the current situation at all. But I can understand why you wrote it instead of accurately portraying the situation.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sstainba

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:54 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

This is no different then your assertion of authority on this matter, when the truth is you are no more informed then anyone else - and I don't give a **** how many 'doctor friends' you have.

Cycloptichorn

Of course you don't care. You can't validate all of your idiotic ideas if you concede the point that you don't actually have any functional knowledge of the system you're critiquing. And you surely don't want to accept that other people with contrary opinions do have that knowledge.

If you don't give a **** about my "doctor friends" (to say nothing about my personal experience), you should try reading the stuff written by the actual physicians. KevinMD.com or google TheHappyHospitalist blog. I'm sure you won't - again because their opinions as actual physicians run contrary to you completely baseless opinions.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:56 am
@sstainba,
sstainba wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Of course you don't care. You can't validate all of your idiotic ideas if you concede the point that you don't actually have any functional knowledge of the system you're critiquing. And you surely don't want to accept that other people with contrary opinions do have that knowledge.

If you don't give a **** about my "doctor friends" (to say nothing about my personal experience), you should try reading the stuff written by the actual physicians. KevinMD.com or google TheHappyHospitalist blog. I'm sure you won't - again because their opinions as actual physicians run contrary to you completely baseless opinions.

I did read both those blogs, and - especially on the second one - I believe that these people are starting from a political viewpoint and searching for evidence to support it.

I also believe, as Rabel posted above, that anyone will fight and come up with arguments to prevent their pay from being cut, no matter the validity of doing so or not.

Cycloptichorn
sstainba

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 12:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I did read both those blogs, and - especially on the second one - I believe that these people are starting from a political viewpoint and searching for evidence to support it.

I also believe, as Rabel posted above, that anyone will fight and come up with arguments to prevent their pay from being cut, no matter the validity of doing so or not.

Cycloptichorn

The problem with your "arguing against pay cut" thing is that hospitalists (like on thehappyhospitalist blog) don't get paid by medicare/medicaid. They get paid by the hospital and are paid the same, regardless of the type of insurance. So what's in it for them to argue against this "reform" ?
rabel22

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 10:37 pm
@sstainba,
I dont know what kind of doctors you go to but the ones i go to arnt paid by a hospital. They are paid by me and my insurance both private and medicare. You must use the emergency rooms for your medical care.
roger

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 10:55 pm
@rabel22,
Our hospital (there's only one) does it both ways. They have staff physicians and private physicians who are accredited in some way to use the facilities. The private docs have certain nights and weekends when they are on call. They must also reside within a 30 minute distance of the hospital. I'm pretty sure they represent the majority of the doctors using the hospital, though not the chiefs-of-services, and residents.
roger

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 10:57 pm
@roger,
I should add that it is my understanding that some hospitals, like The Mayo and the Cleveland Clinic have nothing but hospital salaried doctors.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 06:54 am
@okie,
you completely missed the point of what Cycloptichorn wrote.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 06:57 am
@okie,
WHAT???!!! You were agreeing with Cycloptichorn? Your communication skills are so minimal that no one understands when you agree or disagree.

Furthermore, if you dislike whining so much, why are you always whining here?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 07:00 am
@okie,
When are you going to learn that everyone of your attempts at humor, sarcasm and wit misfires?

This same thing happens again and again and again.

You seriously need to take a look at yourself. You are not funny. You do not communicate well and your ideas are so skewed as to be unchartable.
0 Replies