TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:29 am
Do you even have bald eagles in Wisconsin? Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:29 am
Ticomaya wrote:
I agree, Timber ... it has promise.

But it would help if TTH would spill her guts.

Spill my guts, that would not be pretty.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:37 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Do tell TTH! PM me if you want to keep it between us.

:wink:

Oh yeah! Right. Like somebody's going to really spill it to someone with a monicker like Dorothy Parker. As a reviewer, she once described the play "The House Beautiful" as "The Play Lousy". Also, "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her drink." The list is enormous.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:44 am
Perhaps this is the information you seek:

http://able2know.com/privacy.php

I. Your Privacy at Able2know

When registering you do not need to provide any information except the bare minimum that we need for your account: a username, email and a password. Unlike many other sites we will never sell the emails to unscrupulous spammers. In fact, we won't sell emails or give them to anyone regardless of their scruples unless we are ordered to by law (in the extreme case that law enforcement formally requests this information we will comply with the law). We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our commitment to your privacy please don't hesitate to contact us, there is nothing we know of that we can do to show more respect for your privacy but if you think there is let us know.

V. Posting to the site

If you post a message on the site it is stored in a database. The pages then display information from the database so that others can read your post on the forums. This is how any dynamic site works, the text has to be stored somewhere so that it can be displayed.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:44 am
A breeding pair of Baldies lives less than a mile straight north of me, and another about the same distance - mebbe a little more - down to the southwest. Both pairs have old, old, generations-old nests (technically "aeries" ) about the size of a Volkswagon. Great to see the adults hunting the fields, and in late summer, early fall the fledglings are really fun to watch; they kinda-sorta-don't-quite-yet have the grace-and-majesty thing all figured out. In February, early March, the adults do their mating sparring - just incredible to watch. All sortsa hawks and owls, and some osprey, too. The hawks and ospreys ain't real fond of the eagles; eagles sorta regard hawks and ospreys the way we regard fast-food delivery folks. The owls don't much give a hoot - they're mostly on the night shift.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:48 am
timberlandko wrote:
A breeding pair of Baldies lives less than a mile straight north of me, and another about the same distance - mebbe a little more - down to the southwest. Both pairs have old, old, generations-old nests (technically "aeries" ) about the size of a Volkswagon. Great to see the adults hunting the fields, and in late summer, early fall the fledglings are really fun to watch; they kinda-sorta-don't-quite-yet have the grace-and-majesty thing all figured out. In February, early March, the adults do their mating sparring - just incredible to watch. All sortsa hawks and owls, and some osprey, too. The hawks and ospreys ain't real fond of the eagles; eagles sorta regard hawks and ospreys the way we regard fast-food delivery folks. The owls don't much give a hoot - they're mostly on the night shift.

We have few left. They are more in Alaska. I think they are beautiful birds.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:49 am
Oh - and since ya bring up spilled guts, nothin' like a fresh, steamy gut pile to draw eagles - juveniles, mostly, but adults too, sometimes. When adult eagles show up, even the racoons back off. Fishers don't, though ... them critters is just plain mean, and not much cares to mess with 'em ... more than once, anyhow.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:50 am
Butrflynet,
Thank you for that (I mean it with sincerety) and yes I have read that. I guess if we lived in the perfect world it might be true.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:54 am
Look at it this way, if you really saw what you think you saw, the moderators also already saw it, so it's really not any kind of a secret, and you should feel no constraints on divulging your observation.

In other words .... spill the beans, please.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:56 am
A juvenile Baldy (prolly its 2nd winter - they don't develop the white head and bright yellow beak 'till around 4 to 5 years of age) enjoying a red fox (gonna guess the fox was roadkill):

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6636/youngbaldyredfoxwk5.jpg
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 12:57 am
That's the whole point. We don't live in a perfect world. If we put it out there, it's available for others to read. That's how message board software works.

Is your beef that the label for the PM button says "private?" Perhaps you're right. It may give some folk a false sense of security if they aren't that well informed about the nature of the internet and software.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:09 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Look at it this way, if you really saw what you think you saw, the moderators also already saw it, so it's really not any kind of a secret, and you should feel no constraints on divulging your observation.

No
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:10 am
Well, shouldn't private mean "private"?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:24 am
I used to have a private toilet ("restroom") in my office - it was later called 'meeting point'.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 01:32 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
Well, shouldn't private mean "private"?

Within the terms of the privacy policy, it does.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 02:08 am
dadpad wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:

bunny you are cute Very Happy

I am Psychic. I will now predict something.

I predict TTH will die a horrible and painfull death very soon. Probably in the jaws of a ravening dropbear.

Ps I think your cute too flossy

Well, I'm not.

And that's "you're"...in case you needed proof, marsupial brain.

Ticomaya wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
Good answer "paranoia" when you do not have one. I know what I saw.

What did you see?

Let me guess: "If I told you I would have to kill you." Rolling Eyes

(Did I mention HOW much it hurts me to agree with Ticomayonnaise?)

tryingtohelp wrote:
Oh yeah like that would go over real good.

Yep, god help us if anyone should actually give accurate information about a serious accusation against a site whose creator and hench Jespah many of us have known for years, and whose probity and integrity we have witnessed constantly over those years, through thick and thin, irresolvable disagreement, and mutual huffiness.

Ticomaya wrote:
I agree, Timber ... it has promise.

But it would help if TTH would spill her guts.

Oh no....it is far more fun to make feckless accusations and attempt to instil paranoia amongst the masses.

roger wrote:
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Do tell TTH! PM me if you want to keep it between us.

:wink:

Oh yeah! Right. Like somebody's going to really spill it to someone with a monicker like Dorothy Parker. As a reviewer, she once described the play "The House Beautiful" as "The Play Lousy". Also, "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her drink." The list is enormous.

But none of it suggests she could not keep a secret.

Evil or Very Mad

Butrflynet wrote:
Perhaps this is the information you seek:

http://able2know.com/privacy.php

I. Your Privacy at Able2know

When registering you do not need to provide any information except the bare minimum that we need for your account: a username, email and a password. Unlike many other sites we will never sell the emails to unscrupulous spammers. In fact, we won't sell emails or give them to anyone regardless of their scruples unless we are ordered to by law (in the extreme case that law enforcement formally requests this information we will comply with the law). We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our commitment to your privacy please don't hesitate to contact us, there is nothing we know of that we can do to show more respect for your privacy but if you think there is let us know.

V. Posting to the site

If you post a message on the site it is stored in a database. The pages then display information from the database so that others can read your post on the forums. This is how any dynamic site works, the text has to be stored somewhere so that it can be displayed.

A voice of reason?

Lynch her!

Rolling Eyes

timberlandko wrote:

Yer still bald.

Twisted Evil

tryingtohelp wrote:
Butrflynet,
Thank you for that (I mean it with sincerety) and yes I have read that. I guess if we lived in the perfect world it might be true.

And if we lived in a perfect world, people making accusations would feel impelled to state their evidence.

Ticomaya wrote:

Too polite.

tryingtohelp wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

No

Of course not. Rolling Eyes All the "fun" would end then, wouldn't it?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:45 am
No, maybe I just do not like to name names. They know who they are.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 04:54 am
Arrrgh- I figure that at this point in my life, I HAVE no secrets that I would be concerned about people finding out. And no, I am not going to send my credit card number to anyone by PM!

In addition, I would never say anything about anybody, unless it was good. Now if it is REALLY good............................. Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 05:06 am
Phoenix32890 you always bring a smile to my face.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 05:06 am
Psssst! Hey Phoenix....

You didn't hear this from me, but I heard that Timber wears combat boots to bed. Pass it on!
0 Replies