Bush's 'hail Mary' Or will it be another fumble

revel

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:43 am
The comment was a few pages ago that bombing from the air works and it is working right in Somalia.

U.S. official: No al-Qaeda suspects killed in Somalia airstrikes

About whether this last ditch effort will work, I don't know. Either way I just see more death and destruction.

'Gated communities' planned for Baghdad

Are they more or less creating another green zone inside Baghdad?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:26 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
Webpage Title

I hope Ticomaya and Timberlandko do not mind. I still will not forget. Crying or Very sad

That should be shown everyday even though some say it's just too hard on the American people to see that footage That's code for, don't remind the American people.

It is hard, but someone must remember. I make it a rule not to put bumper stickers on my vehicle. In this case I broke that rule. It is not a bumper sticker but a picture. That way every time I see my car I remember and everytime someone is in a car behind me they have to remember.

Also, here is in Lakewood, WA home of McChord Air Force Base and Ft. Lewis.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:00 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
Webpage Title

I hope Ticomaya and Timberlandko do not mind. I still will not forget. Crying or Very sad

That should be shown everyday even though some say it's just too hard on the American people to see that footage That's code for, don't remind the American people.

It is hard, but someone must remember. I make it a rule not to put bumper stickers on my vehicle. In this case I broke that rule. It is not a bumper sticker but a picture. That way every time I see my car I remember and everytime someone is in a car behind me they have to remember.

I find it impossible NOT to remember & even today when i see the footage, I still can't believe it.
My husband is retired USAF, he still works for DOD on Lackland AFB, what many here say about our troops not wanting to finish this war is just a lie. I can't blame them though, they're just swallowing the trash the NYT, The Guardian, WP & other tabloids report & they (Cindy Sheehans supporters) are either too lazy to find the truth or don't want the truth.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:43 pm
LoneStarMadam,
I think you have a reasonable way of thinking and make it apparent in what you write. I do not think anyone wants war. At least not reasonable people. The fact is we did invade Iraq and we are at war with the terrorists. I have no doubt that these terrorists will come after us again. If we just leave Iraq and the people then not only do we give in, but we let the Iraq people down because we said we would stay and help them. I rather this whole situation be over and done with, but it is not. So, we can only do the best we can to reach that goal.
I really wonder what France, Germany or any other country in Europe what have done if they were attacked the way we were. It is always easier to sit back, judge and criticize when you are not the target.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:45 pm
Nothing like simplistic thinking to clear up those damn complicated political questions...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:47 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
I really wonder what France, Germany or any other country in Europe what have done if they were attacked the way we were. It is always easier to sit back, judge and criticize when you are not the target.

France would have immediately surrendered, of course.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 02:00 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:

France would have immediately surrendered, of course.

Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 02:03 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
Webpage Title

Yeah, you guys are right. We need a website to remind us. Things like this are so much better when put into a slideshow with appropriate music then the real thing. The memory of walking around like a zombie all day not knowing what to do, seeing people with white dust all over them from the fallen towers, the week or so of anthrax scares, and that giant hole in the ground don't quite do it justice like that link of yours...or maybe a good bumpersticker.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 02:23 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
LoneStarMadam,
I think you have a reasonable way of thinking and make it apparent in what you write. I do not think anyone wants war. At least not reasonable people. The fact is we did invade Iraq and we are at war with the terrorists. I have no doubt that these terrorists will come after us again. If we just leave Iraq and the people then not only do we give in, but we let the Iraq people down because we said we would stay and help them. I rather this whole situation be over and done with, but it is not. So, we can only do the best we can to reach that goal.

Of course nobody wants war, for sure not those fighting the war.
I too believe that the terrorists will come again, especially if they see us as a paper tiger like OBL said we were when we did nothing to fight the terrorist attacks in the 90's. We leave Iraq, Afghanistan, before the job is done, no matter how long it takes, we will be seen as OBL did see us & I'd have to agree. I want our guys & gals to come home, I want my grandson home, but not until it's finished, he & most other members of the military feel the same way.
I wonder what would've happened during WWII had the media been then like it is today, we'd never have gotten off the beaches at Normandy. We did have war protesters then, but we had many more patriotic citizens then too. Not so many Ramsey Clarks & cCndy Sheehans.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 09:06 am
LSM
How do you have the audacity to compare WW2 with this abomination, Bush's war in Iraq.

That was a war that needed to be fought and this a war that we the US started and never should have been. The purpose in accordance to the great seer in the White House was to fight terror but in effect only strenghened the terrorists hand.

If there is any justice Bush will pay for his crimes against humanity.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:11 pm
au1929, hear, hear.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 10:14 am
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 10:28 am
Bush's Iraq plan, between the lines

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/01/12/opinion/edcord.php?page=1