Governor Spitzer Releases Email Addresses

gollum

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:10 pm
It was recently in the newspapers that New York State Governor Spitzer accidently released the email addresses of people applying for jobs in his administration.

Where were they released? Who got to see them? Are they still available? Where?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,805 • Replies: 103
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 12:41 am
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:33 am
Spitzer Office Finds E-Mail Can Be Revealing
I knew that. I wish to see the e-mail addresses.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 12:24 pm
Spitzer is in a brand-spanking new chunk of trouble --

Spitzer Is Linked to Prostitution Ring
ALBANY - Gov. Eliot Spitzer has informed his most senior administration officials that he had been involved in a prostitution ring, an administration official said this morning.

Mr. Spitzer, who was huddled with his top aides inside his Fifth Avenue apartment early this afternoon, had hours earlier abruptly canceled his scheduled public events for the day. He scheduled an announcement for 2:15 after inquiries from the Times.

Mr. Spitzer, a first term Democrat who pledged to bring ethics reform an end the often seamy ways of Albany, is married with three children.
(NYT article)
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:01 pm
In June 2005, New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson hailed Eliot Spitzer as "the future of the (Democratic) party."

He is resigning as I type this ....
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:18 pm
I wonder what "involved in a prostitution ring" means. Was he the receptionist, the pimp, the service provider or the customer?

Makes me glad there isn't a governor with all that demonstrated management experience running for president this time.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:22 pm
That's what i was wondering too. Was he the john, the prostitute, the pimp, what???
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:28 pm
He was caught soliticiting a hooker while FBI was running a sting on hi-$$$ prostitutuion sting -- wiretap by the FBI.

Not only is it interesting, as he was best known for being THE best-known hard-charging State's Atty. General, He vowed to clean up NY State politics.

Perhaps he was just doing deep under-cover work?

I sure hope that hummer he may have gotten from that $1000-$5000/hr hooker was worth it?

Maybe he got caught as he was trying to make arrangements for it? Man, talk about political suicide.

HE's gone because after his stance after his 'Trooper-gate' problem, he was on the ropes. Now you can stick a fork in his political career.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:39 pm
Lagging behind in my New Yorker reading, I have this article in my to-read stack -

The Humbling of Eliot Spitzer, Nick Paumgarten, Dec. 10, 2007 issue
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:43 pm
Laughing

Couldn't happen to a nicer fella. I was just going to post this story, glad to see folks keeping up to date.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:48 pm
Ragman wrote:
He was caught soliticiting a hooker while FBI was running a sting on hi-$$$ prostitutuion sting -- wiretap by the FBI.

Not only is it interesting, as he was best known for being THE best-known hard-charging State's Atty. General, He vowed to clean up NY State politics.

Perhaps he was just doing deep under-cover work?

I sure hope that hummer he may have gotten from that $1000-$5000/hr hooker was worth it?

Maybe he got caught as he was trying to make arrangements for it? Man, talk about political suicide.

HE's gone because after his stance after his 'Trooper-gate' problem, he was on the ropes. Now you can stick a fork in his political career.

LOL for 5k you get a lot more than a hummer.

No word if he will resign. At this point, it is assumed he was involved as a john.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 01:51 pm
He'd be foolish not to resign for the sake of gov't and his party. My prediction is that within 24 hrs to 72 hrs tops he will resign.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:07 pm
One of the johns complained that his hooker looked like a butcher. I guess she wasn't one of the Seven Diamond Girls...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0306082emperor3.gif
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:08 pm
Is this Elliot's girl? Not bad!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0306082inside1.jpg
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:15 pm
Isn't Spitzer Hillary's NY campaign coordinator, head of NY state's democratic party and one of her super delegates?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:16 pm
hmm..is she THAT good that he would punt away the Governorship, a shot at the Presidency in 2012, AND potentially ruin his marriage?

What a colossally arrogant idiot!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 02:37 pm
sheesh
that's just stupid

~~~

he'd done a pretty good job on cleaning up insurance fraud in the NY/NJ area - I'd hoped that would carry over into other financial areas

~~~

schtoopidity
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 03:05 pm
Got caught on a wire tap. The guys from The Wire would be proud.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 03:37 pm
So far, no resignation. And there shouldn't be if what he'd done was visiting a prostitute (outside of some political history where he gained or kept power through campaigning on this matter... his pursuit of corruption in the financial world didn't include going after execs for using prostitutes, for example). But it will hurt his future as America has a pathological condition as regards penises and vaginas.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 03:42 pm
Re: Governor Spitzer Releases Email Addresses
gollum wrote:
It was recently in the newspapers that New York State Governor Spitzer accidently released the email addresses of people applying for jobs in his administration.

Where were they released? Who got to see them? Are they still available? Where?

Something tells me his "releasing days" are over, for quite awhile.
0 Replies