TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:08 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Are you related to LSM, TTH?

Who is LSM?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:08 am
Cycloptichorn is like a cobra. Ready to strike. You don't even know he's there and all of a sudden..... wham!.... he nails your ass.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:09 am
I am not afraid.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:09 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Are you related to LSM, TTH?

Who is LSM?

She wears a pointy hat and lives in the north.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:11 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
Good at what :wink:

Surprise me.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:13 am
Be careful what you ask for.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:15 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
Maybe some should talk to the very soldiers who go over there and back. See what they think. I have talked to quite a few. They do not think it is time to leave.

It's interesting to hear you say that, because I've talked to quite a few who think it is time to go.

Cycloptichorn

And who might that be? Airforce, Army, Marines?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:16 am
to answer the question directly...not a fumble... a total f*ck up.

Why should this new "strategy" be any different?

He's stretching it out so he can hand it off the the next president and not have to be the one who "lost the war". That's been said by many, it encapsulates the situation perfectly and really anything else said is just rhetorical.

F8cking loser.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:19 am
Unfortunately, I guess you are entitled to your opinion, since others died so you could have it.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:20 am
I don't see you as President. It sure is easy to point the finger though.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:21 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

He's stretching it out so he can hand it off the the next president and not have to be the one who "lost the war". That's been said by many, it encapsulates the situation perfectly and really anything else said is just rhetorical.

F8cking loser.

I'm very glad he's not the President who sat on his hands and ignored the problem and hoped it would go away.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:22 am
My sentiments exactly.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:22 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
Maybe some should talk to the very soldiers who go over there and back. See what they think. I have talked to quite a few. They do not think it is time to leave.

It's interesting to hear you say that, because I've talked to quite a few who think it is time to go.

Cycloptichorn

And who might that be? Airforce, Army, Marines?

Regular Army and National Guard, some Marines.

It isn't a uniform view by any means - you have to realize, of course, that it is quite psychologically important for these soldiers to believe that what they are doing is the right thing to do, that the death and destruction around them isn't for nothing. It skews their percepetions and feelings; even the ones who think we should leave go through a tough internal struggle about it.

You said (to bear I guess)
Quote:
Unfortunately, I guess you are entitled to your opinion, since others died so you could have it.

Why is it unfortunate that he is entitled to his opinion?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:24 am
If I remember correctly that would have been clinton.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:33 am
I say unfortunate since he/she is so negative.
The soldiers I have spoken with have not only gone once or twice, but volunteer to go back again. I do not think they are disillusioned at all. They are the ones who have told me the worse thing the US could do right now is leave. I haven't been there so I do not know. I can only say what those who have been there say.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:36 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

F8cking loser.

I'm very glad he's not the President who sat on his hands and ignored the problem and hoped it would go away.

because things are now going so smoothly....have been going smoothly.... and the outlook is positive. Got it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:36 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
If I remember correctly that would have been clinton.

BINGO.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:37 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
I say unfortunate since he/she is so negative.
The soldiers I have spoken with have not only gone once or twice, but volunteer to go back again. I do not think they are disillusioned at all. They are the ones who have told me the worse thing the US could do right now is leave. I haven't been there so I do not know. I can only say what those who have been there say.

As I said above

Quote:
it is quite psychologically important for these soldiers to believe that what they are doing is the right thing to do, that the death and destruction around them isn't for nothing.

I'm sure the soldiers you spoke to did believe in the mission. It is quite important for their psyche for them to believe in the mission. But this doesn't tell us anything at all about whether or not it is a good mission, or a workable one, or one that was started honorably and will end that way. Soldiers want to do their job just like anyone else and for the most part aren't concerned about the dangers involved; but they are not objective judges as to the overal goal.

Their perspective is no greater than yours or mine on this issue.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:39 am
You talk like they are robots with no mind of their own. They know what is happening and that they might come back home. I think they actually have a brain.
0 Replies