IT'S TIME FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

okie

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 09:45 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Did he expect it to be?

Did cyclops expect to be? Did cyclops want it to be? Does cyclops know?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:24 pm

Five things we learned about Obamacare ... after it passed

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:37 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

spendius wrote:

Did he expect it to be?

Did cyclops expect to be? Did cyclops want it to be? Does cyclops know?

Pathetic

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:38 pm
This is interesting.
The CBO said that the healthcare bill was "revenue neutral".
Now they are saying we cant sustain the debt.
If we cant, then why did they say the bill wouldnt add to the debt?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/35546.html

Quote:
The nation’s fiscal path is “unsustainable,” and the problem “cannot be solved through minor tinkering,” the head of the Congressional Budget Office said Thursday morning.

Doug Elmendorf, best known for arbitrating the costs of various health care proposals, added his voice to a growing chorus of economic experts who predict dire consequences if political leaders don’t scale back spending, increase taxes or both " and soon.

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:38 pm
@okie,

Cycloptichorn = Pathetic
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:40 pm
@mysteryman,
This has nothing to do with health care reform at all. The article doesn't even really talk about it. Why did you post this here?

Besides - what does he recommend? Raising taxes and cutting spending, which is exactly my recommendation...

Cycloptichorn
mysteryman

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:52 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I didnt mean to post it here.
I thought I was posting it in the economy thread.
Thats what I get for not double checking before I hit "reply".
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:53 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I didnt mean to post it here.
I thought I was posting it in the economy thread.
Thats what I get for not double checking before I hit "reply".

haha, I've done that before! No worries.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 09:13 pm
@H2O MAN,

You don't even mention the hundreds of things we will find out months and years down the road. The one thing we needed to know though, we already know, it is a total and absolute disaster foisted upon us by somebody that knows nothing about medical care.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 05:58 am
Women loses insurance coverage 1 week before surgery, and her insurance was medicaid.

http://cbs4.com/local/Diana.Smith.Woman.2.1623788.html

Quote:
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBS4) ― Diana Smith has gone through six months of radiation and chemotherapy -- one week out of every month. She fears she will die without the bone marrow transplant scheduled for Tuesday.

A Hollywood woman who was dropped from Medicaid coverage while needing a bone marrow transplant is finally getting the coverage and treatment she needs to stay alive.

Diana Smith is battling a rare form of Leukemia and needs the transplant to survive. She managed to raise money to pay for it thanks to her friends and the community, but then last week she found out her Medicaid coverage was dropped " putting her operation on hold

And just so we all know what we are talking about, here is what medicaid is...

http://www.fdhc.state.fl.us/medicaid/flmedicaid.shtml

Quote:
Medicaid is the state and federal partnership that provides health coverage for selected categories of people with low incomes. Its purpose is to improve the health of people who might otherwise go without medical care for themselves and their children. Medicaid is different in every state.

Florida implemented the Medicaid program on January 1, 1970, to provide medical services to indigent people. Over the years, the Florida Legislature has authorized Medicaid reimbursement for additional services. A major expansion occurred in 1989, when the United States Congress mandated that states provide all Medicaid services allowable under the Social Security Act to children under the age of 21

So here we have the govt denying a woman the surgery that will save her life, and you want them running your healthcare?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 12:02 am
Is this man the greatest liar of all time or the dumbest man to ever become president, which one is it? We are obviously given only those two possibilities.
Each sentence quote contains evidence of being either one of the dumbest presidents of all time, or of being one of the biggest liars ever to reside in the Whitehouse.

"At Thursday's fundraiser, Obama garnered the biggest applause of the night when he lauded the passage of the sweeping health care legislation, which he praised for cutting the deficit and putting reforms in place that would offer coverage to more Americans.

"For all the sound and fury and all the scare tactics... the law doesn't hand more control to the government," the president said, "it gives it back to you, the American people."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/15/obama-renews-bipartisanship-takes-jab-tea-partiers/

Below viewing threshold (view)
plainoldme

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 07:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Senator Striptease?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 03:02 pm
@plainoldme,

Waitress Sandwich?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 03:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
Squirt,

You forgot to mention that you play Squirt Johnson, okie plays Okie Johnson and Sarah Palin plays Sarah Johnson.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 05:23 pm

Obamacare is the obamafornication of America.
0 Replies

sstainba

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 09:20 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

So, you're pissed because the new system means you'll have to help pay for others' health care?

Cycloptichorn

I, for one, am. Why should it be my responsibility to take care of everyone else - many of which refuse to take care of themselves. I think the last estimate I heard was just over 50% of Americans do no pay any taxes. So yeah, I'm not terribly pleased that 40% of what I earn is stolen by parasites. And now, they want to take even more.
sstainba

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 09:22 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Raising taxes and cutting spending, which is exactly my recommendation...

Cycloptichorn

How about cutting spending on medicaid and medicare by disallowing abuse of the system by patients? I'd like to see that.
Advocate

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 09:23 am
@sstainba,
You have no conception how insurance works. I see you feel that the American worker is a parasite.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 09:41 am
@sstainba,
sstainba wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

So, you're pissed because the new system means you'll have to help pay for others' health care?

Cycloptichorn

I, for one, am. Why should it be my responsibility to take care of everyone else - many of which refuse to take care of themselves.

Because you pay for their health care anyways - and you know it. These people don't just sit there and die when they get old and sick, they hit up the emergency rooms and overwhelm what free clinics there are. They get sick and lose their jobs and start getting disability from the government instead of being productive. You know there's no way around their healthcare costs... you just don't like to admit it, because it hurts your right-wing sense of personal pride at your own wealth and hardworking nature.

Quote:
I think the last estimate I heard was just over 50% of Americans do no pay any taxes. So yeah, I'm not terribly pleased that 40% of what I earn is stolen by parasites. And now, they want to take even more.

Rolling Eyes You are referring to income taxes. It is inaccurate to say that 50% of Americans pay no taxes. And to call these people 'parasites' is a disgusting attitude.

A single mother with a kid who works 40 hours a week likely pays little to no taxes. Your trash collector and the people who stock the shelves at your grocery store likely pay no taxes. You think these people are parasites? That they do nothing but leach off of you?

Typical Rich Bitching.

Cycloptichorn