A SNOW-LESS Winter in Bahstin...

Sglass

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
Merry called from Phoenix around noon Boston time, 6 am Hilo time and is now heading into Kona. I'm getting ready to take Saddle Road and go getz him.

He is taking me out for a belated birthday dinner. My belly button bd was March 2.
hamburger

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:40 pm
eastern lake ontario
another sunny day ! temp just a bit below freezing . the sunny weather will end this weekend - it'll start warming up - rain and soggy snow is expected .
the birds and squirrels are pretending it's spring already !
hbg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:47 pm
@Sglass,

happy belated, Sglass!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:50 pm
@Sglass,
have a good belated birthday celebration
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 04:59 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Wondering if the Merry Eagle has landed in Hawaii ...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 06:28 pm
60 in Wisconsin today. Went to the dog park for the first time since the pup re-fractured his toe 3 months ago.

Then came home and washed acre of mud off dogs.
sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 03:06 pm
@patiodog,
66 right now! Kid finally learned how to ride her bike, no thanks to us. My sole contribution was getting her a Razor scooter to practice balance. Yesterday I took her to a big flat place and she was off. As of today she can ride up and down the sidewalk fine.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 03:36 pm
@sozobe,

Bahstin is back to blustery winterness after a mild sunny weekend...
littlek

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 04:48 pm
@Region Philbis,
yeah, there was a chill in the breeze today.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 05:33 pm
@sozobe,
Congratulations to the Sozlet on the bike thing. I vividly recall the day I learned to ride. My dad did not believe in sissy things like training wheels. So I had no bike of my own. Instead, I was sitting on my older brother's bike, a clunker of a machine painted (quite badly) with dark blue housepaint. It was in front of General S's' house and I had my left foot resting on the lower portion of a fire hydrant. I pushed off, fully expecting to fall over as was usual. But instead I rode! General S happened to be in his yard. He always seemed to be a bit distant; perhaps even cold. I learned much later how deeply he was involved in the whole cold war betwixt the US and the USSR. But he applauded and let out a few whoopies.
It was one of the highlights of my life.
sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 05:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
Aw, sweet of General S. Nice story.

The pushing off thing was key for her too. She got that from a friend, as well as the idea of learning on a too-small bike. She basically used it like an awkward scooter at first -- push off with feet, then glide -- and then moved quickly to putting her feet on the pedals and propelling herself. She tooled around gleefully on her tiny bike (the one that used to have training wheels, which are evil for non-sissy reasons -- they just "train" you the wrong, anti-balance way) and then once she seemed to have that down, we moved on to the more reasonably-sized bike she got from her grandparents for her last birthday (early winter, so the weather only just got nice enough for this stuff). And she's fine on the regular bike. And stoked.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 04:41 pm
Well Merry Andrew has been in Hawaii two weeks and no sun. He is still very pale but feeling great.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 11:21 am
@Sglass,

Sglass, thanx for the update on pale-face MA... Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 04:07 pm

it got up into the 50's today.
nothing left from last weekend's stahm but shovelled piles...
George

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 05:20 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

it got up into the 50's today.
nothing left from last weekend's stahm but shovelled piles...

That's stohm, not stahm.
You guys in Bright-Town sure do talk funny.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 06:34 pm
@Region Philbis,
50s?? Ye gads, it doesn't get much warmer than that up here at the summit of Mt. Kilauea these days. You guys running around in shorts and t-shirts and flip-flops?
margo

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 09:27 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Belated happy birthday.MA!

Hope you're keeping warm...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 11:34 am

our 3 week long snow-less streak will apparently come to end on wednesday.
4cast currently calls for 6" or more...
patiodog

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 07:42 pm
@Region Philbis,
7 to 8 inches for us by tomorrow night. This after the new kid at work (who moved out from Oregon) ventured that "it looks like winter's about done" last week.

What a tool.
littlek

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:04 pm
@patiodog,
<snort>
0 Replies