[answered] Are PMs really private?

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:11 am
kickycan wrote:

Okay, I have to go PM Ticomaya now to tell him what a bitch I think bella is. (kidding!)

I've egged your house. (kidding!)

Not really.

But it makes me sound so much nicer if I said I was kidding.

But I really did.

Fried ones.

And poached.

And a few hard boiled.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:15 am
Hey, kicky, Bella sure is a bitch, isn't she. I have never like her and that is why I am sending you this private message. Because... I believe you share a hatred for that whore. Anyway, since this is a private message, we both can feel secure in the fact that Bella will never read it.

I hate her so.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:16 am
Did kicky pee in your cornflakes this morning, Bella?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:16 am
I HIT THE WRONG FRIGGIN BUTTON! GOOD FRIGGIN LORD!!!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:18 am
I'm dead. Bella will string me up and feed me to the crows.

I deserve such a fate.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:18 am
Laughing

Oh Gus....how I love your contempt and vile loathing of me.....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:20 am
Oh gus.......

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/erc/ERC5_3/Golden%20CeKa.JPG
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:20 am
Mebbe you hit the right button, gus, but some evil Admin type on PM Monitor duty intercepted your PM and forwarded onto this thread ....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:21 am
timberlandko wrote:
Mebbe you hit the right button, gus, but some evil Admin type on PM Monitor duty intercepted your PM and forwarded onto this thread ....

Jes? She will pay for this, timber. She will pay.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:55 am
mQGiBDyRqAMRBADjxwRxYCPmbKij4seX3N6w+Lfk+AcZ9JspnKILgmvCMSbWSD3+ bSJpQIBHExoXMImoChRr5dNBTn8Pyz9Hn885FwRfOwWC2+4MqQdpc+WEeHx2JAdr MhL4rtGU+qGuhb41rKyJIRXvYvruJnUPfo++roakGQt8OSfcAryof2MptQCg/3hH kSqTfYQuq1uXujRw1UapSQcD/086BcriXNpJj58bqXc4P0gU3yNJMEwCE1VYuJ9b lU+jdjLCDoEoYiZGfQaqfJyWULSNzPz80ZuBVL3lnmizFhTGz0Sfvxf2iWzJiGQF mtYdBnjptiRyh0Fm74NXeRmdYDmTN3ek0X5laG/xvjxr5JOFBt6p7PytmbpSYd6u 0dmTA/0bngAHPw9zSUCjgXRbTlhTwYv10VhY17vpgpPHXFKQnDQbHQAmYT4wYI9o Tesa1QUaA0zjyjZxP7iqOsoTwRmtxUFbQ9Uw0tDtyEY6hcuVC4z7EBCOqwBcF8zD aQwZn/DxEWLRjlWQ8ltAv16LkEUOWRAj+yvUlQIea37d2IOVrbQjRHIuUGFydGhh IDxhbGdvbG9nQGhkMS52c25sLm5ldC5pbj6JAE4EEBECAA4FAjyRqAMECwMCAQIZ AQAKCRBUWo57kay3+np+AJ9OK5dmrJWu2ws9k6KPNoyhpUkcIgCg33Ugux7YJg2P fHRQGFfTNM85u6y5Ag0EPJGoAxAIAPZCV7cIfwgXcqK61qlC8wXo+VMROU+28W65 Szgg2gGnVqMU6Y9AVfPQB8bLQ6mUrfdMZIZJ+AyDvWXpF9Sh01D49Vlf3HZSTz09 jdvOmeFXklnN/biudE/F/Ha8g8VHMGHOfMlm/xX5u/2RXscBqtNbno2gpXI61Brw v0YAWCvl9Ij9WE5J280gtJ3kkQc2azNsOA1FHQ98iLMcfFstjvbzySPAQ/ClWxiN jrtVjLhdONM0/XwXV0OjHRhs3jMhLLUq/zzhsSlAGBGNfISnCnLWhsQDGcgHKXrK lQzZlp+r0ApQmwJG0wg9ZqRdQZ+cfL2JSyIZJrqrol7DVekyCzsAAgIIAL9j1bND w+onNL+IwZPbi4N7qoBjGVLzTe89GeVp8JPq8NF1m4IsWu9yRNzPoF0tCdCdyESF U1bA24G03770z9nvs0yp62mRxz2zKDJEzzx3pGRsQ1ywi4dlmCzH00vngc1ZJHAb 4HC6wOyWzBcIribdino0e42vKdw7oAFPhJUw7VAOALGx7RVHSwPAeM3wUlaPi7xo IWNznuiEWp8KhsGGC3VMjLXSQvZJoVtoyDCq2OxcIOE3lWiWUHTUdQaIOF1h5K83 qOK7EREu1Ipbw9sXUjTWLk4heydnib0bjZ778GvopPK1j3Nk5/8UUL2u+QrPZZ1f 6j238Rt1/orbqIaJAEYEGBECAAYFAjyRqAMACgkQVFqOe5Gst/p4EgCeMp7iM8xx Ova8nam3brMKxDfp9dcAoL9GbjFGpxz9U1Bnn93pOvihmfwR =Wh/P
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:57 am
Was TTH really making an accusation about administrators? She could have been talking about members only. I remember that someone once asked another poster about their qualifications on a scientific subject. The poster replied by PM. The next day, the other poster told everyone on the thread what the guy's scientific expertise was limited to. Then, the offended poster said he would report a terms of service violation for divulging the contents of a private message.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:28 pm
kicky wrote:
... I just wanted to defend her, because everyone else here seems to want to disparage her just for being concerned about something that makes sense to be concerned about.

kicky wrote:
I'm just sick of people piling on just because they've been here for a while and think that they know everything and that someone who might not be sure about something is fair game for ridicule and derision. I think if someone has a legitimate concern or question, they should be able to pursue the answers without being attacked ... It's more the attitude that you got from people that I'm bothered by.

Now, while we've all been distracted by this PM thing, something else has been going on we've all overlooked - just think about those two posts from kicky - this is really important; Who's responsible, and what have they done with the real kicky?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:35 pm
Actually I get what Kicky is saying there and agree in principle. There's something about TTH's tone (not at all just here, and not always, but often enough that I've noticed it) that I find irritating, but "tone" is pretty much impossible to support. I mention it just because I generally agree with the idea of don't gang up on the newbie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:50 pm
The newbie has 4261 posts. I don't feel like going back through the thread to find the allusions to administration nosiness. As I said before, the question itself was fine.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:04 pm
There's that too. (When is a newbie no longer a newbie? I think it has something to do with time here and posts in the "general population" as opposed to insular places like the Marlboro whatever.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:06 pm
I'll concede on that.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:15 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Now, while we've all been distracted by this PM thing, something else has been going on we've all overlooked - just think about those two posts from kicky - this is really important; Who's responsible, and what have they done with the real kicky?

Razz
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:34 pm
Wow, it's cool to watch Kicky and Bella when they're angry at each other, instead of just the usual "Let's f#ck" that we hear from them. It adds another dimension to the sexual tension. It's like an episode of Moonlighting in here!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:38 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Wow, it's cool to watch Kicky and Bella when they're angry at each other, instead of just the usual "Let's f#ck" that we hear from them. It adds another dimension to the sexual tension. It's like an episode of Moonlighting in here!

Kicky's pretty hot right about now.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:47 pm
kickycan wrote:
I think TTH had a legitimate question. I realize that we all know how great things are here and how wonderful the mods and administrative people are, but she doesn't, and she's asking a simple question that she doesn't understand. So why is everyone getting on her case about it? She has her answer now anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. I just wanted to defend her, because everyone else here seems to want to disparage her just for being concerned about something that makes sense to be concerned about.

You need a better BS detector.

A legitimate concern is one thing....and I do not think anyone would have "got on her case" about such a concern legitimately expressed. However, the "I know but I won't tell" gaminess is really inappropriate...especially when linked with a serious accusation.
0 Replies